Awoo.

Sonic Lost World @ Gamescom

Zavok the SpinningSilver

Does it appear to have any momentum gameplay? On the 2D Dessert Ruins stage it looked like even steep slopes had Sonic standing totally still or not being affected by it when he started walking or running.

Sadly, no. When Sonic moves over a downwards slope, the camera tilts along with him, like a SMG sort of thing.

Edited by Auto

Those jumping badniks... aren't those from Mushroom Hill? They really DID go pretty thorough on bringing back classics, I see!

I'm at where Aaron plays the 2D stage, and it looks very classic.

If you're referring to this video, that's not Aaron Webber; it's producer Sam Mullen, though I will admit his voice could be confused for Aaron's.

That aside, though, I'm in full agreement this game looks more wonderful the more I see of it. We're looking at some genuine difficulty in some stages it looks like, so I'm hopeful this won't be another case of "blow through it in 4 hours" like Generations was. The designs all look very fresh too, which is a plus; it looks like this game won't be monotonous at all.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

So not only does SLW take inspiration from Mario Galaxy, it's also got some Super Monkey Ball in there.

In the Frozen Factory stage that's shown in the video, Sonic automatically spin dashes in the snow and becomes a giant snowball. He then rolls in the snowball around the level, bouncing off objects, and the rings he collects get stuck on the snowball. It's pretty hilarious. There are also POOL TABLE ELEMENTS!

If you're referring to this video, that's not Aaron Webber; it's producer Sam Mullen

Oh. I automatically assumed that, since Aaron was showing everything off in the levels. And they sound extremely identical. :l

Does that Frozen Factory music sound like Windmill Isle day to anyone else?

Edited by Auto

All righty! Trailer's been screen capped, because the gameplay would take too long to screen cap.

Bit of a problem though. I'm trying to post the images and they're coming out broken. How do I fix it? Otherwise, I'm ready to post.

What makes this region blocker thing hilarious is that Gamescom is actually in Germany. So people in Europe can't watch a trailer that was premiered at a convention in Europe.

• Thumbs Up 8

All righty! Trailer's been screen capped, because the gameplay would take too long to screen cap.

Bit of a problem though. I'm trying to post the images and they're coming out broken. How do I fix it? Otherwise, I'm ready to post.

As long as they're a standard file format, just upload them to a hosting service (Imgur is the best one) and embed them here.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the Frozen Factory stage that's shown in the video, Sonic automatically spin dashes in the snow and becomes a giant snowball. He then rolls in the snowball around the level, bouncing off objects, and the rings he collects get stuck on the snowball. It's pretty hilarious. There are also POOL TABLE ELEMENTS!

Personally I'm predicting lots of rage on this front. It's probably going to be a case of "that one level" for me.

I guess it all helps increase play time though...

Oh. I automatically assumed that, since Aaron was showing everything off in the levels. And they sound extremely identical. :l

Oh, I confused him for Aaron too! But then I heard the name the interviewer gave him, and a bit confused, looked at the description and saw it isn't him. Guess Aaron got a vacation from this event; I'd say he's earned it after being a regular for all things SEGA. tongue.png

Does that Frozen Factory music sound like Windmill Isle day to anyone else?

I'd need to listen more closely but I don't doubt it. Given the same composer as Unleashed, I also noticed that Rooftop Run and Windy Hill have some slight similarities too. Your music style can be like a signature, I suppose!

I'm about to explode with hype.

Is someone standing by with a mop to clean up all the blood and guts?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd need to listen more closely but I don't doubt it. Given the same composer as Unleashed, I also noticed that Rooftop Run and Windy Hill have some slight similarities too. Your music style can be like a signature, I suppose!

It's not the same instrumental style, but it has the same melody (that's the word, right? I don't get music terms)

Yeah, definitely looks like this happens just before the first zone. Unless it's a flashback like in Colours.

YES! Got 'em! I have a few shots to upload, so I'll go by category. Give me a minute or two for the rest.

Here's the brief but lovely CG while you wait:

p1bjIkV.png

The Tornado has some damage it looks like, wonder what that's all about

I guess I was right in guessing the Tornado gets attacked, which is why it's flying out of control at the beginning of Windy Hill Zone 1.

Still betting on the Deadly Six being the ones to attack the plane. That'd be quite the introduction.

Back with some more:

Main Stages

NcafgiS.png

fMM44DM.png

Co - OP

ZayhtkU.png

Another minute to post the rest, and Espio'd for the Ice Skates.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't take a lot of screenshots right now but here. Check this out from Frozen Factory:

post-1915-0-86197500-1377004459_thumb.pn

post-1915-0-85332700-1377004633_thumb.pn

The ice level has Mario bobombs.

Edited by Spooky Mulder

I can't take a lot of screenshots right now but here. Check this out from Frozen Factory:

attachicon.gifbombomb.PNG

Starlight Zone bombs.

I'm gonna absolutely dread that Super Monkey Ball play style if it's on the 3DS version....

• Thumbs Up 2

attachicon.gifbombomb.PNG

They actually look like:

320px-StarLightZone.png

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Pawn