Awoo.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Autosaver

Oh don't worry, I'm sure DC will set up World's Finest as a prequel to a Bat/Supes/Spidey trio film for 2017.

I've enjoyed the past Batman and Superman movies. I'm definitely going to see this.

Edited by Stritix~

Oh don't worry, I'm sure DC will set up World's Finest as a prequel to a Bat/Supes/Spidey trio film for 2017.

Isn't Spider-Man owned by Disney/Marvel though?...

Isn't Spider-Man owned by Disney/Marvel though?...

Nothing a little cash can't set up.

Oh look, a crossover of two DC characters whose recent movies have been overrated and ZOMGREALISTICNDARK?!

I used to like the idea of Batman and Superman when I was a kid, but not so much now as an adult. No thanks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh look, a crossover of two DC characters whose recent movies have been overrated and ZOMGREALISTICNDARK?!

I used to like the idea of Batman and Superman when I was a kid, but not so much now as an adult. No thanks.

What is wrong with realism and a bit of Darkness? I didn't find Man Of Steel to be that Dark to be honest or realistic. When I think about it the Dark Knight Trilogy isn't really that Dark, realistic to a point yes but not dark. Not as dark as Batman can be.

The reason why you probably find Man Of Steel Dark is because of lighter Old Style of Christopher Reeve Superman films you may be used to.

I can think of Darker Superhero Comic Book movies like the Watchmen, Dredd, Punisher: War Zone, Robocop (Okay he isn't technically a superhero but he did become a popular comic book character and his movies apart from the God Awful third film were dark and violent as hell).

There is probably more but those are some that come to mind. 

I really enjoyed Man of Steel. Zach Snyder impressed me. Surprised it got mixed reviews. 

I think it would be better if Joseph Gordon Levitt played Batman at least to have continuity with Rises. I'd Love for Bale to return though. I can't stand the idea of getting new actors and doing reboots like the new spiderman from last year.

I really enjoyed Man of Steel. Zach Snyder impressed me. Surprised it got mixed reviews.  I think it would be better if Joseph Gordon Levitt played Batman at least to have continuity with Rises. I'd Love for Bale to return though. I can't stand the idea of getting new actors and doing reboots like the new spiderman from last year.
Nolan's trilogy is over. Even more importantly, it does not mesh at all with Man of Steel. I really wish more people understood this.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I kind of appreciate that they're jumping into this new Batman headfirst and not doing the origin again. We all know who Batman is; no need to show us Joe Chill and the Zorro movie again. Just have him growl a bit and keep his car in a cave and you're set.

I just hope that they take advantage of the reboot and really set this Batman apart from the Nolan version. I'd really love this to be the kind of Batman who would make sense with a (real) Robin, or who could reasonably fight Killer Croc or Poison Ivy. A jetpack Batman. This world already has Saiyans Kryptonians in it; the silly threshold's officially been crossed, even if you made it really gray and hoped people wouldn't notice.

...that's probably not gonna happen, but it'd at least be nice if they could have him speak audibly and put him in a more flexible costume that they can actually film fight scenes with.

• Thumbs Up 5

Superman, a super hero with god-like powers always seemed like an incredibly stupid idea.

Really? Even though he was the first to do it and basically started an entire genre of comics (correct me if I'm wrong, btw) as well as the superhero trope? o_o

I can think of Darker Superhero Comic Book movies like the Watchmen, Dredd, Punisher: War Zone, Robocop (Okay he isn't technically a superhero but he did become a popular comic book character and his movies apart from the God Awful third film were dark and violent as hell).

There is probably more but those are some that come to mind.

And I can think of books like Lord of the Flies and Lolita but that doesn't mean I'd make a Power Pack film about murder and child rape. The idea that "dark" comics mean "ALL DARK" comics is one of DC's major problems right now and Man of Steel was a prime example.

And I can think of books like Lord of the Flies and Lolita but that doesn't mean I'd make a Power Pack film about murder and child rape. The idea that "dark" comics mean "ALL DARK" comics is one of DC's major problems right now and Man of Steel was a prime example.

I honestly didn't find it that dark at all, I found to be quite balanced. If people want a lighter take on Superman watch the Christopher Reeve films.

Nolan's trilogy is over. Even more importantly, it does not mesh at all with Man of Steel. I really wish more people understood this.

I disagree, I think the two worlds can work together. Just because Man of Steel was crazy on CGI effects and dark knight isn't doesn't mean it can't work. A good director can make it work. And so what if Nolan's trilogy is over, it's not like he has to direct this crossover. I know Nolan didn't want alien powers in his trilogy and he wanted to ground it in reality, but for a crossover, I can see it working as long as the director is competent, and with Nolan producing. 

Whoa this would be really cool if it wasn't being handled by the same creative team that thought that Superman

punching a giant world ending laser would be cool, or that having him mow

through entire buildings like an ungodly monstrous lawnmower without any consideration for human life would be
awesome.

I'm sorry guys, I just can't help but not be excited by this. 

• Thumbs Up 4

So then.....pretty much no one is actually looking forward to this then? 

Edited by Soniman

So then.....pretty much no one is actually looking forward to this then?
A lot of people are. It's just that getting your hopes up for DC to get their shit together seems like a waste of effort.

• 5 weeks later...

.... I like Ben, but I just don't see him as Batman. That is unless he was both directing and staring as Batman.

That seems a little random. I guess Daredevil is kind of like Batman. huh.png

Edited by Kamina

Everyone seems to be either confused or outraged at this news, but I actually like Ben Affleck, and while he's certainly no Karl Urban, I'm sure he'll be great.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure who I want for Batman, but apparently Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad and Malcom in the Middle fame is interested in portraying Lex Luthor. Yes, please. Get him involved, playing either Lex or Commissioner Gordon. He would be perfect for either character.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

Not worried at all about Ben playing Batman. Besides, fans bitched about Micheal Keaton playing Batman and Heath Ledger playing the Joker and look what the respective outcomes were.