Awoo.

IGN: A Tour of Sonic Lost World [Gameplay]

Carbo

Loving this so far, so many alternate paths, so many ways to tackle the level.

Btw, I also noticed that when it looks like the animals fall to their apparent demise, they disappear in a puff of smoke. laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm glad that the 3DS version is looking good. Now I'm glad that I've preorodred both games.

Not liking the idea of requiring a certain amount of animals to progress through a level. Hopefully they're easy enough to come by.

Can of Nothing: What's your opinion on the new tracks?

James Landino: not gonna lie, it sounded like falk wrote it

WE HAVE FOUND OUT THE COMPOSER OF LOST WORLD, GENTLEMEN. jkjkplzdontkillme

Wow, so many returning Badniks, glad to see some CD Badniks back again.

But dag yo, this game is mad impressive, that inlcudes the 3DS version too.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Oh, and the little touches please me so, such as the capsules, the Oil Ocean cannons, and especially what appears to be Collision Chaos' Anton Badnik. Never thought I'd see a CD Badnik again.

• Thumbs Up 7

For some reason, yep, it's funny that the Wind Hill music sounds a lot like something made by Falk or James from BTS and ATS. Really, really awesome music! The egypt one sounds cool and catchy as well.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh god. this could be the sonic game I have waited so long for. a hybrid of classic and modern...I'm totally sold.

I just noticed in the 3DS version of Wind Hill that Sonic appears to sweat if the parkour ability is used a lot. Maybe there's a limitation to how much it can be used?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's kind of nauseating to look at. Much like the first Mario Galaxy during various sections.

The Wisp powers look as lame and gimmicky as ever and the confirmation of the GamePad being mandatory for them in single player just makes things worse. I'm also not really sure if I like how unbelievably automated the homing attack looks either. It was actually less automated in the 3DS version.

Everything else looks amazing.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's kind of nauseating to look at. Much like the first Mario Galaxy during various sections.

The Wisp powers look as lame and gimmicky as ever and the confirmation of the GamePad being mandatory for them in single player just makes things worse. I'm also not really sure if I like how unbelievably automated the homing attack looks either. It was actually less automated in the 3DS version.

Everything else looks amazing.

I still don't see how Wisp being used for the gamepad is an IMMEDIATE bad idea, execution has gotta count something to :u

I don't like it... and I'll tell you why.

It's making me feel dizzy to watch. Now this might be because I'm watching the game as apposed to playing it, and this was mainly in the Windy Hill stage, when it switched to 'not candy mountain' it was fine.

Every time Sonic moved so that the camera or the platforms changed, it made me feel dizzy, this is not a good feeling. I don't want to feel sick when playing games.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait.

Why is a level set in treetops full of honeycombs called "Desert Ruins"?

• Thumbs Up 2

Dimps, why is the 3DS version linear, while the Wii U version has multiple routes? Both versions look pretty good, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like it... and I'll tell you why.

It's making me feel dizzy to watch. Now this might be because I'm watching the game as apposed to playing it, and this was mainly in the Windy Hill stage, when it switched to 'not candy mountain' it was fine.

Every time Sonic moved so that the camera or the platforms changed, it made me feel dizzy, this is not a good feeling. I don't want to feel sick when playing games.

I too am a little concerned that the game will induce disorientation and make me feel nauseous. Sonic Adventure did this to me when I first played it and it took a while to "acclimatize" to the game before the sick feeling disappeared. I hope this game isn't a repeat of that because it looks so awesome.

Geez, Sonic can turn on a dime in this one. Even at speed the dude hugs corners so hard. Thats kinda jarring, as are all the transition auto-animations I see in both the WiiU and 3DS version, but aside from that everything else looks great. it looks like they are bringing several different approaches to each level (something Colors did a little bit) and making the most of Sonic's new found ability to platform.

And look Dimps is back.

It is a fairly busy game, but with Sonic being essentially a centered object I felt I got used to the footage itself fairly quickly. Funnily enough, the 3DS Egyptian level felt more disorienting from how much was happening, and how quickly it was happening, in such a tiny space. I felt my eyes kept darting.

• Thumbs Up 1

The presence of the wisps is jarring as all fuck, but other than that, this looks fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Wisp I've taken to calling the Indigo/Saturn Wisp looks intriguingly akin to the Purple and Violet Wisps of Colours in that it's power appears to be gravity-based but is different in that it doesn't have the 'eating' aspect of the Purple and Violet ones and the 'Indigo' Wisp doesn't look Nega-esque i.e It isn't eyeless and doesn't have a jagged black mouth.

Very interesting, wonder if there's any more new Wisps.

Sega Saturn Wisp was badass.   The world needs more Sega Saturn Wisps.
I was sooooo waiting for Sega Saturn Wisp to pay off. Like... I don't even care for them, but when I saw him, I was like, "Hey, this is kinda cool.... It's a Katamari Twister! Can I throw that shit? Please let me throw that shit as an attack at the giant caterkiller, pleeeeaaaase." And then nothing happened and I went "Oh."
  • Thumbs Up 2

This game has so many classic elements, I think it surpasses Generations. Did anyone also catch the rotating log with spikes (the one from Sonic 1's Green Hill)? That made me so smile so hard.

Also the timer counting down in seconds rather than minutes is pretty similar to a NSMB game.

Sega Saturn Wisp was badass.

The world needs more Sega Saturn Wisps.

It looks like a retooled Frenzy mixed with Hover. Boring, boring boring.

• Thumbs Up 2