Awoo.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Autosaver

Batman vs Superman and Star Wars 7. This is going to be an exciting time for movies.

Just saw what I could of the full trailer apparently; but just like that Warner Bros. took it down.

Oh some heads are gonna roll methinks.

Eh...

It's hard to put my finger on it, but it kind of just has a "darker MCU" kind of vibe to it. I'm not really interested in the world or the premise, it just seems to focus on "hoo hey there are heroes and they fight".

Cinematography/action reminds me of MCU as well. 

I do like the concept of a theological debate surrounding Superman - giving him worshipers and challengers trying to fight for mankind's supremacy is a really neat idea. I don't know though, I wasn't feeling this trailer.

and for the record, I hate (movie) MCU. My favorite live action super-hero adaptations are Nolan's Batman and Netflix Daredevil.

Don't know that you needed to add that little note there :V

Keeps feeling too tryhard grimdark, harder to swallow the devotee stuff when Superman was SHIT in the last movie. Just give me a Red Son movie goddamnit

Loving the look of the batsuit this time around. Hope they show off clearer shots of it soon.

I think what I'm most interested in seeing is Eisenburg's protrayal of Luthor. It's been months since they've announced that he was handling the role and it still surprises me when I think about it.

Batman has a sniper rifle

A sniper rifle

Edit: Apparently it's his new grapple gun.

Holy crap, that was tryhard grimdark. Not a good impression.

'Dark and gritty' is why nearly all the comics industry went to shit in the 90s and partly why DC's New 52 is such a gigantic mess, aside from some glorious diamonds such as Sensation Comics and Harley Quinn's own series. Nolan's Batman was only good if not great with Dark Night, the other two films aren't really as good. Even as great as the Arkham games are, I find the gritty style to be a bit of a turn-off (though I can easily look past it). This is trying way too hard. I blame pretty much all of this crap on Frank Miller, especially The Dark Knight Returns, which is kind of overrated in some respects, though to be fair to the guy, pretty much everyone looked at the superficial stuff and ignored the core of what was good about that work.

I still think the DCAU is DC's best non-comics fare to date, if not the best adaptation of Marvel/DC material, period. It got the balance perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 8

So it looks like people are going to turn against Superman - out of fear, I guess - and they ask Batman to take him out? Hmmm....

RIP Batman 2016

He never stood a chance.....

bc899cfa-a6a2-466d-9b37-d4f804b7695f.gif

I'm just hoping this movie will turn out to be half decent and won't be a complete flop.

So it looks like people are going to turn against Superman - out of fear, I guess - and they ask Batman to take him out? Hmmm....

RIP Batman 2016

He didn't stand a chance.....

I'm just hoping this movie won't flop and will turn out to be half decent.

P5UHhHq.gif

Batman is going to win.

blah

I don't want grimdark Superman

Even if this movie gets everything else right, there's only so much of that I can stomach.

At this point I'm like so not interested, I wonder if I'll watch it at all...

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorted of hyped, but dare I say, I don't quite highly gravitate to the Frank Miller-inspired parts.

Don't know that you needed to add that little note there :V

oh

I was cross-posting from GAF, my opinions on dumb superhero movies aren't quite as known over there.

RIP Batman 2016

He never stood a chance.....

bc899cfa-a6a2-466d-9b37-d4f804b7695f.gif

I'm just hoping this movie will turn out to be half decent and won't be a complete flop.

Batman is one of the few people in the DC universe to actually defeat Superman. A good writer could make this fight not totally one sided.

I doubt this is one of those times though.

Okay, I would have let this go but I really got to comment on it:

The last movie makes 700 million dollars and somehow Superman is "not popular"? Sometimes people will find some really dumb stuff to criticize just for the sake of criticizing.

In the future I'll be sure to run it by you before I reply to posts visible on the previous page.

• Thumbs Up 3

blah

I don't want grimdark Superman

Even if this movie gets everything else right, there's only so much of that I can stomach.

At this point I'm like so not interested, I wonder if I'll watch it at all...

• Thumbs Up 3

Warner Bros. said screw it and released the trailer early.

Enjoy it. Love it.

But fuck that we're stuck with Zach Snyder.

Say what you will about Snyder, he's pretty damn good with a camera. Cinematography and tone are fucking perfect in his movies.

Yeah, I'm not convinced one iota that this movie is going to be freaking sweet. It would cool if it turned out to be but I'm just not into super duper edgy with a touch of symbolism as a movie especially if it's a superhero movie.

I just hope the writers don't fart all over Superman and put Batman on a gold pedicel or vise versa. And sure as hell hope wonder woman has a proper role and isn't just shoe horned in the movie because "Oh shit, we forgot about Wonder Woman again!".

Come on DC step it up.