Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

The Great Jim Sterling has some gameplay for us all to gaze upon:

"MIGHTY NO.9" DOCUMENTARY EPISODE 1

Hey Mighties!

With the release date of Mighty No. 9 quickly approaching, our staff felt it would be a good time to look back at the early days of development.
So for today's update, we are releasing the 2nd part of our Development Documentary!
A big thanks to our friends at 2 Player Productions for their hard work putting this together. 

This part of the documentary was shot in the Spring of 2014 when we were still at a very early stage of development, and it is a great look into how Inafune and the staff approached the development of Mighty No. 9.

Now that more and more footage of the game is out there in the form of trailers and gameplay videos, we hope our fans enjoy watching this documentary and comparing how aspects such as KIMOKIMO and Komaki's sketches or the designs and ideas from the Inti Creates team are represented in the final product.

The release date is right around the corner!
I am sure everyone is looking forward to it just as much as we are!

Until next time Mighties! (`_´)ゞ
-The Mighty No. 9 Team

News

So the games ending got leaked

Also contains the final boss too. My thoughts are as follows:

Spoiler

Fuck off Comcept. You couldn't even give us a proper ending? Just some artwork and a Megaman Zero-esque cliffhanger. There was no love here period, it's just a vehicle to jump start a franchise. Fuck this.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Four million dollars

Four

MILLION

DOLLARS

*Dollary Doos 

I'm gonna buy the game off Sami, he said he doesn't want it. XP

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll buy the game since I backed it, but you can bet that unless Comcept really steps up their game, I don't be buying anything more from them unless they're not the ones getting the main credit.

But yeah, the more I hear about the game, the more it seems like Hideki Kamiya was right...I miss the days when I was actually excited for the game, and now I'm afraid of backing any further Kickstarters.

From this, to Red Ash, to other fiascos, I think Comcept is gonna have to admit they messed up big time if they expect to have a shot of even having a future.

As things stand, Inafune's complaints about the Japanese game industry are likely to hold a lot less water given that his own efforts are going awry.

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Look at how happy everybody was on page 1...

69 pages later

• Thumbs Up 7

26 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

69 pages later

69 delays better.

• Thumbs Up 9

...Is the final boss really just:

Spoiler

Inafune's Wily-referencing Call design?

Because if so, that's... kind of brilliant, stubborn, and lazy in equal measure.  The story of this game in miniature.

3 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

ClV0nZGWEAAB4Pp.jpg

Well, sadly, this seems to be one of those games where a developer takes their time...and the game still turns out "meh" at best.

I still think Miyamoto's words hold fruit...provided development is going smoothly, delays or not. There are exceptions, of course, but I do think having a good environment helps. This doesn't sound like a good environment.

While even troubled productions had good things come out of them...this isn't looking like this'll be one of them. The most we can hope for is that perhaps it'll be okay.

But it's looking like Keiji Inafune is about to make us his birch. Just like John Romero did all those years ago.

the worst thing of all is that the initial evalutation test they made looks a million times better than the actual product (and it was made in 7 days) so I wonder what happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game's main complaints from what I can gather from a handful of reviews are the following:

• Unforgivable Framerate (coupled with visually unimpressive graphics, this is a huge head-turner)
  • Lazy Level Design (It has a ton of enemies and simple obstacles placed but most of them are apparently not even challenging and the hardest obstacles are cheap and unfair)
  • Bosses are just as lazy
  • Tries to look like a homage to Megaman without really embracing anything that made the games popular
  • The controls are surprisingly not tight (One review describes the movement like mould tar underwater)
  • AI Tracking is messy and the hit boxes are completely bonkers
  • IGN mentioned that one of the weapons made it way too easy to defeat foes, making a lot of the other ones clunkier and less useful by comparison

So that's honestly disappointing. I'll reserve judgement til the day I play the game but until then, I'll just look for better options when it comes to 2D Platformers.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the game has pretty much turned out to be what many people expected a while now.

XI9cyA9.gif

Megaman fans who still hoped the game would be good despite its baggage am cry...but not as much as those anime fans on prom night amirite :^)

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

So the game has pretty much turned out to be what many people expected a while now.

XI9cyA9.gif

Megaman fans who still hoped the game would be good despite its baggage am cry...but not as much as those anime fans on prom night amirite :^)

I think the only fans crying was the ones who say through the Mighty No. 9 anime that's likely in development at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Your signature is so appropiate haha.

As expected. I played the demo and got bored of it after a while. Everything looked bland and uninspired.

*sighs* Everyone was so excited when the annoucement came out...

With the reviews already out I think this pic is really accurate 

ClWZqoJWEAQR3bf.jpg

Man this is depressing. I wonder what happens from here. Since they want to make a sequel how are they going to fund it? They can't do another crowdfunding since they've done that 6 times. I doubt that Inafune will go back to Capcom especially since he's partially responsible for why they've pretty much gone downhill. 

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

With the reviews already out I think this pic is really accurate 

ClWZqoJWEAQR3bf.jpg

Man this is depressing. I wonder what happens from here. Since they want to make a sequel how are they going to fund it? They can't do another crowdfunding since they've done that 6 times. I doubt that Inafune will go back to Capcom especially since he's partially responsible for why they've pretty much gone downhill. 

Deep Silver is notorious for greenlightning/funding sequels to shitty games (Risen), so i'm totally seeing them allowing this to continue.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

ClV0nZGWEAAB4Pp.jpg

Fascinatingly enough, if you say "'Moto: Never Mind" out loud, it sounds very similar to saying Mighty No. 9.

• Thumbs Up 7

Goddamn, and I didn't expect anything great from this... I'm glad I didn't waste any money backing this train wreck, but I'm sad for the people who did and were looking forward to this game.

• Thumbs Up 1