Awoo.

The International Snack Foods Thread!

goku262002

I KNOW A FRIEND WHO LOVED GUSHERS, BUT WHEN HE FOUND OUT THEY WERE MADE BY BETTY CROCKER HE HAD A MENTLE BRECKDOWN.

08_kinder_egg.jpg

Kinder Chocolate eggs were my absolute favorite. I remember in Mexico going to the store with my grandma everyday to buy one, such great times. Last time I went to Mexico I bought a few of them for old time's sake.

I finally got to try a Kinder Surprise when I was in Canada back in November. Keep in mind, you can't import them into the US because it presents a choking hazard due to the toy that's inside. When I unwrapped it I was completely floored by how easy it was to break it open in half thus revealing the toy inside that I had to keep myself from laughing so hard in public thinking "That's it? It's that easy to open and yet I can't import it because we're scared of people choking? What the fuck?"

I finally got to try a Kinder Surprise when I was in Canada back in November. Keep in mind, you can't import them into the US because it presents a choking hazard due to the toy that's inside. When I unwrapped it I was completely floored by how easy it was to break it open in half thus revealing the toy inside that I had to keep myself from laughing so hard in public thinking "That's it? It's that easy to open and yet I can't import it because we're scared of people choking? What the fuck?"

The toy is inside a big plastic capsule though, I don't see how the kids could have possibly choked on the toy unless it was just parental irresponsibility since the capsules themselves are pretty damn hard to open. I also don't see why they had to go as far as to ban them in the US. Par'noid 'murika. Well, maybe they still have the chocolate bars somewhere around here though, no toys in those.

Forget about the Kinder Surprise, Kinder Bueno and Kinder Joy, this is the real deal:

kinder-chocolate2-234x300.png

Kinder-chocolate-bar-chocolate-522035_80

MY GOD THIS IS DELICIOUS.

Edited by Jango

So....awhile back I bought 2 of these - http://www.napajapan.com/Product.asp?product=201

Calorie Mate

IMG_1578.jpgnot my hand or photo

One maple, one chocolate, and a few other things. And well.....they're damn good. It's really like a small cookie block and just tastes great. I liked the chocolate one more than the maple but both were good anyway. They're not crunchy nor chewy, think of it like an oven baked cookie after it's been cooling off for an hour or 2. And that's it, not totally sure how else to say it, it's just really good :u

Edited by Jetronic

Have you seen the crazy-ass flavors of Pepsi that are only in Japan?

pepsi_zps2d086504.jpg

Because when I think soda, I think of cucumbers and yogurt. They seem to have dozens of flavors like these, including Salty Watermelon, Pink (strawberry flavored), "Carribean Gold" (white sapote flavored...whatever that is), something called "Azuki" and many many more. Either Pepsi Japan really branched out into different types of drinks or they're hell bent on making every available flavor possible.

I wonder if that Blue flavor actually taste like the Pepsi Blue I knew and loved when growing up.... BRING IT BACK

Pepsi and Coca Cola Japan seem to pretty much bring out a new flavour every week (and Kitkat etc) and the only reason I can think of is "because we can" and that they have no idea what works so just do it anyway.

I probably eat more sweets now as an adult than I did as a kid but even so, there aren't many that I would say I love. Sometimes it's just easier to eat a chocolate bar than eat lunch.

I loved Nerds, popping candy, butterfingers, strawberry and orange Rose's chocolates, fizzy cherries and gummy milkshake bottles.

So....awhile back I bought 2 of these - http://www.napajapan.com/Product.asp?product=201

Calorie Mate

IMG_1578.jpgnot my hand or photo

One maple, one chocolate, and a few other things. And well.....they're damn good. It's really like a small cookie block and just tastes great. I liked the chocolate one more than the maple but both were good anyway. They're not crunchy nor chewy, think of it like an oven baked cookie after it's been cooling off for an hour or 2. And that's it, not totally sure how else to say it, it's just really good :u

If I ever ate a Calorie Mate I would eat it after strapping a bandanna around my head, with a loud crunching, eating it sloppily so that crumbs went everywhere, going "HRRRRMMMM" and contemplating heavy themes such as cloning, war, and NANOMACHINES. 

So apparently some WH Smith stores are selling Freddo's and Chomps for 65p each O_O tumblr_mf6dreILgT1qb4q1zo1_500.jpg

So apparently some WH Smith stores are selling Freddo's and Chomps for 65p each O_O tumblr_mf6dreILgT1qb4q1zo1_500.jpg

FUCKING HELL!

THESES USED TO BE 5 FUCKING PENCE!

5!

I hate this Country sometimes.

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter

WHSmith is always expensive for Chocolate, this is the first time I've seen them for 65p that's for sure. Fairly sure the local cornershop has them for at most 40p.

Freddos were naff anyway.

220px-Caramac.jpgIrn_Bru_500ml_FS.jpg

All is right with the world <3 I love Caramac and Irn-Bru <3!

Though something I've really got into buying lately is KA Fruit Punch,
Fruit+punch+pr+shot+Brand.jpg
It's in the World Imports lot in our Tesco, even if it is produced by AG Barr (Irn-Bru =P). Tastes like Refreshers to me

Edited by DarkOverord

Forget about the Kinder Surprise, Kinder Bueno and Kinder Joy, this is the real deal:

kinder-chocolate2-234x300.png

Kinder-chocolate-bar-chocolate-522035_80

MY GOD THIS IS DELICIOUS.

I love those. But the best 'milky-filled chocolate bar' award has to go to...

438278_large.png

Absolutely sumptuous. Lindt also recently released a white chocolate variety that is unsurpassed in creaminess. Just thinking about it makes me want to march to my nearest Co-Op that stocks them and buy a few, they are that good :9

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not-quite-snack-food but I still think quite relevant.

Something they have in France that I wish they had in the UK... Coffee flavored Coca-Cola

I was on a school trip to France and a friend brought a six pack and gave one to me, Jeeeeees it was delicious.

EDIT: It was discontinued in 2008 D:

Thinking of unusual KitKat flavours, in the UK, they once made Christmas pudding flavor as a Christmas special, it was actually really nice.

Edited by Mysterics

Ohhh, love me some Lindt chocolate. <3 Galaxy is really nice too, though Cadbury's is not the same as it used to be...and that used to be my favourite too. 8(

Has anyone here tried salty liquorice? They sell this in the Netherlands and Scandinavian countries and, I suppose it's an acquired taste, but I think they're delicious! I'm so addicted to them, though if you eat too much you can feel quite sick. ^^; Sometimes they're shaped coins or diamonds. 'Gelddrop' which means money liquorice in Dutch, are actually not too salty, just mild sweet.

gia%20zoute%20snippers.jpgzwart-geld-drop.jpg

Edited by Gabz Girl

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...