Awoo.

New Images and Info from 4Gamer.net!

Hero of Legend

Zelda in Mario world.

I actually have not the slightest idea of what the hell you're trying to say with this.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's like this game is Sonic Colours 2 or something

2v955qv.jpg5193BasicPose_Sonic00.jpg

Heh, I thought that looked familiar. Shouldn't be surprised at this point.

Anyway, I like what I see so far! I wonder if the Evening/Night time Windy Hill stages have a slightly remixed Act 1 theme.

I actually have not the slightest idea of what the hell you're trying to say with this.

Something 'bout the Lost Hex being from a Mario game and the fake moon looking too much like this:

image_38141_thumb_wide610.jpg

Yeah... I don't see it.

He's trying to say it looks like Super Smash Bros. Melee.

>implying that there's something wrong with that

>there isn't, btw

So Zazas took the moon, and is trying to smash Sonic with it......Ok, you've piqued my interest.

I absolutely love that despite SEGA officially releasing the Zeti's names, we're still calling them by their fan-names.

That's because they're easier to memorized. tongue.png I still don't remember their official names except they all start with the letter Z.

So Zazas took the moon, and is trying to smash Sonic with it......Ok, you've piqued my interest.

Still not too sold on the idea myself. This franchise has had a number of good boss ideas that have fumbled the ball numerously. what's to say history wont repeat itself again?

I absolutely love that despite SEGA officially releasing the Zeti's names, we're still calling them by their fan-names.

It's Pignite, Wotter, and Smugleaf all over again.

Edited by Inferno

Still not too sold on the idea myself. This franchise has had a number of good boss ideas that have fumbled the ball numerously. what's to say history wont repeat itself again?

Most bosses never tried to kill you with the moon.

On a serious note, I'm at least curious. Generations had some pretty good bosses despite their lack of context(Death Egg Robot, Perfect Chaos, Silver, etc.) so I'm curious to see how they'll take this new direction for bosses and how the others will function.

• Thumbs Up 2

All I hope is that the bosses aren't like the Generations rivals... I'm tired of running on an infinite corridor. Btw, I like how some bosses will come to bother you during the levels, it will be make the experience of kicking their asses much more enjoyable :) "YA THREW THAT MOON THING IN ME, HUM? YA LIKE THAT HOMING ATTACK NOW, BIATCH?!!!!"

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm hoping we get more dynamic bosses, if they're gonna be running-based. More of Silver from Gens (or the Unleashed running bosses), less of Metal, Shadow and Egg Dragoon from Gens, if you get me. Lots of tension, dynamic camera angles, difficulty curve, obstacles, you know how it goes.

• Thumbs Up 4

How? 

Any screenshot from Generations. SLW looks like everything is made of plastic and overall looks more like a Mario game with cute little lastic trees, cute little plastic grass, clouds etc... Yes, it's MUCH worse than Heroes glass models.

But we've had that argument before so I won't continue.

Edited by ArtFenix

Any screenshot from Generations. SLW looks like everything is made of plastic and overall looks more like a Mario game with cute little lastic trees, cute little plastic grass, clouds etc... Yes, it's MUCH worse than Heroes glass models.

But we've had that argument before so I won't continue.

And yet you're bringing it up again to support your claim that the graphics/artstyle of the game are factually "atrocious."

Edited by Yeow95
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember the last time we had a game that took place on a strange planet featuring stage design that was too colorful, surreal, geometrical and simplistically tiled to be a Sonic game. It was so awful, right?

53214-sonic-cd-sega-cd-screenshot-sonic-

And will you look at that: even then, we still got a game much more detailed and realistic afterward.

sonic-and-knuckles-and-sonic-3-02.png

I doubt the same won't happen here. Lost World is what looks to be a one-time-only thing, or at least something that's NOT gonna be how the series looks from now on. The game still looks gorgeous, though.

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 7

I've said it before and I'll it again- in defence of ArtFenix's arguments, Lost World takes a far simpler and 'cartoonier' graphical approach than any previous games in the series which have almost always construed realistic elements into a fantasy world. The goal has always been to cram in as much detail as possible.

And bearing all that in mind, I still think Lost World looks utterly delightful. I can't wrap my head around any argument claiming the game looks bad.

• Thumbs Up 6

I've said it before and I'll it again- in defence of ArtFenix's arguments, Lost World takes a far simpler and 'cartoonier' graphical approach than any previous games in the series which have almost always construed realistic elements into a fantasy world.

But Windy Hill is pretty much straight up original flavor GHZ. Its trees are no more plastic than GHZ's palms.
  • Thumbs Up 9

If you look closely at Windy Hill's grass, you'll see how detailed it is, with actual blades of grass. Actually, you don't have to look closely at all, and if you do, you may need glasses. Why people detest zany, stylistic art direction like this? Do they want every Sonic game from now on to look like Unleashed HD or Sonic '06 (sans humans... Eeeugh.)? Also, keep in mind that this is List Hex, a different planet, not Sonic's home planet or the Sonic universe's Earth. It's supposed to look alien.

I'm still not seeing the plastic really and I still don't really see what's so different besides the fact that the enemies look more cartoony.

The shapes, basically. Everything is like Super Mario 64 remastered.

I get more of a vinyl feel with the look of the stone and dirt parts of Windy Hill than plastic.