Awoo.

Bayonetta: Bloodyfate

Wraith

While I love the game, I hate the storyline. I've played the game multiple times but I've seem the story only once. After that, the skip button turned into my best friend.

Meaning, I'm not interested in this anime at all. At least, it's cool to see Bayonetta gaining more attention.

I've seen enough game to anime adaptations to hypothesize that this will blow ass but I guess I'll watch it because it's Bayonetta.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes! This is awesome news! When the first game came out, me and a friend were thinking of ideas for a possible anime, and now its actually a reality.

Its about friggin time! Here's hoping FUNi picks this up.

Edited by Kamina

• 4 months later...

Has anyone watched it yet? I actually did today and while it's not bad, the game does leave it a million miles behind. I still enjoyed it though but:

Disappointed that Fly me to the Moon along with some music (like Splash Wave/Space Harrier's theme) didn't make it through. Also some of the changes that they made (opening in a church instead of the cemetery, the fights between Bayonetta and Jeanne, leaving some of the bosses out etc etc) were kind of annoying but they worked during the context of the movie though I guess.

If you're a fan you should still watch it though.

P.S. it was weird as fuck hearing Bayonetta in Japanese. An English dub with the original voice actors will make the movie a thousand times better.

Ok i only rented the game some years ago(really fun actually) but I remember having an extremely hard time understanding the story. It was like the game expected me to know what was going on. Can someone explain to me why the story and characters were bad, because I had to read a wiki to get anything at all. Note that I didn't know anything about the game story wise before playing it. 

Ok i only rented the game some years ago(really fun actually) but I remember having an extremely hard time understanding the story. It was like the game expected me to know what was going on. Can someone explain to me why the story and characters were bad, because I had to read a wiki to get anything at all. Note that I didn't know anything about the game story wise before playing it. 

As a question, did you read any of the journal entries? I was reading them through the game so that might be why I actually thought the story was easy to understand since they do give some info on everything within the game from the enemies to locations and such.

I just watched it and I got to say the same thing. Its not bad but leaves something to be desired.

Also the whole thing felt anti-climatic compared to the game.

I really didn't like a lot of things they changed, and some scenes felt forced in an attempt to still resemble the original story in some way.

Why did they cut the battle between Balder and Bayonetta  and decicded to merged it with the Jubileus one?The father balder battle is a very important one, where you try to save Cereza(yourself) from him. Also when she fights Jubileus, he shouldn't be  controlled by balder, Jubileus it's his own entity(nitpick much)

tongue.png 

Also sad that Jeane didn't released her full power while fighting Bayonetta.

Finally one last question. Where are the transformations?! They are a somewhat big part of the gameplay and are represented in the story...

I'm sorry about this, I just loved the game so much that I was expecting more than a should from this.

I haven't seen this yet but you should set your standards fairly low when getting into an anime that's based on a game. The majority of them are either very different, very bad, or both.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just watched it and I got to say the same thing. Its not bad but leaves something to be desired.

Also the whole thing felt anti-climatic compared to the game.

I really didn't like a lot of things they changed, and some scenes felt forced in an attempt to still resemble the original story in some way.

Why did they cut the battle between Balder and Bayonetta  and decicded to merged it with the Jubileus one?The father balder battle is a very important one, where you try to save Cereza(yourself) from him. Also when she fights Jubileus, he shouldn't be  controlled by balder, Jubileus it's his own entity(nitpick much)

tongue.png

Also sad that Jeane didn't released her full power while fighting Bayonetta.

Finally one last question. Where are the transformations?! They are a somewhat big part of the gameplay and are represented in the story...

I'm sorry about this, I just loved the game so much that I was expecting more than a should from this.

That's another thing that bothered me:

I was actually expecting the panther transformation and was sad when they didn't include it. I get the feeling that sometimes they didn't want to get TOO silly/over the top which is missing the point of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't seen this yet but you should set your standards fairly low when getting into an anime that's based on a game. The majority of them are either very different, very bad, or both.

Yeah, learned that the hard way.

That's another thing that bothered me:

I was actually expecting the panther transformation and was sad when they didn't include it. I get the feeling that sometimes they didn't want to get TOO silly/over the top which is missing the point of the game.

This! 

The point of the game was over the top action mixed with some silliness and while the movie gives us some cool action scenes it fails delivering the feeling of the game. 

That's way I say it felt anti-climatic and sometimes a little boring.

I second this, Game to anime is like the equivalent to game to movie, It just can't be translated well unless the crew behind it are superfans to begin with.

Poor Viewtiful Joe, it had soo much potential.