Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

These new designs look...........iffy. Not sure what to think. I suppose I'll be able to make a more full opinion when we see them in non-silhouette form  Hope they don't drag the game's review scores down.

I mean why make these fuckers look EXACTLY like Monsters Inc?! Sonic always had something unique and different in design. Now they've been shamelessly copying pixarysh creatures. Why not come up with something really unique and fucking FRESH?! The series needs some fresh things and this stuff sure is not such.

Edited by ArtFenix

I think ArtFenix meant face and body structure, you know, most Sonic characters having eyes like this for example. Definitely doesn't looks like this characters where designed by Oshima, but let's wait and see, don't start the shitstorm already please...

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 3

Iblis monsters look more like Chaos in terms of design. Unleashed are not exactly OK, but look more like twisted badniks. These look like your typical pixar conveyor movie characters.

I've been seeing a lot of hate for stuff in Sonic games looking like Pixar stuff, and I really don't understand it. To me it's the only style they've ever used that Modern Sonic fits in with. Also, none of the things people have been complaining about looking like Pixar animator's handywork really look like Pixar stuff to me. These guys are too stylized; their shapes are too abstract and their proportions are too distorted. But it's really hard to tell based on silhouettes, there's really nothing to be said about these guys until we see them in the flesh.

Speaking of which, I'm really not too interested in anything that's been revealed so far. I'm super pumped about SOMETHING being in the works, but I don't care about the setting and I'm hesitant at best to accept a whole whack of new characters. What I want to know is how much attention is being paid to the story, is it a good story, and is the gameplay going to be any different this time around or are we still playing it safe?

Not that I'd expect them to release any info like that so early on, just saying there's really nothing to get worked up about so far.

Edited by MisterMacanulty
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now go ahead an put Sonic next to one of these monsters and tells me which one blends with Sonic more.

IMO Unleashed monsters had some weird arabic design that doesn't blend with Sonic. But these "guardians" blend with Sonic even less. They look more like a chars from some indie platformer or tower defence game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, as long as the Guardians don't look anything like these monstrosities;

180px-BlackArmsTrooper.jpg

140px-BlackArmsBlackHawk.jpg

180px-BlackArmsGiant.jpg

...I'll be happy with what we get!

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean why make these fuckers look EXACTLY like Monsters Inc?! Sonic always had something unique and different in design. Now they've been shamelessly copying pixarysh creatures. Why not come up with something really unique and fucking FRESH?! The series needs some fresh things and this stuff sure is not such.

Not unique and fresh? So what would you rather have?

I honestly don't see a problem with these designs. I think you're overreacting, dude.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

It's like you have come to us from a parallel universe where Dreamcast didn't failed, and you haven't been around for last 5 years.

Not to mention the fact that we have so many Modern Sonic-proportioned characters that every time a new one shows up I can't help but get a fan character-vibe from them, mainly because that body type seems to be the only one that fan character-makers like to or can create. Can we get more characters that look like Eggman, Big, or Vector, instead of sonictailsknucklesamyshadowsilverblazetikalrougeectectect?

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean why make these fuckers look EXACTLY like Monsters Inc?!

I know, right? The decision of imitating a film that's entirely made of sillhouettes that don't actually allow us to see the designs boggle the mind.

... hold on a second

• Thumbs Up 1

Define Unique and different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not unique and fresh? So what would you rather have?

Make those guardians to NOT look like they all have serious lifetime diseases would be a good start. Now they just look ugly and inattractive.

Edited by crystallize

Seventh guardian confirmed:

*snip*

Barry, you're a cruel person. =(

• Thumbs Up 4

In this size, we can conduct the analysis.

Seeing the light form of the characters, etc.

HN2PBT1.jpg

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 4

unleashed monsters are back? just as long as the battle music from sonic unleashed does not play.

Make those guardians to NOT look like they all have serious lifetime disease would be a good start.

What? Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "lifetime disease". (I get it now.)

Seriously though, I think these designs are okay. So what if they have a pixar-esque quality, they fit well with Sonic.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

HN2PBT1.jpg

If the one at the top is not a female I seriously fear for the future of the sonic franchise XD

Edited by AceZX02

I was pondering that maybe the green haired one ISN'T a girl, but then I looked at her thighs with attention (shut up I was looking at every bit of backlight on everyone's sillhouettes) and noticed zettai ryouiki.

It's a girl.

HN2PBT1.jpg

Am I the only one getting Skylanders vibes from these?

What? Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "lifetime disease".

Some of them are too skinny, others look too fat. And not just fat like Big or Storm, but exaggeratedly fat. This "girl" got hydrocephalous head.