Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I still see these 'bad' Sonic games on the shelves and they're still selling them on Amazon. :| Also they're giving the metacritic site way too much power for doing this and it shows that they care too much about what critics thinks.

Anyway, it's nice that SEGA have faith in the Wii U even though I highly doubt that Lost World will save the Wii U. But then again Nintendo isn't really Sonic's problem.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's good to see that Sega have confidence in Sonic. 

Lost World obviously won't revive the Wii U alone but it will play a significant role in doing so.

I don't see it necessarily "reviving" the Wii U, but I have faith this game will perform well and I'm glad Sega has faith as well.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that, if the fortunes of the Wii U do turn around at the end of this year, that Sonic would have "helped" in that regard. I don't think anyone, including Sega, is expecting Sonic to carry it all by himself.

Also, on the whole polarizing thing. Sonic is still very popular with the more mainstream audience, especially children. As polarizing as it may be to us, Lost World will still hold some appeal to them.

Yes it will boost Wii U sales, but revive it? LOLNO. Sonic is not that big nowadays mate, sorry.

MK8/3DWorld will have to do the work.

That's a pretty ballsy statement and Im afraid they're putting their foot in their mouth.

The game is already pretty divisive as it is.

with games like Sonic Lost World, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Mario 3d World and Mario Kart I bet WiiU will get a lot better. 

Btw I'm only buying the first 2, and Smash only if Sonic's in it :P

You got that right bro! Man I really can't wait to get my hands on this and see if what people are saying about the controls is true. For people that have played it, would you say it controls more like a polished Adventure 1, or is Sonic as fidgety as he was in 06?

Just bumping this quote since nobody answered poor ol' Pharaoh.

5ezwir.jpg

Yes it will boost Wii U sales, but revive it? LOLNO. Sonic is not that big nowadays mate, sorry.
It's not, but why can't it be again? If SLW is a really great game and gets big critical acclaim then why couldn't it turn out to be a major system seller? Not saying its likely, just saying that its wrong to say that it can't be simply because the franchise faltered in the past.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Well, it's a little hard for me to believe Sonic will save the Wii U, but I'll have my fingers crossed. If the game oes remarkably well, then I'll have no issue in believing that it can definitely help the Wii U progress as a console.

I don't remember ever seeing this picture of Silent Forest, is it new?

SLW_Hang_Tight%21.jpg

so Sonic can climb the vines freaking sweet!!! :D

SLW_Hang_Tight%21.jpg

Oh, what's this? Vine-climbing? In my Sonic game?

... Eh, why not.

• Thumbs Up 5

They think that it might be their best Sonic game yet? Good, they never said that for Unleashed, Colours or Generations so it's good that they have faith in the game.

Revive the Wii U however?

lolno.jpg

It won't just be this game that revives the Wii U, it'll be the combination of games coming out for it in 2013 and 2014+Nintendo's advertising that revives it. But it's nice to see a developer who actually has faith in the Wii U and wants to help it though: better then the attitude most of the industry has toward it. 

Also vine-climbing? As long as it's reasonably fast-paced I'm down with that level gimmick. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

If it's good enough for Flying Battery Zone, it's definitely good enough for Silent Forest!

This game is looking wonderful.

Oh God. The nostalgia.

Flying Battery, it's as if you never left!

Company making and selling game says game is good and will sell good.

What a ballsy statement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm...

SLW_Hang_Tight%21.jpg

Yeah, it looks like this area from a different camera angle.

vinesnshiz_zpsd38b8c27.jpg

So that means that the wisp is optional... at least in this part of the stage.

• Thumbs Up 6

It won't just be this game that revives the Wii U, it'll be the combination of games coming out for it in 2013 and 2014+Nintendo's advertising that revives it.

I think you missed the

part.

Edited by Dizcrybe
  • Thumbs Up 1

SLW_Hang_Tight%21.jpg

Just wanna mention that post with the images I made a few days ago, I totally called it! :P