Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Previews

Carbo

I'm not too bothered by only Sonic being playable, if they get his gameplay right in this game Tails and Knuckles will follow in due time.

• Thumbs Up 4

You hold a trigger to run in Rayman Origins; it's never been a problem for me.

I knew that was gonna be brought up, but this is Sonic and running is well.. really important, and I don't want my finger to get tired! I'd like if the trigger turned running on and off maybe, but in Rayman some levels where you have to run nonstop can get tiring. If the whole game is like that for Lost World, it might get tiring.

I just hope it's a comfortable experience more than anything.

I wasn't holding my breath for additional playable characters so this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Control scheme sounds interesting. I really hope both games more or less feel the same in terms of control and design; I think Super Mario 3D Land really set the standard for 3D platforming, especially for the handheld format, so it'd be wonderful to see the 3DS version live up to that.

Son of a bitch, that made me hyped. I am more glad than ever that Nintendo is doing that partnership with Best Buy to play E3 game demos outside E3.

What's with the recent trend of Sonic Only. No other Characters. Green Hill Zone.?  I am getting tired of playing as Sonic, it doesn't even need to be Knuckles or Tails, we have plenty of competent characters who can do the same stuff as Sonic such as Blaze, Shadow, Espio, and Amy. They could play like sonic but with minor physics tweaks or action changes.

Edited by Dom
  • Thumbs Up 1

So.

Sonic has a run button like Rayman Origins/Legends.

Run button allows for little parkour things ala Assassin's Creed.

Another button to allow Sonic to roll around with physics and stuff maybe?

Wisps are back in action.

3DS version doesn't look terrible.

Fucking food level.

Bigger levels with more stuff and whatnot.

This is the best thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 9

I hope that when they say Sonic walks, he doesn't actually walk, and he can actually get up to a decent pace without the aid of the run or roll buttons.

• Thumbs Up 4

Son of a bitch, that made me hyped. I am more glad than ever that Nintendo is doing that partnership with Best Buy to play E3 game demos outside E3.

Wait........does that mean I could possibly play this game and give my impressions while E3 is going on?

I liked both posts because we all had been thinking the same thing.

This, this is the Sonic game I've been playing in my head for years. It's almost uncanny how similar this is.

Edited by XD375

Literally just copying this from a status:

Personally, I don't like the idea of stages suspended in mid-air or in empty space. I've always associated Sonic as being a part of some kind of cohesive world. A landscape in which a level has been designed (or a level which is more organically woven into the surrounding environment), rather than a level which has been suspended over a landscape. Its the exact same problem I had with Sonic Heroes.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 3

I hope that when they say Sonic walks, he doesn't actually walk, and he can actually get up to a decent pace without the aid of the run or roll buttons.

I'm hoping for the kind of speed Mario or Silver goes.

Literally just copying this from a status:

This is literally the only real problem I have with this game currently, I was hoping for some parkour and stuff only with a more open field kind of thing like what Generations almost went for in a few areas.

• Thumbs Up 3

That’s also where the Parkour system comes into play. “In previous 3D Sonic games, even if you're running through a level at top speed, if you hit an obstacle you stop instantly,” Iizuka explained. “To avoid this, we added a new action to keep Sonic running, even when you hit an obstacle.

Well, looks like all the months of ranting on internet forums has finally paid off!

• Thumbs Up 2

... but in Rayman some levels where you have to run nonstop can get tiring.

I guess it's a personal thing, I've never had a problem with my finger getting tired in Rayman.

Sounds like sonic team is still taking it safe (character wise), but oh well this game sounds fun already. I think i read a rumor somewhere about it being playable at E3. I hope that there will be a decent hands on player.

Okay... thats a new idea.

......OR IS IT?!

animals.JPG

animals-embrace-small.png

tumblr_m8zj315x321rzt4zmo1_400.jpg

actually yes it is. iirc all you did with the little animals in the adventure games was more or less rescue them from robots only so you could feed them to your chao, who proceed to drain their souls and leave their zombie-like corpes to roam until you left the garden

Edited by Gabe

So...

Not holding any trigger = Adventure speed

Holding one trigger = Unleashed/Colors/Generations speed(without boosting)

Holding both triggers = Classic speed(rolling momentum)

Well.

Paint me blue and give me some red sneakers, because, OH YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENING.

I guess it's a personal thing, I've never had a problem with my finger getting tired in Rayman.

I suppose I'm just a little skeptical on how it'll feel in a series that is so focused on going really fast, I don't want going fast to ever feel like a chore. I don't mind it in Rayman, but Sonic is usually more of a relaxing platformer to play.

Anyway there's no point me complainin when I haven't tried it myself, I'll give them credit where it's due because it sounds like they put a ridiculous amount of thought and care into making this work for once.

• Thumbs Up 1

This gameplay sounds amazing. Holding a button to gain speed? Sonic Team must have been snooping around our forums, cause this is sounding amazing! Even Dio is freaking impressed. Taking elements from all the games since SA huh? I'm very interested on this approach. Hopefully this means it won't feel that alien to us. God, more and more I'm becoming so excited for this! Stil disappointed about Sonic only, but this is sounding to good to make a fuss about!

So...

Not holding any trigger = Adventure speed

Holding one trigger = Unleashed/Colors/Generations speed(without boosting)

Holding both triggers = Classic speed(rolling momentum)

Well.

Paint me blue and give me some red sneakers, because, OH YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENING.

That is assuming that what you wrote there is what is actually going to happen.

I want to be able to get upto a fairly brisk pace, at least SA1 fast or Heroes (speed) fast, without the use of the run button. The the Run button allowing you to get faster still and the roll button activating physics.

So.

Sonic has a run button like Rayman Origins/Legends.

Run button allows for little parkour things ala Assassin's Creed.

Another button to allow Sonic to roll around with physics and stuff maybe?

Wisps are back in action.

3DS version doesn't look terrible.

Fucking food level.

Bigger levels with more stuff and whatnot.

This is the best thing ever.

Thanks for the sum up. Great indeed

Hold up, how do we know we're getting classic physics anyway? Ball form doesn't indicate classic physics and this may not even be a game designed around them, this may just be similar to the boost but downplaye, only for certain sections and levels heavier on this sort of thing as indicated in the article.