Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Wait what a Rayman trophy what pumpkin WHAT PUMPKIN WHAT?!

Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit, I'm starting to wonder if there will be trophies based on third party characters appearing on Nintendo consoles, like Rayman. I doubt this trophy means he's playable since that would spoil the reveal...so I still think it's gonna be Shulk. But if it turns out to be someone else, or ends up being Rayman oh boy.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's the Rabbids, I wouldn't mind that much. I haven't played much of them games but I thoroughly enjoyed Rabbids Go Home, so I'd be game.

OMG if Rayman got in that would SO SICK! Platforming mascots from Nintendo, Capcom, Sega, Namco (if you count the Pac-Man World trilogy), and Ubisoft all in the same game!

Rayman would be one of the last characters I'd expect to be a guest fighter, especially after Ubisoft's dumbass half-year multiplatform stunt they pulled Legends (though as previously noted, it was released in Japan as a Wii U exclusive as originally intended).

And as popular as the Rabbids are (indeed, the Rabbid series has much more Nintendo-exclusive games than Rayman), I doubt they'd get priority over their parent franchise it was spun-off from (which has actually sold more than the Rabbids series in the long run-the Rayman franchise has sold about 25 mil. while the Rabbids franchise has sold 14 mil. in comparison). At best, I can see them making it in as assist trophy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh God, almost half an hour left until the big reveal. Now I'm starting to think it might be Rayman after all...which would be great mind you!

Just remembered that leaked trailer with Ezio being used for NFC in Rayman Legends. What if they're bringing that back and reprogramming it for Smash Bros.? :P

Oh God, almost half an hour left until the big reveal. Now I'm starting to think it might be Rayman after all...which would be great mind you!

Anything's better than a Gematsu newcomer. But based on the way Sakurai stated the POTD this morning, I don't see it. He said that Ubisoft sent them a model for Rayman's trophy. If Rayman was playable, they'd already have a model. (Unless he meant that they sent Rayman's model for them to use for his playable character's animations...)

Holy shit Sakurai you beautiful man

THREE new Fire Emblem reps - Lucina, Robin (male and female), and Chrom!

Oh, and Captain Falcon!

• Thumbs Up 3

Chrom oh boy I can already hear a certain someone cursing at the top of their lungs.

Robin huh? Wasn't expecting this but it's still cool regardless. I bet those Roy fans are pissed though.

I think Chrom is an alt, because they didn't announce him as a separate character. So much for MonadoMonday.

EDIT: Holy shit, though, I was NOT expecting both Robin and Lucina to be announced. I honestly didn't think we'd get both. Robin was easily my top character for Fire Emblem. And they showed Captain Falcon, too... Damn...

All of my meh. I liked Awakening and it's the only FE game I've played. But reallly I couldn't care much less about any of todays reveals.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like Chrom is only present for Robin's final smash and Lucina is a Marth alt..

• Thumbs Up 2

I'M FUCKING CRYING.

OMG.

I'VE BEEN A ROBIN SUPPORTER FROM DAY FUCKING ONE. EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT. AND NOW THE DREAM IS REAL.

MOVE OVER SONIC.

I'VE GOT A NEW MAIN.

#ROBIN4LYFE.

Oh and I guess Lucina's good too.

Fuck Robin and Lucina the glorious Captain has finally been confirmed this is the best reveal

• Thumbs Up 1

So .. neat trailer, I don't have any idea who Robin is but he/she looks fun to play and Lucina got confirmed finally. Kinda wish we got more of Captain Falcon but I guess his changes are too minimal to focus a trailer on.

That was beautiful!!! Lucina as Marth Alt. Costume, Robin, Female Robin and Chrom!!! Love how Chrom was all "not my day" like : Good luck next time!! xD Then "Nope" I didn't get it though is Chrom really playable or is he assist / part of a FS ?

Oh well no Shulk just FE awesomeness. OH! And FREAKIN. CAPTAIN. FALCON!!!

So much Fire Emblem. So. Much. Fire Emblem.

And Falcon, Yush.

Well as someone who's never played a Fire Emblem game, I gotta say Cap Falcon was what got me most excited.

Cool that there's new characters n all but dammit I wanted my Shulk

Is anybody else having trouble connecting to the site

I think all the traffic is killing it

Seems like Chrom is only present for Robin's final smash and Lucina is a Marth alt..

I'll take it.

Seriosuly it could have just been shittyass Chrom by himself. I would have taken Lucina as a background aesthetic over Chrom as a playable character.