Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Ok, compared to Yoshi's island this looks to be a HUGE improvement! Diggin' Sonic in the green tunic. XP

Can't wait to see the next commercial for this! It's going to be trippy as hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

That dungeon looked really bland and claustrophobic. Didn't see any interesting platformimg going on, nor did it seem to have a decent sense of speed. Looked dull.

The open area looked pretty barren. As if they took Hyrule from Twilight Princess, tossed some springs in, and called it a day.

Eh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I need a high quality version of the artwork of Sonic in Link's outfit and I need it NOW!

Seriously, this looks good. Way too good. Will give me a reason to dig out Lost World again, at any rate!

EDIT: Here's a not-quite-high-quality but clear version, in the meantime...

1982186_608485962561641_985554601_n.jpg

IS THIS REAL LIFE??!?!??!?!

I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT IM LOOKING AT!

SOMEONE FUCKING HOLD ME CLOSE

• Thumbs Up 5

Take this amount of open world space, add more platforming and make the parkour better, and you just got the perfect 3D Sonic formula.

• Thumbs Up 4

An open world Sonic level and I can't play it. I'm gonna have to flip a whole warehouse's worth of tables.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now if only this had been an entire game.

That lava section could be a sign of this venture going to multiple Hyrule locations and obstacles throughout the land!

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'm still not buying Lost World (ever), but I can't wait to watch a playthrough of the DLC on Youtube. The Zelda stage looks really cool, and the Yoshi's Island stage looks better than the actual most recent Yoshi game that Nintendo put out. Jova put it pretty nicely, IMO: 

Now if only this had been an entire game. 

my-heart-it-hurts.jpg

Seeing as that wasnt the mission statement of SLW, I can't get to mad about how its not a completely different game from what everyone apparently wanted it to be, im just happy were getting a cool experiment with this DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks incredible to me! Hopefully the level is as huge as the trailer makes it out to be. I'd hate for it to be one act that's over really quickly...

Ah I gotta wait 'til tomorrow? Dammit...

I haven't watched Aaron Webber's walkthrough because I don't want to spoil myself the stage until tomorrow, but... the video is 5 minutes long, so that means it's a long act perhaps (if you keep exploring)?

IS THIS REAL LIFE??!?!??!?!

I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT IM LOOKING AT!

SOMEONE FUCKING HOLD ME CLOSE

BjqhuO9IMAA6F4D.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Now that I think about it, why the hell didn't Nintendo and SEGA use this exclusivity deal to make full-out Sonic/Nintendo character crossovers!?

Think about it.

Unlike Lost World, an actual legit crossover would have strengthened interest in the game at least double-fold! Instead of imitating a Nintendo franchise, literally give the fans crossovers they'd throw money at! And proceed to NOT make it a cop-out party game.

Imagine:

Sonic/Mario

Sonic/Link

Sonic/Kirby

Sonic/Samus

Sonic/Star Fox

Sonic/Donkey Kong

Hell maybe even, Sonic/Pokemon!

This is the sort of thing you should use an exclusivity deal for! A period of time where SEGA will only release Nintendo exclusives that also help bolster your line-up with such awesome crossovers! And with this tact, you'd stand a greater chance in swaying people already partial to Nintendo, but not the Wii U yet too!

Sigh, what a missed opportunity.

Now that I think about it, why the hell didn't Nintendo and SEGA use this exclusivity deal to make full-out Sonic/Nintendo character crossovers!?

Think about it.

Unlike Lost World, an actual legit crossover would have strengthened interest in the game at least double-fold! Instead of imitating a Nintendo franchise, literally give the fans crossovers they'd throw money at!

Imagine:

Sonic/Mario

Sonic/Link

Sonic/Kirby

Sonic/Samus

Sonic/Star Fox

Sonic/Donkey Kong

Hell maybe even, Sonic/Pokemon!

This is the sort of thing you should use an exclusivity deal for! A period of time where SEGA will only release Nintendo exclusives that also help bolster your line-up with such awesome crossovers! And with this tact, you'd stand a greater chance in swaying people already partial to Nintendo, but not the Wii U yet too!

Sigh, what a missed opportunity.

Thats a good point actually, this would've been the perfect time to do that sonic x mario crossover that everyones been dying for so why didn't they do anything with that.

Think about it.

Unlike Lost World, an actual legit crossover would have strengthened interest in the game at least double-fold! Instead of imitating a Nintendo franchise, literally give the fans crossovers they'd throw money at!

Would've been far better off over securing another uninspired Mario & Sonic Olympic cash-in. 

It's an impressive amount of effort for a free DLC level, and it's definitely neat to see how they've merged the two series...but it doesn't actually look like much fun. :/

It's a moderately open area with only a handful of things to do/find, and then an inner-tube area that's basically the same as the ones in the main game.

I suppose this takes place in the fourth timeline where Big defeats Ganon with the help of the Loftwings.

I already deleted LW and really don't feel like moving stuff around on the hardrive just to play this. Oh well.

HOLY FAWKING SHIT WHY COULDN'T THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME'S LEVEL DESIGN LOOK LIKE THIS!??!?!?!

(At least the outside hyrule field).

Because the Hyrule field contains little to no actual platforming

• Thumbs Up 1