Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I usually like to stay as far away from pony fanfiction as possible. Mainly because most of the stories (that I've seen) are generally badly written and all consist of a few select structures, such as:

1). Self-insert fanfiction which consists of Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie ripoffs befriending the entire cast.

2). Crossovers involving Warhammer 40K/Fallout/The Elder Scrolls and other fantasy based series

3). Doctor Whooves adventures with Twilight Sparkle and Derpy Hooves in the TARDIS (or some variation thereof) which, again, seem like badly written Doctor Who plots, just with ponies.

and finally 4). Clopfics. That is all.

I really need to stop going to /co/, so much.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox

I was going through Winter Wrap Up, and I just noticed Rarity used magic. It wasn't much, she just picked up a little basket of bird's nest materials, but damn it that was magic. I'm surprised Twilight didn't mention something about that.

Well she didn't perform the actual work with magic, simply getting her tools, it's not like the day is MAGIC-IS-100%-BANNED day, it's just that the actual work of bringing back spring is traditionally magic-free.

1) Progress... I started with this fic because I really wanted to know what was all that fuzz about pairing Luna with an abacus (seriously), I have to say this one is freaking adorable!
Edited by Tornado

Well she didn't perform the actual work with magic, simply getting her tools, it's not like the day is MAGIC-IS-100%-BANNED day, it's just that the actual work of bringing back spring is traditionally magic-free.

I guess that's acceptable. <_<

When and if they release MLP:FiM on BluRay is when I'm probably going to break down and buy a BluRay player... that or for the Haruhi movie.

I saw this on ED,

Something I want to own so bad.

But it doesn't really exist,

And now I feel only sad.

I remember when My Little Ponies looked so different. They looked more grown up and now they're kids. I'm not sure if I like them or not yet.

Holy crap, I just read a goddamn Stargate crossover fic. And despite how absolutely crazy it is, it WORKS. PERFECTLY. It's set before the Ori arc, which means it's just Jack O'Neil, Daniel, Carter and Teal'c on the SG-1 team. Everyone stays in-character, no excessively dark subtexts, or divulging too far from believable canon, either.

Oh, and yes, Daniel/Twilight is heavily implied, and very briefly discussed by O'Neil and Daniel, and the implications are appropriately awkward. It basically ends with: "If both participants are sapient beings, is it really besti-"

"Do not finish that sentence, Jackson."

Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard about THAT question being raised in fiction before.

In any case, it's very, very, VERY much worth a read.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I remember when My Little Ponies looked so different. They looked more grown up and now they're kids. I'm not sure if I like them or not yet.

Well if you want to be really cool you remember "My Pretty Pony", the start of it all. <ahttp://board.sonicstadium.org/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'> It was pretty much a realistic horse with a foal. But the thing is, My Little Pony G1 began with a few ponies which by the time of the 90's started looking a bit more cartoony concerning their proportions in My Little Pony Tales. Hasbro tried to counter-attack this by making G2 even more realistic with longer legs and necks and such, but that only lasted for a few years beforoe it was forgotten, it didn't get any show or movies. G3 started up and due to the failing of G2 they took it in an even further path and made them even cartoonier, then they went even further to the point that they pretty much lost all sense of direction and made G3.5. Then they saw Lauren Faust's fanart of the characters from the original G1 movie, and decided to hire her and head in that animation direction for a fresh start with G4 and Friendship is Magic.

But they're still sort-of grown up. The foals are much smaller.

Wow, I was meant to say "They just went in a different direction due to bad feedback the latest years" and I wrote all of that? ...I need a life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Season 2 animation stage has begun.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU (curses work)

[obligatory reaction vid]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ow6s4jfzRw

[/obligatory reaction vid]

I've been also reading more fanfics. (because I'm bored and I'm taking a rest of PSO and pokeymans)

My little western: Trixie acting sort of Mary Sue-ish, but I like it.

Secret tub fun: (I see what the author did with the tittle) I liked the first 2 chapters, then it became sort of boring, then it made a 180 turn with celestia. >_> (and Dash's story came out fo nowhere, but at least it worked as a warning about the turn the story was taking)

Sunset: I hated this fic, mostly for the second half of it. -_-

Friendship is... : This one is suposed to be writen as if it were an actual episode of the show, but I wasn't really impressed with the first one, the second one was average, and I was falling asleep before reading the third one (mind you it wasn't because of the fic) and I don't really feel like I should keep reading it.

Now I'm about to read The ballad of Twilight Sparkle.

EDIT3: funny, Youtube seems to eat some milisecs of my vid... oh well *is not going to bother with it anymore*

Edited by gato

Sunset: I hated this fic, mostly for the second half of it.

Sunset was awesome.

:(

I mean, much of it is as depressing as all hell in a "we could have avoided all of this" kind of way, and the original ending before he wrote the Epilogue was basically "holy shit how is this so sad," but its still a fantastic story. One of my Top 5 on the entire site, only behind The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle, The Night That Never Ended, Progress and The Sun is Tired.

Now I'm about to read The ballad of Twilight Sparkle.

Beware: As unimaginably funny as The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle is (and in my opinion it is even better than Progress. In fact, I use it to counter the emotions brought on by The Night That Never Ended chapters), it earns that Shipping tag.

You also expressed that you were uncomfortable with some of the jokes in the more recent chapters of Progress, and The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle is nothing but jokes like that. Absolutely hilarious jokes, but still not particularly child-appropriate ones. For example, the cast gets drunk an awful lot, and much of the early chapters derive their humour from a bender that occurred immediately before the story started.

Edited by Tornado

Waha! Finally finished all of it, and tbh I didn't like the last episode very much. Not sure why, it just felt very lackluster. I didn't even like "At The Gala". *dodges bricks*

And now that I'm finished, I still haven't quite decided if I'm a fan or not. But talking about it on the SEGA forums was so awesome. I'm half a fan? Or barely a fan? Maybe. I'm gonna need something super awesome to bring me in completely. "Party of One" almost did it.

And to end this post:

1307850338237.jpg

Nyehehehe~.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hasbro is a pretty cool company, ti gives away free stuff to fans for making MLP viral and doesn't afraid of anything.
Edited by Tornado

Well it was an Anon, first of all. Could have been trolling them. Pics and legal documents or it didn't happen.

There is some major lack of Rarity in that thing. No philosophical discussion regarding her destiny? No clarification about the differences between expressing malcontent and moaning?

And the pitch on the "What Ever Shall We Do" is wrong, unless she said it more than once during the series and I'm just not thinking of the right time.

Ahh, do want! Where're those from? I'm pretty sure I've seen those somewhere before.

Tangible Cute.

By the way, has anyone any idea where it's possible to buy those all-plastic awesome toys?

Those are also mine, actually. I just got them at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure where you could get them in other countries. Its the Pony Party Gift Pack or whatever the hell its called. Comes with AJ, Pinkie, Twilight, Spike and Celestia, plus a little comic book.