Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

I probably asked this before but: Is it fair for me to bash Mighty No.9's visuals despite the fact that it's coming out on 9 different platforms and every other Kickstarter game mentioned have started out on 2-3 platforms max before being ported to other consoles. 

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I probably asked this before but: Is it fair for me to bash Mighty No.9's visuals despite the fact that it's coming out on 9 different platforms and every other Kickstarter game mentioned have started out on 2-3 platforms max before being ported to other consoles. 

Probably more accurate to bash the developers for stopping just short of releasing their first game on self service checkouts and DatPiff.

I mean, it's such a stupid decision. Not even AAA releases new games on 9 platforms at once, why did they think that would work? Was last gen support a stretch goal?

• Thumbs Up 1

While I never backed the game, and had my doubts since the beginning... it's still sad to see what this game has become. I want to laugh about it, and yet I stll feel bad for everyone involved. I really think they started this project with such passion and aspirations... but that spirit just died along the way. It's a tragedy for sure... and pretty comical, but depressing all the same.

I think trying to port the game on so many platforms did nothing to help either. They should've stuck with the 2-3 platforms, and THEN port to other platforms later. Like y'know... what most games do. I don't really know how the gaming business works, but I wouldn't be surprised if porting is pretty darn expensive, and if most of their kickstarter funding went to porting rather than on the actual game itself.

But HEY, at least we have that cartoon to look forward to, right?

.... right?

• Thumbs Up 2

It's official; I want my five dollars back.

I don't care that it wasn't much, I want it back. Shame; I was looking forward to it, and I still think some ideas and characters should probably be in a better game...which only makes this hurt more.

Sounds like it's also official that Keiji Inafune made us his bitch. He, and Comcept as a whole, better be willing to learn from their mistakes.

How very unfortunate; one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns, and what do us backers get? A slap in the face. I do wonder if Comcept employees have a story to tell.

What exactly went wrong? Well, I'm sure it'll be revealed by someone at Comcept. Someone who decided that they no longer have anything to lose by making it public.

• Thumbs Up 1

And the megaman legacy sinks further down the shitter,...

This is honestly heartbreaking. We cant even trust inafune anymore

• Thumbs Up 4

165s16.jpg

Seriously people.  The game's not out yet, and everyone's acting like Chicken Little because IGN gave the game a 65.  This reminds me of another review of a highly anticipated game that got a "less than stellar" score, when GameSpot game Twilight Princess an 8.8 for the superior Wii version and an 8.9 for the inferior GCN version.  And note, the terms inferior and superior.  Those were in the review.

My overall response about this IGN score:

Apparently, those who knew his background saw it coming.

We should have listened to them.

Allow me to quote someoen from Dazz's chat room on Skype.

"Yeah, IGN isn't the most reliable source for evaluating the quality of a game. At best, they usually echo the general consensus of a game."

• Thumbs Up 1

It's hardly IGN alone, though. The game has had eights in some places, but generally 5-6 seems to be the modal average. 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

And the megaman legacy sinks further down the shitter,...

This is honestly heartbreaking. We cant even trust inafune anymore

We never could trust Inafune. I warned people about how shady him leaving Capcom was before finishing MML3 3 years ago. No one listened.

• Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

Allow me to quote someoen from Dazz's chat room on Skype.

"Yeah, IGN isn't the most reliable source for evaluating the quality of a game. At best, they usually echo the general consensus of a game."

The Jimquisition- 4/10

Gamespot- 5/10

Destructoid- 6.5/10

Gameinformer- 6/10

Playstation Universe- 5.5/10

The current Meteoritic rating: 60

Open Critic rating: 58

Don't believe me here's the a thread on Neogaf that list all the reviews out right now http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236654

It isn't just IGN that gave the game an average/medicore/ok rating that seems to be the general opinion that the game is just meh/ok and overall disappointing. i get that big review sites sometimes lie about games just for publicity but considering the way this game has been treated it's not hard to believe. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Sheesh. I never backed this game, but seeing the reviews it's getting is just depressing. Especially considering that Capcom wasn't involved with this game whatsoever. Looks like it's still gonna be a while until we see a truly spectacular mega man game again.

Four million dollars, folks. 4 Million dollars and THIS is what they gave us in the end... Can I just say that First off: I'm really glad that I didn't back this game and Secondly: I feel so sorry for the people who did back it. It really did look like it was going to be the spiritual sequel to the Mega Man series and it was going to rock our pants off. Well, it sorta did, but not in a good way.

Isn't it very sad how much things have severely changed between now and then?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Omega Pipe said:

Isn't it very sad how much things have severely changed between now and then?

reminds me of the sonic cycle actually, SLW specifically. Only this time I wasnt invested lol

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

The Jimquisition- 4/10

Gamespot- 5/10

Destructoid- 6.5/10

Gameinformer- 6/10

Playstation Universe- 5.5/10

The current Meteoritic rating: 60

Open Critic rating: 58

Don't believe me here's the a thread on Neogaf that list all the reviews out right now http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236654

It isn't just IGN that gave the game an average/medicore/ok rating that seems to be the general opinion that the game is just meh/ok and overall disappointing. i get that big review sites sometimes lie about games just for publicity but considering the way this game has been treated it's not hard to believe. 

Besides, we don't need IGN to see that the game is mediocre at best, that we all can see from the last two years of development. IGN's review is just another nail to the coffin.

• Thumbs Up 3

The IGN review itself is pretty fair too, the guy gives a lot of reasonable points as while even giving the game some praise in certain aspects instead of just flaming it for the sake of public opinion so you can't say they didn't give it a fair shake.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd also like to remind everyone that the general reaction to the gameplay demo was meh in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, pppp said:

So guys you can now buy this at a very special price on the PS4 on Amazon:

Captura de Ecrã (2).png

You're welcome:

https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-No-9-PS4/dp/B01BB6XJFO/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1466462933&sr=1-4&keywords=mighty+no+9

I can vouch for it too! Be forewarned. If you purchase, you WILL be paying Inafune and company $1,000.00 plus shipping.

On 5/19/2016 at 3:35 PM, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Heard about the survey getting delayed due to technical difficulties. Pffft

I8aAxiG.jpg

Oh and furthermore, several people still to this day, reported the survey NOT working and thus they got stuck with the PC version on default. Are you having fun yet kids?????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Nix said:

52LOj3C.png

9GCRn9r.gif

Somebody toss me an E tank, I fucking dying over here!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

6 hours ago, PSI Wind said:

We never could trust Inafune. I warned people about how shady him leaving Capcom was before finishing MML3 3 years ago. No one listened.

What was his background exactly?