Awoo.

ARTWORK: Scarz' Fanart and Stuff

Chauvel

Just a couple of quick Sonic sketches I drew as a warm-up this morning.

9872871065_78983b795a_b.jpg

Edited by Scarz
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of really quick animation gifs here, the first being one of Jessica, one of the main characters in my comic, "Road Kill".

9875790355_1e14d8b779_o.gif

And the second is an animated WIP of Fiona Fox performing a standard axe kick. I've been looking at a lot of video game sprite animation lately and even though this isn't a sprite animation, there's clearly an influence here.

Still pretty rough around the edges when it comes to animating, so your critiques are always welcomed.

9872900776_26af083e81_o.gif

Edited by Scarz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Janine, from Road Kill, smoking a cigarette. Honestly, I just wanted an excuse to practice smoke animation.

9875816156_f92e44702b_o.gif

Edited by Scarz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails and Fiona as Haruko and Naota from Fooly Cooly.

9872876896_cf7fdd14d9_b.jpg

I don't know why this makes so much sense to me...

Edited by Scarz
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tails looks really quite adorable with that hoodie.  Wonderful work with all your sketches.  There's a nice crisp feeling to all of them.

I concur with the above sentiment! Wonderfully clean artwork all around, but I particularly like the Tails and Fiona choice as it reflects the Stockholm Syndrome-esque situation the two characters had in the anime.

...does this mean Tails gets eaten by Metal Sonic or something to become a superpowered warrior? XD

Thanks guys!

...does this mean Tails gets eaten by Metal Sonic or something to become a superpowered warrior? XD

Something like that, yes.

9872874534_ba93fbfbe2_b.jpg

And another animated gif.

9875819746_015bf68c87_o.gif

I really like the lighting from this one frame of animation and I think it's good enough to submit on its own.

9875820106_de11f9e985_o.jpg

Edited by Scarz

You're art style is very detailed and looks like the kind of stuff I see in comic books, you should really get more credit for it.

Hahaha, it's pretty surreal to see Gamma as Kanti... poor little Tails just as confused as Naota was... XD

This was a response to

9872887875_1613b71bfe_o.gif

Yeah, I know this meme is a billion years old and the animation is purposely crappy but I regret nothing!

Edited by Scarz

• 1 month later...

Time to dust off this thread with some art work! First up is a quick little piece featuring Janine, a character from my Road Kill webcomic.

9737355550_90c95c19fb_b.jpg

Next up is a WIP of a storyboard animation I'm currently working on.

9737357788_2286b33357_b.jpg

I wanted to make a long animated gif of the infamous Fiona and Tails scene from Sonic The Hedgehog #172. But after considering how long the gif will be and how I wanted to stage some of the scenes, I thought it would probably be best if I created a storyboard first.

Huh? I can't see them, they're filled up with "PHOTOBUCKET" and stuff. Is there some issues going on with the uploading site?

No issue really, I just hit my bandwidth limit on photobucket. I'm currently uploading all my images from Photobucket to Flickr at the moment. I should fix and replace all the broken images soon.

*Phew* Finally replaced all the broken images on this thread.

Anyway, here's the full storyboard of one my personal favorite scenes from Sonic the Hedgehog #172. Now it's time to start cracking on the animation. I don't know if it will be suitable for just a gif considering how long it will be. I might just make it a playable short flash movie, but I'll figure it out once it's finished.

9889496613_ed904faf7c_h.jpg

I'm not even sure if I just want the animation to end with just Sonic helping Tails. But I can't really think of a good ending scene at the moment. So I'll probably just leave it as is.

Looking back at the storyboard, it makes me wish I had voices to go along with it.

Edited by Scarz
  • Thumbs Up 2

You're artwork is outstanding ! It looks so amazing! It is so professional I can't believe it is Fan art!

Edited by knucklesgirl

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a qucik Knuckles animation, it took me about two hours to finish. 10100355985_e3647afd55_o.gif
... ... ... ... --literally speechless-- ...

Got some new stuff coming at ya! First the first five pages of my manga, SPACE 88. First a little backstory; about a month ago, I started sketching a comic for the Shonen Jump Manga Competition. I was extremely excited and crammed a lot of work and effort into finishing the project. Unfortunately, I didn't meet the deadline due to my own silly mistake of mixing up dates for another contest I was interested in entering. Well, long story short the comic/manga is finished and I'm going to post here and on my dA gallery and tumblr page.

10256956835_4ce6172a10_o.jpg

10257060273_dbe5c179a0_o.jpg

10256956165_dfbf018187_o.jpg

10256955635_1461e73c25_o.jpg

10256954985_435f01147b_o.jpg

And for something unrelated, Jessica and Janine from Road Kill. Just a little something I quickly whipped up. I really enjoy drawing these two and I like the way the behave in certain situations. It sometimes can be morbidly humorous.

10256959406_abfeaa158a_b.jpg

Got some new stuff coming at ya! First the first five pages of my manga, SPACE 88. First a little backstory; about a month ago, I started sketching a comic for the Shonen Jump Manga Competition. I was extremely excited and crammed a lot of work and effort into finishing the project. Unfortunately, I didn't meet the deadline due to my own silly mistake of mixing up dates for another contest I was interested in entering. Well, long story short the comic/manga is finished and I'm going to post here and on my dA gallery and tumblr page. 10256956835_4ce6172a10_o.jpg10257060273_dbe5c179a0_o.jpg10256956165_dfbf018187_o.jpg10256955635_1461e73c25_o.jpg10256954985_435f01147b_o.jpg And for something unrelated, Jessica and Janine from Road Kill. Just a little something I quickly whipped up. I really enjoy drawing these two and I like the way the behave in certain situations. It sometimes can be morbidly humorous. 10256959406_abfeaa158a_b.jpg

SOMEONE, HIRE THIS GUY TO DRAW COMICS FOR SOME COMIC BOOK COMPANY!!!

Edited by SnipSnap
  • Thumbs Up 1

maybe you should audition for archie sonic comics, you definately would have the skill too!

Working on an Archie comic book like Betty & Veronica or any of the Sonic comics would be a dream job! Even penciling something small like a single "Off Panel" strip would be awesome. I wouldn't know how to get my foot in the door though. So right now webcomics are just my thing.