Awoo.

April Fools 2013

King Frosty

Well I had fun, considering it's pretty much over now. Thankfully the world will go back to normal next day, I can only take one day of this at a time............

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Well I messed up my biggest prank here. But having a flashback to Overlord Wei on Skype and Steam did make people's heads turns. But man I was so cynical back then I'm glad I ended up the way I did. But my SSMB prank didn't go out so well so fuck me.

That's right guys! BOOZE! D: <

Ok I'm leaving again

Edited by Mio Akiyama

Well, I suppose it's goodbye to Crow and Wooly again. We'll certainly miss you guys, no fooling. :U

Well today was cool. What could've been a pretty boring day was brightened up by all the lighthearted internet fun.

Can't wait for next year...only 365 days away.

So how was that switcheroo me and Penthe did? B)

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that's enough posts in the Sonic discussion forum from me for one lifetime. Aside from a couple of posts I made, most of them weren't really joke-y at all; I'm just not as motivated to post in Sonic topics these days. B-but maybe a part of my heart will always like that baka hedgehog... n-not that I like him or anything !!

So how was that switcheroo me and Penthe did? cool.png

I saw through the act since I didn't see any quote dissection in any of Nepenthe's posts

=P

• Thumbs Up 2

While I found some part of April fools this year mildly amusing, as I do every year, I must say April Fools on the internet is pretty lame. You can kind of see it all coming and most of it tends to be things that aren't a lot different from common memes only now they have become official by companies. That said if Wayforward doesn't release Cat Girl Without Salad I am going to die because it was the only joke this year that made me go "I need this".

I hate being a downer on this day of 'fun' but really its no different than any other day of 'fun' on the internet! Oopz I mean ... Desco knows being a party pooper is essential to being a strong final boss!  So I am kind of glad it is over now :3. Though it was cool to be banned for a day! I've never been banned before anywhere I've been to (I've banned people though modding places back in the day).

Well it was kinda given away that your name was Nepenth3 instead of Nepenthe...

Too bad I saw you first before I saw the real Nepenthe changing her name to yours otherwise you two could have fooled me for a short while... XP

Anyway, last batch of the April Fools stuff I found!

The X-Watch (X360 in your watch!) http://www.simulationsportsnetwork.com/news/the-xwatch/

YouTube Announces The Nominees For Best Video (Day 1) (Rewatch) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGeMGqVKD6A&feature=etp-pd-jke

Virgin launches glass-bottomed plane http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/virgin-atlantic-launches-worlds-first-ever-glass-bottomed-plane

The New BARCLAYCARD: Paywag - The World's First Contactless device for Dogs 

Virgin Mobile brings back the pagers with Smart pagerz! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=605159622845372&set=a.206762502685088.58820.176824455678893&type=1&relevant_count=1

Hope you all had a great April 1st! =D

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I'm a little surprised nobody noticed the Easter egg I threw in though (which is still there). (:

I just woke up, but this is gonna drive me nuts until someone discovers what it is.

..Unless there's nothing and this red herring is an April Fools in itself.

I loved how after I started posting some of my legitimate opinions under Soniman's name, people just assumed we were posting opposite opinions to what we actually think and made that a trend without actually realizing what I had done. Got a good laugh out of that. :P

Ok so you know how Sega did that Football Manager 1888 April Fools gag?

Well... it turns out there is an April Fools gag in their current actually released Football Manager game that nobody knew about. When players started the game yesterday, after a short period of playing the game, the following message appeared.

w00tp.jpg

It changed obviously depending on the team you had. If you then clicked the 'accept' button... this happens.

foolz.jpg

That is actually in the newest version of football manager.

But....how is that...a joke?

Ohhh

Thought it was a late April Fools joke by Pixar :X

Holy shit it's real?

Man, I think I'm looking forward to that. I'm always a bit iffy about Disney churning out sequels though.

Holy shit it's real?

Man, I think I'm looking forward to that. I'm always a bit iffy about Disney churning out sequels though.

Well Finding Nemo 2 was inside the Monsters University thread, and I researched about it and found info that it is coming. But Autosaver found some image that shows the upcoming Pixar films (or something like that) and Finding Nemo 2 wasn't one of them. So I was left confused. But this news reconfirmed it.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Well it was kinda given away that your name was Nepenth3 instead of Nepenthe...

I can explain that. When we tried to go for the switch, it kept telling me that the name was already taken and I kept furiously clicking on the save changes.

And then in the heat of the moment, I put in the 3 there because I really wanted the switch to happen at a point people would get fooled easily.

Does the system reject accented letters? In retrospect that possibly could have been a great way to bypass the "name already taken" filter; if the accent is small and not easily noticed, it probably would have fooled loads more folks.

Anyway I'll give kudos to you both for the switch; I was having trouble determining who was who and was actually convinced at one point CSS was made a mod for a day for the sake of the prank. Probably since Nepenthe switched second, so could actually claim the name.

Post counts dood. I memorized them.

579796_10151620182860695_59778333_n.jpg

Coming November 2013.

This is real? Ok...cool soooo pixar..tell me....

WHERE THE FUCK IS INCREDIBLES 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

Does the system reject accented letters? In retrospect that possibly could have been a great way to bypass the "name already taken" filter; if the accent is small and not easily noticed, it probably would have fooled loads more folks.

Surprisingly, it doesn't reject them. That's how I managed to get my old name back despite the filter on "Sonic" rather than ask a mod to change it.

Unfortunately, that's not what I was concerned with. I figured the system would easily allow me to switch Nepenthe's name for my own after she did her part. So it really didn't occur to me at the time to use an accented letter for the e in her name.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc