Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

It still baffles me how a game like this, having more than $3 million under its belt in a Kickstarter, could look so mediocre in comparison to Shantae Half Genie Hero which got less than a million in its Kickstarter. 

I don't want to come off defending Inafune but Im sure that there's more to it than that. For starters 1/2 genie hero is the same engine used to make ducktales remastered and Mighty No.9 is coming on every console where has Shantae isn't as far as Im aware. I agree it's jarring but like I said I'm pretty sure there's more to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sigh. So i take it that it's only available to people who backed the original first kickstarter and not the second one? 

Sigh. So i take it that it's only available to people who backed the original first kickstarter and not the second one? 

It said in the email, available to "all our Mighty No. 9 backers". I'm sure you'll get a chance but if boy there would be another cock-up if I'm wrong.

I'm a backer but I still can't see the update. Granted that may be a Kickstarter issue rather than a comcept issue. So I emailed both just to be sure, because I want that trial. 

It said in the email, available to "all our Mighty No. 9 backers". I'm sure you'll get a chance but if boy there would be another cock-up if I'm wrong.

Also didn't they also say that about forum access too? 

I don't want to come off defending Inafune but Im sure that there's more to it than that. For starters 1/2 genie hero is the same engine used to make ducktales remastered and Mighty No.9 is coming on every console where has Shantae isn't as far as Im aware. I agree it's jarring but like I said I'm pretty sure there's more to it.

"More to  it" or not, the fact remains that while Comcept  boasted a grand Mega Man game with promises of pristine graphics,  they've so far failed to deliver on that if the demos are anything to go by,  and that's not even touching the kick-start error reward conundrums. 

And honestly,  a game being on more systems in this case,  especially with the difference not even being that wide a gap,  cannot  excuse a bland, color-deprived platformer. Especially when a platformer on less than half its  budget  has more color variety,  and actual functioning the way it was advertised to .

Edited by Komasan

Full Email, in case anyone was curious:

Hey Mighties!

We know that there are a lot of our fans and especially backers who were disappointed that the Mighty No. 9 release has been delayed from the planned September 15th date. However, we don’t want our backers to be completely empty-handed, and as a result we have a special announcement!

We are releasing an exclusive Trial Ver. for all of our Mighty No. 9 backers!!!

The team at comcept and all of our partners are currently working on solving the online issues with Mighty No. 9, however the single-player content is in a complete state. We would like our backers to have a chance to play the near-complete game, so we are releasing this Trial Ver. which has more volume and functionality compared to the original beta test we conducted. The release of this Trial Ver. is planned for September 15th, so make sure to clear your schedule! We will start sending out codes to our backers a few days earlier than the actual release. This Trial Ver. is planned to run for a full month after release, but will be taken down after that.

Now, let’s take a look at what will be included in the Trial Ver.

• Four stages playable from full game.
    In the beta test we released for backers, it was only possible to play 3 stages which were still under production. For this Trial Ver. we will be including the Opening Stage, No. 1 Stage, No. 3 Stage, and the No. 5 Stage in their complete states! Changes have been made to the content including enemy placement adjustments and an extra layer of polish has been added to the graphics, so even backers who spent time with the beta should also check out this Trial Ver. to see what has changed since then!
161cb70131b3bfdd2a46e244383d8446_origina
  • Stages will include all relevant cutscenes!
    In Mighty No. 9, the story will unfold as players challenge and clear new stages. For this Trial Ver. we are not cutting out any of the story content, so all cutscenes related to the stages will also be included! This will give our backers a look into the world of Mighty No. 9 as the various incidents unfold, and allow players to see just how Beck and his crew are dealing with them!
e7995d144043effe9c30e66bc6dc99e3_origina
  • A variety of voice and subtitle options!
    From the Options menu, players will be able to select the following language options. Text Display: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese Voices: English, Japanese
  • New game options + Retro Soundtrack!
    We have also added a few new options thanks to feedback from our backers from the previous beta test. In the Trial Ver. users will be able to toggle options such as the dialogue boxes and AcXeleration UI effects on or off. We have also included the 8-bit soundtrack, which can be turned on in the General Options menu.
ca09a49355c86aead824c0a86ead8718_origina
  • Challenge Mode stages 1-6 also playable!
    On top of the 4 main stages we are including in this Trial Ver., we are also included a small part of the Challenge Mode, which has players take on challenges with a variety of requirements and restrictions. Try them all out, and master your basic Mighty No. 9 skills with this mode!
73155e8cfd435c7b4cd850be79be9097_origina

A special present from Inti Creates: Mighty Gunvolt codes!  

With the Steam release of Azure Striker Gunvolt, the 8-bit action game Mighty Gunvolt will also be hitting Steam on September 29th 2015. Inti Creates is providing all of our Mighty No. 9 backers with a code to redeem the Steam version of the game as special thanks for supporting our project! We will be sending out the codes soon, however the game will not unlock until the release date on Steam.

Finally, the Mighty No. 9 Team would like to apologize once more to our fans and backers regarding the recently announced delay to the Mighty No. 9 release date. We hope that this Trial Ver. of the game will give our backers a glimpse of what the final product will look like. Thank you for all of your support up until now Mighties!

―The Mighty No. 9 Team

Man I hope when they say all backers they literally mean ALL of the backers because i'm seriously dying to play this and it sounds like they're pumping a lot into this trial to give it some replay value so i'm really looking forward to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man I hope when they say all backers they literally mean ALL of the backers because i'm seriously dying to play this and it sounds like they're pumping a lot into this trial to give it some replay value so i'm really looking forward to it.

Likewise. though recently the Kickstarter page no longer shows me as a backer and that worries me. 

• 2 weeks later...

New details about the Trial.

58a8d6dc29d495099cd79ae30412d568_origina

We understand that a lot of our backers are disappointed with the announcement of the Mighty No. 9 release delay…. Our team and the rest of our partners are working hard to solve the issues with the Online features for Mighty No. 9, however we have not forgotten all of the supporters who got us to this point.

As a result, we want to do what we can to make up for the delay with our second iteration of Mighty Month!

5ba9ef85bd48c3c7453505891dc5c254_origina

We have a lot in store for our backers for this Mighty Month 2, so let’s go ahead and introduce it all!

3e47caa5123c8fe6eb29cbd96ecdd83b_origina

As was announced by our fearless leader, Keiji Inafune, during the Mighty Chat at PAX Prime 2015, we are releasing a backer exlcusive Trial Ver. of Mighty No. 9! Anyone who backed Mighty No. 9 is eligible to play this special Trial Ver. which will go live on September 15th and last for one month! We will be sending out codes for the Trial Ver. before the actual release on September 15th.

ee1a5cc5bd4310d58cba0c8537fd500c_origina

And that isn’t all! We are bringing back the KimoKimo Cup for another Fan Art Robot Design Contest! Are you ready to take on the Battle Colosseum!?
The contest is already underway, so if you are interested in participating please take a look at the Contest Rules on our official forums. 

7eed2fcb480d44ab02ab5f64a3d1a715_origina

We will also be bringing back MIGHTV for this month! Our first video will feature the lead composer on Mighty No. 9, Manami Matsumae, taking on the Mighty No. 9 Challenge Mode! We are editing this first video now and will be releasing it as soon as it is ready! We will have more in store for MIGHTV over the course of Mighty Month 2 as well, so keep an eye out!  

That is all for this update! You can find more details regarding Mighty Month 2 and the Robot Design Contest on the official forums!
- The Mighty No. 9 Team

Mighty No.9

More like Mighty Not Mega Man amirite?

I said amirite?

Alright, being serious though, when looking at the footage of Mighty No.9's opening level. It looks like a total rip off of Mega Man. Like seriously. Not a successor that takes inspiration from Mega Man. I mean just a rip off. The music sounds exactly from a Mega Man game. The level is in general Mega Man X's highway stage with cutscenes, right down to having parts of the highway blown up, forcing you to climb your way back up to the highway and in general, it looks like a knock off of Mega Man with far less memorable characters. I can remember the robot masters from Mega Man 1-4.

Especially since I've read the comics so I even know what their personalities are. I remember the boss weaknesses for Mega Man 1 and 2. But with Mighty No.9? I can't remember any of them, outside of Beak, and knowing there's a fire based boss in the game. Other than that, I really can't remember any of the characters in the game, but in general, the only thing I can think about is "Oh, there's Not-Mega Man." or "There's not-Dr,Light", or "There's Not-Fire Man". It feels like a ripoff more than a true successor, and even worse, it's a ripoff that feeds off the fact that Mega Man fans have wanted a new game for so long.

Also the cutscenes and voice acting sucks.

I’m calling Inafune-san here, but when a game creator makes a new game, or makes any game for example, they always think about the sequel. Always thinking about what they can do with the IP. So naturally for us, for Comcept, we are already thinking about the next step for Mighty No. 9. Whether it’s gonna be a sequel or a spinoff, we don’t know yet. But since we already have this much attention, and a decent amount of feedback from the people who play the game, there’s just no reason not for us to not expand on the title.

This was what Nick Yu said in a interview http://gonintendo.com/stories/242539-comcept-thinking-about-the-future-of-mighty-no-9-considering-se I know the game is done and all but I think they should release it first before talking about spinoffs and such

Well, I currently watching the special demo thing for Mighty No. 9. I'm probably gonna earn myself some ire for this, but I don't mind what I'm seeing here. It reminds me a bit of Mega Man X and Mega Man Powered Up gameplay-wise and visually, and I don't mind the voice acting. It could stand to have less cutscenes, though, but I guess this weird frequency of them is just down to it being the tutorial stage. Other than that, I'm mostly satisfied enough, with just a dash of neutral at worst.

• Thumbs Up 3

This was what Nick Yu said in a interview http://gonintendo.com/stories/242539-comcept-thinking-about-the-future-of-mighty-no-9-considering-se I know the game is done and all but I think they should release it first before talking about spinoffs and such

so these guys are pulling a bs Ubisoft reason. "Anyone who makes games thinks about a sequel." 1. No they don't. At least not everyone.

2.Yeah that's great and all, but how about you fucking wait until your new game releases first and see how it's received before announcing sequels and spinoffs. Learn some restraint. It's not attractive to already expect more before even seeing how people react to your first game. You don't plan the second and third date until you actually meet the person on the first.

Edited by Michael Munroe

Well, I currently watching the special demo thing for Mighty No. 9. I'm probably gonna earn myself some ire for this, but I don't mind what I'm seeing here. It reminds me a bit of Mega Man X and Mega Man Powered Up gameplay-wise and visually, and I don't mind the voice acting. It could stand to have less cutscenes, though, but I guess this weird frequency of them is just down to it being the tutorial stage. Other than that, I'm mostly satisfied enough, with just a dash of neutral at worst.

Yeah, the beta levels were alright at worst. I really don't understand the sheer negativity for the game itself, it's horrendously overblown, IMO. Comcept is a bit of a mess when it comes to a lot of other things, but the game itself is gonna be alright at worst, really.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the beta levels were alright at worst. I really don't understand the sheer negativity for the game itself, it's horrendously overblown, IMO. Comcept is a bit of a mess when it comes to a lot of other things, but the game itself is gonna be alright at worst, really.

It is not overblown. The simple fact of the matter is the things that Comcept does directly effect the game and feelings towards it. Between trying to get a movie, a series, and now a whole bunch of sequels and spinoffs out of Mighty No.9 before it even releases, there was the whole Red Ash situation where it was more or less just proving Comcept as a company who only want to make games based on other games to make people nostalgic for that game to want to play it, and that's not even mentioning the whole finale of that entire situation.

The simple fact of the matter is that with Comcept making stupid choices, and oversaturating Mighty No.9 with a bunch of products and more spinoffs, it's going to quickly become stale. Even more than that, they have no clue whatsoever how the first game is going to pan out, so if it fails, it means either another Kickstarter or something else entirely.

Which brings me to the next point. Red Ash: Mighty No.9 Not-Legends. They went to Kickstarter for that. Why? The entire point of Kickstarter is first getting one project funded, and working full time on that. Then once that's done and released, you see how well that does and then use the funds from that game to either develop a spin off or sequel. You do not go back to Kickstarter before the release of your game and then proceed to try get even more funds out of people when you don't even know how well your first game is going to do.

But to put it simply. It's a Mega Man ripoff. 

That's the cold hard truth. At this point, when the opening level is stealing right from Mega Man X, there's no "spirtiual successor" about it. It's a total ripoff of Mega Man. The designs, level structure, and even the powers are straight out of Mega Man, the music sounds directly out of Mega Man, and rather than a person actually making a game because it's their vision and they want to see it come to life, they rather decided to ride the coattails off previous successes, and bank on the nostalgia of people who want another Mega Man game. 

A game that's only "alright" really shouldn't be deserving of all the hype Comcept is trying to create off of it. A eh, game getting a series, a movie and more games?it would be one thing if they were putting time into things to improve the series and gain it's place in the industry, and they were pacing themselves, but that's not what's happening. They're over saturating and gambling on something they aren't even sure will be a success. It would be like boom all over again, only this is a new ip and not a well recognized character, so sales won't be nearly as high.

Edited by Michael Munroe

The game itself it's inoffensive at the slightest. It's just the stuff surrounding the game is what causes the negativity. When it was first announced people thought that it was going to be the best thing ever so I guess they set their expectations too high. Another factor is that Comcept themselves want to make this IP to be big and there's nothing wrong with that but when you get down to it they have to focus on the game before they have all these deals with companies to make their merchandising. It didn't help matters either that they weren't honest to their backers during the Red Ash thing. I can't believe Im saying this but this is pretty much reminding me of Ken Penders antics of trying to make the Lara-Su chronicles the next big thing before the damn book is finished.

• Thumbs Up 2

So the best thing about this whole fiasco just got uploaded, the soundtrack: http://goo.gl/Mtuw7T

There's a cartoon and movie deal in place, all of that before the game actually came out. This is a more logical line of thinking by comparison.

Edited by Balding Spider

So for those of you hoping to play the new demo...

Finally, we know that all of our fans are looking forward to the Special Demo Version we are preparing, and we just ask that you be a little more patient. The team is working on it, but some issues popped up regarding the distribution method so there is a good chance it will not be ready to launch by the 15th. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.
As soon as we have more info, we will let everyone know immediately.

The magnitude of this level of incompetence man. They actually make Sonic Team seem like a competent developer by comparison.

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150915

Yo dawg I heard you like delays....anyways the apology demo of the game got the delayed which is ironic because it was meant to come out this week http://www.destructoid.com/mighty-no-9-trial-version-delayed-after-being-an-apology-for-initial-delay-310991.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter Ok seriously what the hell is going on here? It's amazing how our opinions of Inafune/Comcept changed with in the course of 2 years. Oh and the soundtrack is on youtube now so if you want to give that a listen go ahead