Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

Thank god I waited the time for the soundtrack. Another beauty in me digital collection. Thanks Ashram

*Seeing 1 - 4 hours for the download to complete*

...Shit

Edit: managed to add the file to my account and it has made a big difference for the download speed.

I feel like I've heard Sky Road - Bonus Stage before... does anyone know if it's based off anything? 

The general feel of it really reminds me of Starship Mario from Galaxy 2 but I think it is just one of those songs that sounds like something youve heard before.

Anyway, great soundtrack.  Was secretly hoping for more extended endings like Windy Hill Zone1 and I am extremely perplexed as to why they gave some of the tracks unique names and some not (especially in the cases where they still called them "Frozen Factory Zone1" when the trackname could have just been "Frozen Factory" but ah well.

Will never understand why so many games in a row Ohtani still doesn't deem his awesome final boss themes to be deserving of a proper ending rather than an anti-climactic fadeout.

Okay I really really want to support a prompt soundtrack release on iTunes but £24 is ridiculous considering there's no new music produced for it and thus did not have particularly large amounts of effort put into making a digital release.

Urg to buy or not to buy.

Welp, I added in the " ...for [level name]" from SA1/2 myself then put these on my iPhone...

Windy Hill 1 is officially my favourite opening level track in the series.

Past the 2:34 timestamp, it is heavenly. It really feels like there's a ray of light shining right in my eyes, it's wild, it's just... beautiful. I can't express it in words @w@

Can you help me out in terms of which tracks should get named what? Or can anyone help me out for that matter.

Edited by TripsS3

Can you help me out in terms of which tracks should get named what? Or anyone for that matter.

Careening Cavern is Windy Hill 3.

Honeycomb Highway is Desert Ruins 2.

Sugar Lane is Des(s)ert Ruins 3.

Juice Archipelago is Tropical Coast 2.

Sea Bottom Segue is Tropical Coast 3.

Snowball Waltz is Frozen Factory 2.

Double Down is Frozen Factory 3.

Tilt the Machine is Frozen Factory 3's pinball theme.

Midnight Owl is Silent Forest 2.

Owl Lights is Silent Forest 2's searchlight theme.

Island Relics is Silent Forest 4.

Dragon Dance is Sky Road 2.

Thundercloud Acropolis is Sky Road 4.

Hopefully that should help you.

EDIT: thanks to Jez for the corrections.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tilt the Machine is Frozen Factory 4.

Owl Lights is Silent Forest 3.

Just to add you got these two wrong.  FF4 and SF3 reuse music from earlier levels.

Tilt the Machine is the Pinball theme from Frozen Factory 3, and Owl Lights is the Searchlight theme from Silent Forest 2.

Of additional note:

Midnight Owl (bayou drums) is the fast-paced version of the song used in 3DS Silent Forest 3.

Hidden World - Cublicated is Hidden World 1, and Tornado Time is Hidden World 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

Volume 1 has been snapped up already, and next week I'll get Vol2. The week after I'll get Vol3.

Not that I don't want it all in one go, but this way is easier on my wallet.

Just finished putting this masterpiece on my iPod. Ya done good Ashram. Ya done real good.

As for supporting the official release? Soon, but will have to be a bit later.

tumblr_mwxn63h6Xs1smhzrco2_400.gif

Oh god, I'm so glad that I downloaded the OST... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtfEpyyWxI

Time to listen to this forever.

Anyone agree that this song is much better than Generations's lackluster final boss theme? The fight may have been piss-easy, but man, does that violin rock. In fact, my favorite instrument in LW's soundtrack is that violin. It wins all.
  • Thumbs Up 5

*link removed*

Anyone agree that this song is much better than Generations's lackluster final boss theme? The fight may have been piss-easy, but man, does that violin rock. In fact, my favorite instrument in LW's soundtrack is that violin. It wins all.

Best boss theme ever, for me, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yosgyl348Qc&feature=youtu.be

IT FITS PERFECTLY <3

The only thing missing is Sonic wearing 70s-era sunglasses!

Thanks for not giving me credit :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_Z4Etv_Ho

It's so beautiful! I love it.

It's a shame Lava Mountain Act 2 is filled with instant-kill death traps and stuff...

For those of you that don't want that lackluster Deadly Six Million album art cover:

ys4d.png

Y'all are welcome :3

(no really it was a 10 minute Photoshop job anyone can do it; I don't even need credit)

• Thumbs Up 8

Thanks for not giving me credit :V

You're the mastermind behind this?!

cheering-with-the-crowd.gif

All of my kudos. All of it.

I haven't listened to the whole thing but to be honest, not much has wowed me as much as I expected. It's not bad music, but I feel like I have to play the game first before really appreciating it.

But that's never been the case with previous Sonic games. I was stoked for Unleashed and Colors's soundtracks before I even tried the games for myself, and I loved every bit of them, as far as the level themes and boss music went. I'm actually pretty disappointed at how there seems to be very little Sonic-y music in this game, which in the past I could almost always count on loving regardless of my views toward a game. So I think this is the first time when I thought to myself that I should probably play the full game first before listening to this OST wholeheartedly.

There are of course a few select tracks I adore - Tropical Coast 3 is equal with Aquarium Park in pure beauty, and Sky Road 2 is great, although it doesn't hold a candle to Dragon Road due to its somewhat less memorable composition. Windy Hill is always good, especially for being an arrangement of sorts of the game's main theme. Frozen Factory 1 is too fucking cute. The swing-heavy themes are also cool, the excellent final boss theme reminds me of Disgaea, and altogether Wonder World is probably my favorite orchestral theme to come out of the series, mainly because it does more than try to be orchestra for the sake of orchestra and actually sounds like something I would expect to fit the series.

The only track I really hate is Lava Mountain. Generic-sounding evil castle bullshit; main Mario games hardly ever resorted to such uninspired blandness with their Bowser castle themes. The final level themes are always the songs I most look forward to when listening to a Sonic OST, but this turned out to be a major let-down. Eggmanland just beats the hell out of it, because unlike Lava Mountain it actually succeeds at sounding like a level full of death traps and peril.

I will also admit that I was a little biased against this soundtrack from the start for excluding two of my favorite mainstay Sonic composers. I'm going to assume now that Fumie Kumatani has completely retired from the series; she had been regulated to cutscene duty in Colors, and her absense in Generations shocked me. The fact that there's no sign of her in either Lost World or Mario & Sonic 4 made my heart sink. And where the fuck is Kenichi Tokoi? He did some of his most amazing work in Unleashed and Colors. I'm going to assume here that he was busy working on M&S4, but the fact that Ohtani and Eguchi have mostly taken the reigns for this game makes me worried about the musical direction for future games. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game was a solo effort by Ohtani.

• Thumbs Up 6

^^^

I can only hope and pray that Tokoi, Hataya and the rest of the ensemble are busy working away on Sonic '15. Ohtani is great, one of my favourite composers for the series (though I love all of them really), but handling this soundtrack almost entirely on his own? Not a good move.

I also have to question Ohtani's musical direction at all, I'm assuming that once again he's working as the music director for the game. Lost World's music just sounds way too different from past games' - I really wonder if that was a conscious decision on his part.