Awoo.

Worst Sonic fanart ever?

Kamakai

I know I have an active topic (in the form olf the forgotten music gems topic), but I saw a topic like this on another website and I could not resist.

Searching for "Sonic OC" on DeviantART, as of May 2012, produces upwards of 60,000 results. So, without further ado, I present you all with a challenge: Find the worst Sonic fanart ever! Winner gets a Chaos Emerald!tongue.png   

• Thumbs Up 2

No, there are some artworks that shine creative genius. However, some skilled artists have blatantly drawn Sonic with red fur and labeled him as an OC. I have nothing against people on DeviantART, in fact, I love some artwork on there. But, like Sonic games, there are some that lack... well... goodness. That's what this topic is about. Not mindless DA bashing. I apologise if I came across that way.

Edited by Blue Streamer

I have nothing against people on DeviantART, in fact, I love some artwork on there. But, like Sonic games, there are some that lack... well... goodness.

Agreed. It's much like going to a photography site. You'll always have the good and the bad and most people generally improve, but some of the Sonic OCs show such a lack of effort it's incredible.

I don't see this as any different from finding terrible fanfiction. Or something like this.

But alas, as long is the artist is happy I guess I'm not one to judge.

Edited by SkyLlama

Or we could not shame people for expressing their creativity in a poorly skilled or unsinpired way because they're still finding their feet as an artist.

Perhaps.

Agreed.

Specifically aiming to find creative works to make fun of is just unnecessarily mean. We're better than that.

DISCLAIMER: Unless the artist is an asshole. Then it's a free for all.

• Thumbs Up 5

Agreed.

Specifically aiming to find creative works to make fun of is just unnecessarily mean. We're better than that.

DISCLAIMER: Unless the artist is an asshole. Then it's a free for all.

People art-thefting and recolouring then getting all stubborn-defensive when you catch them out counts as the latter, right? :D

476px-Sonic_Channel_-_Sonic_The_Hedgehog

Disgusting. The fan who did this must never be allowed near any form of artist material ever again.

3747841812_633976295145765530_SonicFandolol

But I gotta agree with Jez in all seriousness. Artsing is hard, guys ._.

Edited by Starscream
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah this is just straight up unproductive and lacking of discussion value, not to mention quite disrespectful. Nothing good will come out of this.

Thank you for making an activity, however I am sorry for feeling the need to lock your topic.

You intend this in good fun, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that it might result in unneeded mockery of the fanbase who did spend time and love with their projects, nevermind the outcome and quality. Even if the topic might be meant for bad quality contributions purposely drawn by skilled artists, I feel there is a risc that art genuinely made with effort will make their way in here and cause bad feelings. I hope you understand.

Edit: Whoops. Something must be wrong with my browser today. My sincerest apologies, Carbo.

• Thumbs Up 4