Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Please let this be a skin or a assist trophy, cause that would be a huge waste of a slot....(to think I was expecting mewtwo...)

Edited by Goofy
  • Thumbs Up 1

He still could just be a assist trophy. I could see that happening.(in fact, I remember me mentioning that somewhere in this thread.:P) Most likely a skin, but I wouldn't throw AT out yet.

He still could just be a assist trophy. I could see that happening.(in fact, I remember me mentioning that somewhere in this thread.tongue.png) Most likely a skin, but I wouldn't throw AT out yet.

An AT wouldn't make sense.  Why would you have what is essentially the same character as both a character and an AT?  Not to mention the male model is of the same level of detail as the female model (typically ATs are significantly less detailed in terms of model, texture and rig).  Not to mention both are in the exact same animation pose.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think they could differentiate mr fit if they tried.(make him a more power physical type) but as I already said, it's most likely a skin. What I'm curious about then is if they will swap out voices as well. I don't know about you but female grunts or winning taunts with a male body seems awkward....

Honestly, all I want right now is a character reveal of someone new.

After E3, all we got are characters that were already present in Brawl - I just can't get excited about characters I know almost everything about besides maybe a few tweaked attacks, it just makes me go "Eh, cool to have you back.", except maybe Sonic.

My hype for this game is almost non-existant anymore. There's no need for "An awesome thing every day" like the Smash Dojo was, but just give me anything. I'm just bored at this moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

Heh! I had a feeling the male WFT would be in the game somehow.

Now watch as a floodgate of R34 of the male WFT (with a good chunk of it "exercising" with the female WFT) will be released onto the masses...

Edited by Glad Tidings Gabriel

Now watch as a floodgate of R34 of the male WFT (with the female WFT) will be released onto the masses...

Dude, that existed the moment female WFT trainer was announced. 

So, skins seemingly confirmed? Nice. I hope they use them more than they did in Brawl, where it was kind of a wasted concept. 

Dude, that existed the moment female WFT trainer was announced. 

You kidding?  Villager is totally WFT's manwhore in all the fanart

for some horrible reason D8

• Thumbs Up 2

Would gladly take full-on re-skinned copy characters than like, actual slot-taking clone characters any day. I do hope there are more big difference costumes like this for other characters since it's a really nice touch. Honestly wished Toon Link was this sort of deal since he basically seems the same anyways with a different paint job and a few altered attributes, but oh whale I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

That guy on Miiverse has to be joking. Anyway, he's not an official character on the website, so it could be a skin.

Believable logic? In the game series where an Italian Plumber, an electric rodent, a woman in a robot suit and a talking fox with a laser blaster fight to the death on tiny platforms over molten lava, throwing blocks of ice and magic wands at each other?

Looking forward to whatever new skins get revealed. I'm personally hoping for Dr. Mario!

• Thumbs Up 3

If PlayStation All-Stars can have alternate costumes and/or skins for every single one of its playable characters then Smash Bros. has no excuse.

I wanted and fully expected this feature to be implemented into the game. If it's just for Wii Fit Trainer I'm calling laziness.

Edited by Chooch

Please let this be a skin or a assist trophy, cause that would be a huge waste of a slot....(to think I was expecting mewtwo...)

So is Toon Link, but look at what the reaction was for that.

So is Toon Link, but look at what the reaction was for that.

(Toon Link is better than Link, so obviously in the fashion choice of no duplicates, Link should go and ToonLink should stay.) "Or in the eyes of every non-believer they can both stay and we can all get along with getting an alternate skin(or not)for WFT..."

Edited by Chrononego

I think in this case, Character/Gender swaps like this will probably be reserved for "general" characters like WFT, Villager and the Pokemon. That way, it'll be a different character, yet the names will be the same.

Both the male and female versions are still technically a "Wii Fit Trainer" and a "Villager" . A Female Pikachu is still a Pikachu

Kind of like how when switching Ice Climber colors and Nana's in front instead of Popo, they're still the Ice Climbers even with the switch.

Otherwise, really, I hope they go all out with alts. Dr. Mario, Peach in her Sports wear, Mr. L, Toon Link in his pajamas, etc.

You kidding?  Villager is totally WFT's manwhore in all the fanart

for some horrible reason D8

Probably because they were revealed around the same time. Villager being painted as a murderous psychopath by the internet in reaction to his reveal I assume didn't help matters.

Besides, some have picked Megaman instead of Villager as WFT's "partner" in fanart anyway.

Edited by Glad Tidings Gabriel

well, if we do have true alternate costumes, what if megaman had a Breakman and Bass outfits?!

• Thumbs Up 1