Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Um... it wasn't removed from the UK Marketplace as far as I'm aware.

I bought it about two months ago.

And weirdly enough, I bought Generations from that sale, so now I have it on every platform it has been released on...

From the SEGA blog:

"We are excited to announce a limited time, sale price of $0.99 (prices vary across regions) for all Sonic mobile games on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon App Store in celebration of Sonic’s 22nd Anniversary!

Fans can race at lightning speeds across seven classic zones as Sonic the Hedgehog. Run and spin through loop-de-loops as they collect rings and defeat enemies on a mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Eggman with the original Sonic the Hedgehog 1 or relive the nostalgia with Sonic CD. Enjoy beloved sidekicks and fan-favorite villains in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Ep 1 &2, gamers can scoop of their favorites on sale now for a limited time.

Check out Sonic games on your mobile device today! Sale prices might be delayed on some platforms."

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/06/21/celebrate-sonic%e2%80%99s-22nd-anniversary-with-up-to-70-off/

Edited by Metal Gear -Bender-

So I just found some photos of the booth Sega had at the Vegas Licensing Expo.

Heres the not so interesting one.

995690_10151694568833501_672915041_n.jpg

Unless we have a member here who is a whiz with photo editing software and can enhance that thing in the background so we can see whats inside that stand?

Here is the more interesting one...

1013882_10151694569193501_286448554_n.jp

Merchandise... not that interesting... now look behind it, at the banner "The Retro Collection?" With some really odd looking Sonic artwork?

But more interesting... that banner appears to have a second game on it just below the Sonic logo... anyone got any ideas?

Actually... saying that...

The game thats running in the top photo...

Thats not Lost world is it? Is it one of the Hardlight games?

• Thumbs Up 1

My initial deduction is that Sonic CD (2011) and Sonic 1 (2013) are part of a new endeavor to upgrade the main Classic games with the Retro Engine. Not unlike the SEGA Vintage Collection, the SEGA Dreamcast Collection or the SEGA Heritage Collection, the Sonic Retro Collection could be the Genesis Sonic games re-purposed for easier porting to more devices. 

It could end up with a boxed release, but I doubt it.

My first thought was that game in the first image was Sonic Dash, but I'm not sure ...

EDIT: darnit blue >:U

Edited by ElementofChaos

So I just found some photos of the booth Sega had at the Vegas Licensing Expo.

Heres the not so interesting one.

995690_10151694568833501_672915041_n.jpg

Unless we have a member here who is a whiz with photo editing software and can enhance that thing in the background so we can see whats inside that stand?

Here is the more interesting one...

1013882_10151694569193501_286448554_n.jp

Merchandise... not that interesting... now look behind it, at the banner "The Retro Collection?" With some really odd looking Sonic artwork?

But more interesting... that banner appears to have a second game on it just below the Sonic logo... anyone got any ideas?

Actually... saying that...

The game thats running in the top photo...

Thats not Lost world is it? Is it one of the Hardlight games?

Ok first I just want to say the game in the 1st photo is indeed sonic dash, second, I think below the sonic the hedgehog logo in the 2nd picture is either a picture of knuckles holding a chaos emerald or mecha knuckles holding a chaos emerald, because I swear I see red metal, reminiscent of mecha knuckles from the archie comics, like this.

125px-MechaKnuckles_Archie.jpg

Edited by Sunic Man

That game is Sonic Dash. The Retro Collection banner is obviously referring to the retro merch in that glass casing. This IS a licensing expo.

I love how a modern game is being shown, but all the merchandise is of Classic Sonic.

One normally gives SEGA crap for marketing but I think this was probably their most genius marketing idea.

They just updated Sonic 4 : Episode 2 randomly today, lists the only change as adding support for iPhone 5.

So no fixing the episode metal bug whee j can't get last the first warp tube in mad gear without the game crashing? :/

It bothers me that I can't complete it

As always, Sonic's a hit with the ladies! laugh.png

Does this mean we can have Sonic R songs for DLC?

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Sonic's become a WatchDog for Ubisoft I see (badumtss)

Wouldn't that be a watchhog ;)

But why is he always with the girls, he's 15!

See, this is the real reason why Sonic is cooler than Mario; he gets all the ladies and he doesn't have to work for anything.tongue.png

Edited by Tomoki

See, this is the real reason why Sonic is cooler than Mario; he gets all the ladies and he doesn't have to work for anything.tongue.png

Chicks dig the 'hog, that's just how it is. Those smooth, curvy quills are irresistible!

Good to see Sonic getting around in the world... now. Let's just hope his steady return to cultural icon does not equate to sex symbol status, or this could get very awkward in terms of publicity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hate to double post, but.

1005610_10151679279232418_1736453548_n.j

Called it. Good lord I friggin'

Why must using the same render over and over be the more economical decision. sad.png

I will give them credit. They put more detail into this one than any of the others. Perhaps a sign of things to come?! tongue.png

If they really do announce DLC for SASRT tomorrow as is speculated, I'll definitely be celebrating the 4th. Well, that and trading my 360 games in for PS3 copies finally.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I swear if we have waited all this time for them to just announce Billy Hatcher which we have known is pretty much complete already in the game files since launch.... *sobs* when he mentioned winter etc I thought of Blizzard Castle and Billy from the first game :/

Wouldn't that be a watchhog wink.png

But why is he always with the girls, he's 15!

I didn't know Sonic used to be a Patrat! :o

Alright. So the new DLC for ASRT was from Company of Heroes? And its PC only.

It does make me wonder it really does. Sumo got approval for a new character DLC back in early Jan. We have yet to see anything in regards to this. Yet they release a Company of Heroes one after acquiring Relic in late Jan. So either he IS the one they got approval for. Or somehow an advert for their new acquisition got given precedence over the previously announced character green light. Or perhaps the previously mentioned one is going to be console only, while this one is PC only? Bah I dunno.

Guess this is what they meant by putting their flame shield up >.<

This is unconfirmed and just speculation.

I'm not going to list names because frankly I don't want them hounded or people to do digging since they must be feeling like crap if it's what I think it is.

A bunch of people, all Sega employees, have been posting on facebook stuff which sounds like there has been a huge wave of job cuts or at least some kind of freeze on employment demand.

Not entirely sure whats happened, but when the talk is about finding work elsewhere and people joining in with 'you too?' and talk about loads of people being affected. It certainly sounds like theres been a wave of job cuts or they're cutting back on hours given to a lot of employees.

Not good. =/

If that is true (and I won't make assumptions) then I don't feel any better about SEGA's future game output either.

It sounds like it's just Sega Europe, and from the people who are talking, they all work in the same area (sorta). So it might be limited to that department, but it's still not a good sign.

Edit: It sounds like it's been a reduction in hours or a major contract reduction.