Awoo.

ARTWORK: Scarz' Fanart and Stuff

Chauvel

Working on an Archie comic book like Betty & Veronica or any of the Sonic comics would be a dream job! Even penciling something small like a single "Off Panel" strip would be awesome. I wouldn't know how to get my foot in the door though. So right now webcomics are just my thing.

Actualy, there are proably a couple people you could talk to around here who could proably give some good advice, but from what I understand one way is to have a good portfolio, and some example work, and then approach someone at one of the events, and like I said, there are better people to talk to than me

From what I understand most of it is done by freelancers, and best way to get in is to make connections,

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Actualy, there are proably a couple people you could talk to around here who could proably give some good advice, but from what I understand one way is to have a good portfolio, and some example work, and then approach someone at one of the events, and like I said, there are better people to talk to than me

From what I understand most of it is done by freelancers, and best way to get in is to make connections,

My portfolio is up to date and I have been to comic conventions in the past and showed my work to numerous editors and professional artists. Not with the intention to land a gig or anything, but for advice on how to improve my work. I have done some professional work before, so I have something to add to my resume as well. Recently I contacted a friend and professional comic writer (I don't want to name drop anyone here). And it seems I'll be getting work again for more independent companies! So, wish me luck!

Anyway, time for some comics! SPACE 88 pages 6-10:

10384153716_d713768397_o.jpg

10384112724_33b29438cb_o.jpg

10384111874_e949845441_o.jpg

10384152246_9918296ce2_o.jpg

10384130415_68253279e4_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

SPACE 88 pages 30-31(end):

11061050854_3635bd5e37_o.jpg

11061093213_9aca69ed60_o.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the story as much as I like creating it!

I'll probably won't be submitting much miscellaneous/original art here as much, like an entire comic like this one. I post almost everywhere I can now and I'm starting to lose track of places where I submit art. That being said, I will always post my Sonic related fan art (and fan animation and comics) here. It just seems right.

And speaking of which, here's the color version of Tails and Fiona as Haruko and Naota from Fooly Cooly.

11061108133_b6b377c244_b.jpg

I've been very busy last month. I started going forward planning major projects and getting them ready for 2014. Here's a little preview wip of a banner for one Sonic related project I'm currently working on. It's going to be a biggie!

11154750126_c3e1e8a5e0_o.jpg

I'm in the middle of creating the storyboard for the teaser trailer. Here's a very small chunk of it.

11154897333_d673d744b7_o.jpg

I will be working on the storyboard and animatic inbetween projects and work. I'll also post little previews here and there and talk a little more about the project as it progresses. Love to hear what you guys think!

I will return to Sonic: The G.U.N. Project on Monday.

More Sonic Flash stuff! I should be working on Sonic the G.U.N. Project but I got a little sidetrack finishing up the storyboard for the teaser trailer for Sonic Flash.

Here's a longer look at some of the storyboard art:

11206652055_293818467b_h.jpg

And here's a short animatic for the trailer. (Yes, yes... a teaser for a teaser trailer). I know it's not long but let me know what you guys think of it so far!

http://youtu.be/mjFSXGdnOzs

• Thumbs Up 1

11252530385_fd3297a60e_o.gif

Yup, another preview. This time it's a short loop of Bunnie and Sally. I'm actually using audio clips from from a well known southern cartoon gal. And I'm matching it to Bunnie's lip sync.

So far, it's been great practice to finally mess around with lip syncing. Something I had trouble with in the past. It's coming out well and I should have the full animation with audio out soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://youtu.be/AMJ81WSq2C0

And here it is! Three separate audio clips and three separate scenes. I think my favorite of the three clips is the last one. The audio clip was actually shorter but I extended it with that little bit of music from the X-Men show. Then I animated Bunnie's walk before she sat down when originally she was just sitting. (That part was animated at the last minute, which is why is looks kind of choppy). This was really fun practice, not only with the lip sync but also the body language as well. Can't wait to do more!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new Sally art inspried from the recent issue!

11932220386_fd1fd9c69e_c.jpg

This was a practice sketch page I just whipped up on the fly. Recently I've been working on improving my sequential art and composition skills. Since I've been on a "Sonic binge" these past few weeks, I've decided to draw a more subtle page instead of an action heavy one.

11942856743_e11413693d_b.jpg

The inked version of the page. This was also a good practice to practice on improving my digital inking.

11976349375_e92d22e90a_b.jpg

I'm doing a sort of "fill in the blank" thing with the page because I'm too lazy to come up with the dialogue myself. laugh.png

11977177446_8399899138_b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what Sonic's reaction to seeing that would be. There's the "he's kissing Sally grrr!," but then there's "Guys... Shadow's smiling. I'm scared!"

Now I need to imagine what sort of conversation happened there... I get the feeling Sonic was brought up given Shadow's laughter and Sally's blush.

Great piece overall!

I don't know what Sonic's reaction to seeing that would be. There's the "he's kissing Sally grrr!," but then there's "Guys... Shadow's smiling. I'm scared!"

Now I need to imagine what sort of conversation happened there... I get the feeling Sonic was brought up given Shadow's laughter and Sally's blush.

Great piece overall!

Thanks! I should draw a comic page with Sonic reacting to Shadow and Sally thing. Oh, and Shadow is sneezing in the forth panel, by the way. I can see how it looks like laughter, though. biggrin.png

12015317143_77c0f812b4_b.jpg

Quick fanart sketches of Rage redesign of Sonic's parents from the Archie Sonic series. Rage gave them new styles and new names to boot, Tempo and Chase.

12051478815_0ddcaa5a06_o.gif

A small preview gif that's a part of a slightly longer animation I've been working on the side. The animation itself was inspired by Archie's Sonic Genesis arc and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Video Game, third cutscene.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks! I should draw a comic page with Sonic reacting to Shadow and Sally thing. Oh, and Shadow is sneezing in the forth panel, by the way. I can see how it looks like laughter, though. biggrin.png

12015317143_77c0f812b4_b.jpg

Quick fanart sketches of Rage redesign of Sonic's parents from the Archie Sonic series. Rage gave them new styles and new names to boot, Tempo and Chase.

Ok, those are pretty darned awesome, I mean the original sketch from the other guy is a decent base, but your drawing as always is superb.... and oh great now I am feeling tempted to model Chase XD even though I am really trying to work on my drawing skills(finaly found a good book)... and have a lab report to do, perhaps after I finish that I may take my try at chase

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mandobardanjusik! If you ever get around to modeling Chase, I'd love to see it!

Time for some pics!

Here's the finished Shadow and Sally pages. One wordless and the other with dialogue.

12145613224_5c24ae605c_b.jpg

12145207885_60fc2659e1_b.jpg

Sally and Blaze as tough gals boxing because, why not?

12153123754_c947db0f3d_b.jpg

12192582344_2a8808a55b_b.jpg

And finally, a couple of random sketches of Fiona Fox.

12182835263_2a789b4411_b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Man you have the creativity and drive! All you need is to work on your technical skills which will happen as you get better as long as you practice your fundamentals.

I can't stress enough about how important fundamentals are. XD

12229853585_94a8c03a0a_b.jpg

Two fan favorites and beloved by all, Fiona and the Tails Doll!

Man you have the creativity and drive! All you need is to work on your technical skills which will happen as you get better as long as you practice your fundamentals.

I can't stress enough about how important fundamentals are. XD

Please excuse me ignorance here, but what fundamentals do you speak of? Sequential art, anatomy, color, animation, or all of the above? If the latter, believe me, I'm working hard on it all! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new pieces coming at ya!

12511172614_880da24645_b.jpg

"Chao Bites" Inspired by Chao Nibbles by CopperChipmunk.

12564663094_ba6f1634d2_o.gif

A quick animation test (I wanted to practice run cycles) and I couldn't help but keep adding more and more stuff to it. It started out with just a simple run cycle for Fiona Fox, and then I had the urge to add speed lines, gun smoke, and robots.

12606732435_43b1e42b10_o.gif

Another quick test animation of Nicole materializing. The first animation was just the template for the latter two. I think it's obvious that the last test (the one with the square/rectangle bits) works best. I think it closely resembles how it looks in the comic.

More animated stuff coming soon!

I used some time now to go through Your thread, and I quite impressed! You're art is great and Your animations are amazing, as well as Your Comics! I really liked the Space Comic you made there. It was exciting to read as the dialouge was entertaining and the action scenes was cool to watch.

The Knuckles Comic With the Christmas carol theme, was great! smile.png You have good sense of humor in Your Comics.

and the Sonic and Sally animation With Sonic pulling his spines forward, making him looks like Sally, and swinging his hips. I laughed out too loud on that one xD

Even though I'm not a fan of Sally and Shadow paired up together at all, I think the Comic page you made of them was very cute and had a relaxing atmosphere in it. Great job on that!

and I' agreed with some have said that your style seems very nostalgic and seems to be a mix of old style and modern. Cool!

I look forward to see more of your work, Keep up! smile.png

Thanks so much for the kind words about my work Sitronhog! I've been told several times that my style is a mix of old and new, which is pretty cool. I don't tend to notice these things on my own.

New animation!

12762982374_5b9cd4c5a0_o.gif

And why yes, that is a Pretty Cure reference! smile.png

• 2 weeks later...