Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Hey.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47208810/lucina-landing_lag.webm

Do you see that landing lag?

Good, now tell me where it is, because I see none.

#Smash4MechanicsAlterations

Either

• Lucina (and maybe Marth) are one of those characters like Kirby who have minimal landing lag
  • Lucina's nair just has minimal landing lag
  • Alternations have been made

It's too soon to assume all landing lag is being fixed just cause we've seen one move from Lucina that has minimal landing lag.

The leaker probably gathered his information way back during the early planning phases of Smash 4. He saw what characters were planned for Smash and used that as his leak.

Sakurai obviously made alot of changes during the development phases. He probably said "I don't think Chrom should be playable, how about Lucina and Robin?" "Hey what if Rosalina was a character?" and removed/added characters in later drafts, which the leaker either didn't see coming or was unable to get the later drafts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shulk or even the Chrous men aren't in Smash 4 as playable characters because they got scrapped during development like Chrom most likely was.

The leaker probably gathered his information way back during the early planning phases of Smash 4. He saw what characters were planned for Smash and used that as his leak.

Sakurai obviously made alot of changes during the development phases. He probably said "I don't think Chrom should be playable, how about Lucina and Robin?" "Hey what if Rosalina was a character?" and removed/added characters in later drafts, which the leaker either didn't see coming or was unable to get the later drafts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shulk or even the Chrous men aren't in Smash 4 as playable characters because they got scrapped during development like Chrom most likely was.

The only thing I can think of is, however the hell he got it, it was very, VERY early, before the roster was finalized. And the roster was finalized before development actually began, so they probably spent like maybe a couple weeks deciding on a roster, and in that time, Chrom was in one of the earliest drafts, but cut before the roster was actually finalized. That's the only way I can see it at this point.

There is still a valid explanation for the guy getting Chrom wrong. Second-hand information that stated something like "main character from Fire Emblem Awakening," and he just immediately assumed Chrom.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly the "Fire Emblem main character" thing sounds pretty possible, this guy might not have direct contact with the dev team, he might just have taken part in meetings or seen things out the corner of his eye or something, we really don't know, but there are many ways that could explain him getting Chrom wrong that don't necessarily discredit his whole leak.

For example, while we're now less 100% certain that Chorus Men or Shulk will get in, not many of us will be that surprised anymore if they do. The Gematsu leak, for me and probably others, has reached a sort of nice neutral point, where "it could be right but it could also be wrong, and it's not the end-all roster list either".

I think, after all this, I'm going to be very happy with the roster. You know.. unless tons of the veterans are missing.

• Thumbs Up 1

What were the characters on that list anyways?

What were the characters on that list anyways?

Every character on the list has been confirmed except Chrom, Chorus Men and Shulk. The only deconfirmed one is Chrom.

Yet Another Veteran Art Comparison - Captain Falcon

Captainfalcon.pngmain.pngscreen-3.jpg

- The Falcon crest on his helmet has increased in size, particularly the falcon's wingspan.

- The cuffs on his gloves are longer.

- The white underside of his gloves has been changed to a streak of white, with the rest being the same yellow as on the topsides.

- The falcon logo on the gloves have lowered down to the wrists.

- The forearm guards no longer jet out at the elbow.

- The CF belt buckle is much shinier and sporting vibrant color.

- Falcon's gun is not in a traditional holster anymore, but instead in a strap holster. It's much more visible.

- The design on the boots don't pop out as much as they used to.

All in all, Falcon.

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing that bugs me about Lucina is that, because she's a clone, she kinda validates the people who are so dismissive of FE newcomers. Yes, she masquerades as Marth in her own game, but they could have done something unique here. I feel like this kind of practice devalues characters and even hurts their chances of returning. I think we're looking at another Roy situation, here. 

• Thumbs Up 3

The thing that bugs me about Lucina is that, because she's a clone, she kinda validates the people who are so dismissive of FE newcomers. Yes, she masquerades as Marth in her own game, but they could have done something unique here. I feel like this kind of practice devalues characters and even hurts their chances of returning. I think we're looking at another Roy situation, here.

Well Ganondorf was a clone and he came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where is he now though!?!??!!?!? EH???

In fact, Sakurai directly trolled Chrom fans in the video.

I disagree with this. I think he thought people would be genuinely excited to see Chrom make an appearance as he does with the "No, you'll get it today thing." Seriously I think people are projecting when they assert a developer would literally go out of their way to upset part of their fanbase. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ganondorf is the primary antagonist of the Zelda series.  He's an extremely important character.  As a character he has much higher standing within Nintendo than Doc, Young Link, Roy and Pichu in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Was gonna respond to this, but SilentDoom already summed it up.

One thing I'd like to add though- Ganondorf, despite not having a legitimate reason to be a clone, stayed one. I'd love for him to be different this time around, but when you design a character and make them play a certain way, expectations arise. I'm worried that people are gonna realize that Lucina doesn't offer much, and then when Smash 5 rolls around, detractors are gonna have all the ammo they want to say "she's a clone, therefore a waste of a slot." I really like Lucina (and Chrom :C) but not to the point where I'd want them in at any cost. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Ganondorf better return with less Cpt. Falcon copying and more of his sword he never used.

Because seriously, who even wants him to come back as a Falcon clone?

• Thumbs Up 6

where is he now though!?!??!!?!? EH???

I'm certain he'll be one of the last veteran's revealed.

And I'm calling it now. He'll only be buffed. He'll still be a falcon semi clone.

She really doesn't.

Fire Emblem isn't just swords swords swords. And even then the movepools on said sword characters are litterally non-existant. Variety only exists if the designer wills it, and considering how hard Captain Falcon's moveset is bullshitted, I don't think Sakurai has any problem doing that.

Another thing about Lucina.

Remember this pic?

5jr5.jpg

See how Marth's tipper mechanic is accentuated in the sword trail?

Now here's Lucina's Up Air.

7XTl8o7.png

She doesn't sport the tipper mechanic. So she's a clone of Marth, not an alt. after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't think of a single person who enjoys Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone, it's a serious injustice to him and the Zelda series as a whole. Ganondorf's moveset is the Smash franchise's longest running sin, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope Sakurai now gives him a moveset that does him justice.

If keeping old movesets for the sake of Ganondorf mains is so important, just give it to a character like Black Shadow or something.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't think of a single person who enjoys Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone, it's a serious injustice to him and the Zelda series as a whole. Ganondorf's moveset is the Smash franchise's longest running sin, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope Sakurai now gives him a moveset that does him justice.

If keeping old movesets for the sake of Ganondorf mains is so important, just give it to a character like Black Shadow or something.

I just don't see them creating a completely new moveset for a character.

If anything ganondorf, Toon link,and Lucina's custom specials will be different from the originals.

Do Ganondorf mains even exist? Seriously, he's horrible to play as.

Yes.  At least for Melee.  Brawl, probably still yes but very very few.

Also at the Lucina clone vs alt argument:

qphen9C.gif

If she was a clone they wouldn't share this animation because as I said before, even all the Melee clones had different idles from their originals (before you say anything Marth has this idle animation in Smash 4 too).  It would be a different animation and even if it wasn't completely different it would at least be fixed such that Lucina is actually resting her hand on her chest like she should be as opposed to it being slightly above it.  This is literally frame perfect to Marth's idle. 

She really doesn't.

Fire Emblem isn't just swords swords swords. And even then the movepools on said sword characters are litterally non-existant. Variety only exists if the designer wills it, and considering how hard Captain Falcon's moveset is bullshitted, I don't think Sakurai has any problem doing that.

By "validates them" I meant "it makes them feel validated." There is zero difference in their minds. 

Do Ganondorf mains even exist? Seriously, he's horrible to play as.

At least he's got his insanely annoying hitboxes going for him.

Ganondorf_Down_Aerial_Hitbox_Melee.gif

LOOK.