Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

949159260c05e06de69a2e97b1a61b24.png

Sakurai seems to want a new F-Zero game :P

Also, while Lucina doesn't have a "Newcomer slot" on the main page..

4add427658fc033544c976ca1a6edbdc.png

It says Newcomer on her actual page.

Jeez why is the website taking so long to load?!

All I want to do is look at the new character screenshots, dammit D:

screen-8.jpg

I see Sakurai is still the same as ever.

This fucker wasted no time

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no idea how you people are seeing these things because I can't even connect to the site right now

Sakurai seems to want a new F-Zero game tongue.png

Also, while Lucina doesn't have a "Newcomer slot" on the main page..

It says Newcomer on her actual page.

Sakurai is a man of mysterious ways. 

Jeez why is the website taking so long to load?!

All I want to do is look at the new character screenshots, dammit D:

Because everyone's ON IT!

Wow that was a shit reveal for me, I couldn't care less about Fire Emblem. Cool to see Falcon back, but I had no doubts for his return anyway.

Meh.

• Thumbs Up 2

LOL at Sakurai's weird LucinaxPalutena picture. XD I like how he wants a new F-Zero game just as much as many others do too! *sigh*

Oh, so now Lucina is a newcomer? Well, then that means we got four Fire Emblem reps; Marth, Ike, Lucina and Robin. Not bad, not bad.

I like Fire Emblem just fine and this is about as interesting as I can imagine more reps from that series being (and it's nifty that we're in uncharted territory again), but I'd still maybe rather have seen something from an unrepresented series. I think you know which one in particular; it starts with "A" and ends with "Intelligent Systems has worked on more than one franchise, seriously".

Still, uncharted territory means who even knows what might be next? I think in the long term this will be much more fun than if we'd just gotten Shulk or whatever. I do think I'll probably play as Robin and Lucina more than Marth and Ike, and definitely more than I ever would have as Chrom.

So, yeah, I'm completely ecstatic. It does appear Lucina is a direct clone of Marth, but still, that's ideal. That's how she played in the original game anyway. The trailer itself was really about Robin, but they showed off Lucina as well. I am so happy right now because I knew that Robin would be the far better pick than Chrom.

Now, people, PLEASE note, this doesn't mean the rest of the leak is false. However, the leak was EXTREMELY outdated. The leak was clearly accurate with some info, and it wouldn't surprise me if Chrom was at one time planned to be the Awakening rep, but Sakurai scrapped the idea. Mostlikely, we will get Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep, but this does prove the leak isn't fully accurate, and it undoubtedly hints at more playable characters later.

Poor Chrom, though, his last line... they just seriously hit hard against Chrom fans. Yeah, he's in the game, but he's only part of Robin's Final Smash.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I'm not doubting the leak.

I mean who the fuck legitimately thought Pac Man was going to be in?

The problem with the leak is they got Wii Fit Trainer and "Mii Fighter" right. The fact that Chrom isn't playable disconfirms the second half of the leak, but the first half is completely valid.

Wii Fit, Mega Man, etc. But yeah, I'm kinda confused now. 

So what's the deal with Lucina? I see she does have the mask thing. If she's her own character I guess that's good with me, but I hope she's not too clone-ish. 

*Raises hand*

Figured as much as soon as I discovered Namco were helping out with the game

screen-8.jpg

Although I've never played Fire Emblem, I'm happy that more female characters have been added and that Robin looks a little different to the usual FE representation in Smash. I also enjoyed Sakurai's little teasing with Chrom, lol. At first it looked like he wouldn't be in, then that he would, but wait he says no; oh wait again, he's a Final Smash... Those poor Chrom fans. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish that Robin had a customization option like the Mii Fighters.

I wanna play with my Robins...

So, yeah, I'm completely ecstatic. It does appear Lucina is a direct clone of Marth, but still, that's ideal. That's how she played in the original game anyway. The trailer itself was really about Robin, but they showed off Lucina as well. I am so happy right now because I knew that Robin would be the far better pick than Chrom.

Now, people, PLEASE note, this doesn't mean the rest of the leak is false. However, the leak was EXTREMELY outdated. The leak was clearly accurate with some info, and it wouldn't surprise me if Chrom was at one time planned to be the Awakening rep, but Sakurai scrapped the idea. Most likely, we will get Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep, but this does prove the leak isn't fully accurate, and it undoubtedly hints at more playable characters later.

Poor Chrom, though, his last line... they just seriously hit hard against Chrom fans. Yeah, he's in the game, but he's only part of Robin's Final Smash.

It's not likely. We just got direct proof going against the leaker's claim. It's merely possible now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Pac-Man being in isn't such a huge surprise, it's the correct guessing of Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighters and the potential correctness of Chorus Men that made me believe Gematsu leak so much. Still, it seems like whether the leak is real or not, it's still far from being the word of law, today proved to all of us that this game is still full of surprises.

ISAAC STILL HAS HOPE. LITERALLY NONE OF THE LEAKS MENTIONED ROBIN OR LUCINA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Captain Falcon looking awesome, as always! It's great to see him again, though I didn't doubt he wouldn't appear.

So what's the deal with Lucina? I see she does have the mask thing. If she's her own character I guess that's good with me, but I hope she's not too clone-ish.

She'll probably end up being quite clone-ish since she plays very much like Marth in her own game. I don't mind though since I like the character and her FS is unique compared to Marth's.

Sorry to rain you guys with pictures, but I'm just too excited :D

Chrom looks... kinda hilariously weird there. Robin though? Hot. damn.

screen-6.jpg

And this? Just made my day, Robin unceremoniously closes his eyes and gives Link the back while he's being eaten alive by a shark XD

Pure. Gold.

screen-10.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1