Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Well, Hover is a lot slower than Eagle, and probably works a lot better in 2D. It also has the lightdash ability, so it's not quite as useless as it seems when paired up with Eagle.

• Thumbs Up 1

PAUSEEEE, the Green Hover is back wtf? Well if it makes it on the 3DS version that's gonna be pretty epic, especially since the Wii U Version has the Crimson Eagle Wisp & is pretty much Hover 2.0 but I still like the Hover regardless. I wonder if the Hover is like, a 3DS Pre Order bonus wisp of something, sorta like Black Bomb =D!

EDIT: Aww well... maybe the Green Hover wont make it on the 3DS version, since in the start of the video they show us all the wisps for the Wii U version =/

Jeez I hope the 3DS version gets Hover..

Wii U version has: Indigo Astroid, Orange Rocket, Yellow Drill, Crimson Eagle, Magenta Rhythm, Cyan Laser & Green Hover & Black Bomb DLC.

3DS version has: Indigo Astroid, Yellow Drill, Grey Quake, Ivory Lightning, Cyan Laser, & Red Burst. Hopefully we get Green Hover or Black Bomb DLC somewhere cause the 3DS version should have DLC too, its like the 1st handheld Sonic game to pull of 3D stages, that means the 3DS version should get some DLC to!

Edited by Zazz

Well, considering that Green Hover was Wii-exclusive in Colors, I don't think Hover will appear in the 3DS version; it'll probably just be another Wii U-exclusive color power.

Well, considering that Green Hover was Wii-exclusive in Colors, I don't think Hover will appear in the 3DS version; it'll probably just be another Wii U-exclusive color power.

If we're doing version exclusives then..

I hope the Violet Void returns, its not the same as Astroid like most people say though. You can float around for long periods of time, suck in far off objects, eat large & deadly obstacles(I guess that goes for Indigo Astroid to but its not exactly the same).

colours_void2.png

Indigo_Asteroid_Concept_Art.jpg

Edited by Zazz

PAUSEEEE, the Green Hover is back wtf? Well if it makes it on the 3DS version that's gonna be pretty epic, especially since the Wii U Version has the Crimson Eagle Wisp & is pretty much Hover 2.0 but I still like the Hover regardless. I wonder if the Hover is like, a 3DS Pre Order bonus wisp of something, sorta like Black Bomb =D!

EDIT: Aww well... maybe the Green Hover wont make it on the 3DS version, since in the start of the video they show us all the wisps for the Wii U version =/

Jeez I hope the 3DS version gets Hover..

Wii U version has: Indigo Astroid, Orange Rocket, Yellow Drill, Crimson Eagle, Magenta Rhythm, Cyan Laser & Green Hover & Black Bomb DLC.

3DS version has: Indigo Astroid, Yellow Drill, Grey Quake, Ivory Lightning, Cyan Laser, & Red Burst. Hopefully we get Green Hover or Black Bomb DLC somewhere cause the 3DS version should have DLC too, its like the 1st handheld Sonic game to pull of 3D stages, that means the 3DS version should get some DLC to!

Eagle is Hover with BLAST PROCESSING!

And it would be a shame if Hover doesn't makes it to the 3DS version. But who needs Hover when we have A LIGHTING?! Lol.

I hope the Violet Void returns, its not the same as Astroid like most people say though. 

Actually, the Indigo Asteroid has many similarities with the Violet Void. They can do basically the same things, but in different ways. They both eliminate obstacles and enemies, can "float", and have a similar color.

Edited by Dan a hed
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn, i'm surprise that they are putting so much in the multi player for the 3DS version

Multiplayer is way too epic, its better than the Wii U versions multiplayer for sure. The 3DS version is no slouch anyway, its almost better than the Wii U version dare I say..

Today we learned that the 3DS version has the same fully animated cutscenes like the Wii U but a little more pixelated, found out that there is 8 worlds instead of 7, I dont think this one is true but: Has 3 Zones & 1 Boss. I dont think thats right at all.. I mean ik its a review copy of the game & all but theres so much confirmation about 6 acts & bonus stages unlocked by Red Star Rings.. Meh I guess we'll see when Europe gets this shit on the 18th of October =P

Edited by Zazz

Multiplayer is way too epic, its better than the Wii U versions multiplayer for sure. The 3DS version is no slouch anyway, its almost better than the Wii U version dare I say..

In terms of difficulty, puzzles, new color powers, parkour, controls, most likely special stages, and maybe exploration, yes. But when it comes to graphics, open levels, number of wisps, and technology, I don't think so.

And remember we haven't seen the full game yet, so let's say both versions are shaping up pretty nicely.

Edited by Dan a hed
  • Thumbs Up 1

In terms of difficulty, puzzles, new color powers, parkour, controls, most likely special stages, and maybe exploration, yes. But when it comes to graphics, open levels, number of wisps, and technology, I don't think so.

Wisps: Theres 7 for the Wii U Version( 8 if you count Black Bomb even though its DLC). The 3DS version has 6 Wisps( I might consider counting Green Hover or Violet Void bringing the total up to 7)

Graphics: Meh the graphics are alright, i've played the game up close & they looks pretty damn epic to me, Im not gonna lie they could have done better though. And you can judge the graphics when you play the game up close yourself so meh.

Open levels: We've only seen pretty much the demo levels & bits & pieces of levels from screenshots so we cant determine all the rest of the levels & their openess yet. I've heard people with review copy's of the game on different articles that the stages were pretty open, they just had more platforming & jumping around from area to area.

Technology: I think they worked around that very well, its the 1st handheld Sonic title to manage fully 3D zones that look pretty damn good & are about as comparable to the Wii U version's zones. As far as frames, the game runs smooth, theres not even lag in the game, except for a little bit. As far as cutscenes, a couple pages back they said the cutscenes for the 3DS version are about the same as the Wii U version's cutscenes, they just have lower quality & are a bit pixelated.

Controls: Really good, a couple people just over exagerated, saying the controls in this game are about as slippery as Sonic Heroes is a extreme insult, they work great you just have to get used to them & figure out which way to control is better for you. If you have bigger hands a 3DS XL is recommended though.

Exploration: We havent seen the full game, another big point in this. In the stages & screenshots i've seen so far for 3D stages, they give us multiple paths here & there & a couple pages back they said the replayablity in the 3DS version is great so I aint got no worries.

Just sayin, Ik its not the full game but this is the month it comes out. Everything is gonna fall together in about 2-3 weeks when it gets leaked like crazy by European player's who get the game on the 18th.

Edited by Zazz

From what we've seen so far

Wisps ( In power): 3DS>Wii U

Wisps (in number): 3DS<Wii U

Graphics: 3DS<Wii U

Open levels (according to Sonic Paradise): 3DS<Wii U

Technology: 3DS<Wii U

Controls: 3DS>Wii U

Exploration: 3DS>Wii U

Edited by Dan a hed

Sonic Paradise never went on that much about the open levels, they just said it contains a couple more puzzles & more fun platforming than the Wii U & its flashy auto segment screen sections

Meh I guess I agree with some of the Technology compared to the Wii U

Graphics up close are great, played it mah self. They arent better than the Wii U versions graphics by like 4 points out of 10 so meh =/

The Wisp Number is pointless really so we're not gonna count that anymore.. besides im sure Sega's gonna make it even .-.

What!? Are you serious?

What!? Are you serious?

Lol nah, we just gotta wait & see till the game comes out then we'll judge the game for everything, no more judging stuff till the game comes out guys =/

What!? Are you serious?

According to Nintendo World Report, the 3DS version controls are really responsive and feel natural. The Wii U version feeled somewhat loose, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adln7A3lu3ohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adln7A3lu3o

A few new screenshots, and good news! RC gadgets can be used in the 3DS version, too!

Perfect. I thought it would have been weird to build RC gadgets and not be able to use them in the same version. And interesting that Hover was included for the Wii U. here it to having another colors DS wisp be in the 3DS version

• Thumbs Up 1

If we're doing version exclusives then..

I hope the Violet Void returns, its not the same as Astroid like most people say though. You can float around for long periods of time, suck in far off objects, eat large & deadly obstacles(I guess that goes for Indigo Astroid to but its not exactly the same).

colours_void2.png

Indigo_Asteroid_Concept_Art.jpg

Actually, it seems Lost World is following a similar principle as Colors; the console version has 2 more Color Powers than the handheld version, since Colors Wii had 7 Color Powers, while the DS version had only 5, with 3 of them (Laser, Drill and Rocket) shared between both versions. So Lost World Wii U has 8 (1 obtained from Miiverse), while 3DS has 6, with 3 of them (Laser, Drill and Asteroid) shared. So I wouldn't expect more Color Powers for either version at this point.

Edited by Dark Tomoki

Well with new confirmation that (Im not sure its the final version, just big enough to be review) theres like 3 Zones & 1 Boss, I've been surfing the web & im trying to find out anything else so far cause I swear they promised us 6 zones. Like in the Wii U version, theres only 4 zones on the map, maybe for the 3DS its like 3 zones on the map & 3 are unlockable? Idk

(1 being DLC)

Uh...

I'm pretty sure you can get them from the Miiverse connectivity.

Uh...

I'm pretty sure you can get them from the Miiverse connectivity.

I don't know what Miiverse is, honestly. I don't own a Wii U. /Is Ignorant

Anyway, I updated my post.

My point still stands; I doubt we're getting any more Color Powers for either version at this point.

Edited by Dark Tomoki

Miiverse is pretty much twitter.

So... just social networking with Miis or something like that? Thanks.

Well with new confirmation that (Im not sure its the final version, just big enough to be review) theres like 3 Zones & 1 Boss, I've been surfing the web & im trying to find out anything else so far cause I swear they promised us 6 zones. Like in the Wii U version, theres only 4 zones on the map, maybe for the 3DS its like 3 zones on the map & 3 are unlockable? Idk

I'm not really sure if I like this. I fear it'll make the game really short to beat. 

I'm not really sure if I like this. I fear it'll make the game really short to beat. 

Not shorter than Generations 3DS.

Not shorter than Generations 3DS.

To Generations 3DS's defense, there were 100 mission that could be done. Now, the method of unlocking was bullshit though. Why can't I play all of these mission from the get go?