Awoo.

Freedom Planet: coming to a Wii U near you! Indie Assault starring Spade is also a thing!

Coral

Woofle returning to do the music? YUS!

Chris Sabat doing audio and voice directing? YUS!

Friggin' TAXMAN programming the engine? SO MUCH YUS!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Candescence

• Blacklightning

• Coral

The website for those interested...with NEW characters!

Be warned, the character page can spoil a few details from the game as the DLC for FP1 hasn't been released yet. But IDGAF, it's awesome anyway!

THE TAXMAN AND FALK CONFIRMED FOR FP2

My hype levels are overloaded. This game moved right into top three for most anticipated game of 2016

• Thumbs Up 1

THE TAXMAN AND FALK CONFIRMED FOR FP2

My hype levels are overloaded. This game moved right into top three for most anticipated game of 2016

2017, brah.

You serious

YOU SERIOUS

AAAAAAAY

screw it my hype won't deter me from that

>sequel to Wii U hit 

Uh that doesn't mean what I THINK that means right

• Thumbs Up 1

No word yet as to whether Stealth is involved. We do know Stealth currently has a contract for a project which he is working on. What that project is, we have no idea.

Anyway, as for Freedom Planet 2 looking forward to it. Lets hope it improves on what was a good first game. Fingers crossed it gets released on more devices than the first game did.

Edited by BenderTheQuiet

Considering how the lore for the game's universe was set up, a sequel was to be expected. Reguardless, good to hear.

You serious

YOU SERIOUS

AAAAAAAY

screw it my hype won't deter me from that

>sequel to Wii U hit 

Uh that doesn't mean what I THINK that means right

You can lay your fears to rest: the latest Twitter feed says FP2 will follow the same track as the first one, starting on PC/Mac first, then Wii-U.

I'm happy the game is receiving a sequel, but I wish they released all of the upcoming content first before announcing it. Instead of me going "omg hype" I'm thinking "oh neat but when's Spade/Torque/story mode for Millia." I'm also waiting for that patch for the Wii U version that fixes the broken cutscenes

• Thumbs Up 1

Created a new accout just to let you guys know.

Milla and Torque are under beta-testing right now, so we can expect the update really soon.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm happy the game is receiving a sequel, but I wish they released all of the upcoming content first before announcing it. Instead of me going "omg hype" I'm thinking "oh neat but when's Spade/Torque/story mode for Millia." I'm also waiting for that patch for the Wii U version that fixes the broken cutscenes

Honestly, I'm still hyped despite the waiting on DLC. I mean, yeah, I think the DLC should've came first, but fuck if I expected a whole friggen sequel of all things to come during the wait. If anything, I can wait till next year after this announcement, because I think they deserve that much.

Created a new accout just to let you guys know.

Milla and Torque are under beta-testing right now, so we can expect the update really soon.

Ohh I had no idea the beta was on Steam now. I don't have it activated on Steam yet but I'm content with waiting for the full release

Is the next update the one that will be trimming the story cutscenes like the Wii U version did? I kinda liked those scenes so it's likely that I'll keep a backup of an older installation file for preservation's sake.

Oooooooooohhh, man. They really be brinin' the edge with that trailer. :P

Nah, I liked the first one despite whatever problems it had. Hope GalaxyTrail learned a few things so they can make the sequel a better game. I'm also digging the new villain here, especially since her past has something to do with the Magister.

It's knida funny, though. I had an idea a while back for a similar character and story.:wacko:

Ohh I had no idea the beta was on Steam now. I don't have it activated on Steam yet but I'm content with waiting for the full release

Is the next update the one that will be trimming the story cutscenes like the Wii U version did? I kinda liked those scenes so it's likely that I'll keep a backup of an older installation file for preservation's sake.

Yeah, the next update will implement the WiiU cuts. Here's the thread in the forums:

http://www.galaxytrail.com/forum/index.php/topic,589.0.html

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the trimming of scenes for a more compact plot, and it's good that they're listening to criticisms about the parts people felt were just padding.

But will those scenes be gone completely, or is there some chance of a kinda scene selection where people who liked those parts can still view them as Extras? Would be a shame to waste that Movie Night scene, because padding it may be, it was where the girls were bonding with Milla.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe I'm just now hearing about the sequel, stupid me.

It's strange, this game is somewhat in a style I imagined if SEGA ever did a Sonic SatAM game or one off the comics, or something close to it.

Yo, the beta for Torque is available now for anyone interested.

Like the shooter aspect of his play, using the elemental orbs as ammo and the different elemental effects of his bullets. Though his low health keeps him from being broken and forces you to think.

K, so came out of the Serpentine boss fight.

Was expecting a bit of a challenge, but he plays much easier than Milla on the plane considering he can shoot at longer ranges, and the Fire Bomb was pretty useful. Only died once, although I was playing on Normal mode to speed through and test things.

The shooting can feel a bit odd at times, because I sometimes forgot I was playing Torque and tried to Dragon Boost or Wild Kick the boss only to get shot in the face. So he does take some getting used to.

So I started playing Milla's adventure playthrough...

Okay, now I like the story even with its padding and defended it for how it works, but the beginning is actually the one thing I'm not gonna let slide given how the narrative worked in Lilac and Carol's adventure.

It starts at Aqua Tunnel, and then when you beat it it goes straight to where Neera Li captures Milla and returns her to prison. It tries to play it off with a "28 hours earlier," but that wouldn't have been necessary had they instead started Milla off at Relic Maze from the get go and put Aqua Tunnel between Sky Battlion and Jade Creek where it belonged. That's a poor use of In Media Res if there ever was one for this game.

Still love Milla tho. <3

13 minutes ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

It starts at Aqua Tunnel, and then when you beat it it goes straight to where Neera Li captures Milla and returns her to prison. It tries to play it off with a "28 hours earlier," but that wouldn't have been necessary had they instead started Milla off at Relic Maze from the get go and put Aqua Tunnel between Sky Battlion and Jade Creek where it belonged.

Guess where Aqua Tunnel was placed during development? ;) (By 'during development', I mean back in 2013 or so, long before the original 2014 release)

IIRC, it was moved to the beginning simply because it's a really easy level, much easier than Sky Battalion. I'm so slow and crap I play on Casual, and I can speedrun that level in my sleep, that's how easy it is.

6 minutes ago, RaceProUK said:

Guess where Aqua Tunnel was placed during development? ;) (By 'during development', I mean back in 2013 or so, long before the original 2014 release)

IIRC, it was moved to the beginning simply because it's a really easy level, much easier than Sky Battalion. I'm so slow and crap I play on Casual, and I can speedrun that level in my sleep, that's how easy it is.

I mean, I can tell from that much that it was probably placed after Sky Battalion when it was first being made. But difficulty or no, I still think that the current alternative wasn't a good idea from a narrative perspective - it makes it more awkward and disjointed to follow along after playing through Lilac and Carol.

Even considering it's more relaxed difficulty, I'm not sure how that would have been a problem considering that Milla is actually one of the harder characters to use anyway due to her lack of invincibility frames when attacking. If anything, it would have made for a nice breather level.

But I digress. That was the one thing I've had issue with so far.

I agree it's quite jarring, especially when you know the story well. First time I played Milla's adventure (and so far the only time), I expected a scene rthat shows Milla climbing out of Aqua Tunnel into Relic Maze. So I was rather surprised when Neera turned up, not to mention really confused. But then the '28 hours earlier' appeared, and it clicked into place.

Spoiler

What I'm more bothered by though is the totally random and completely unexplained near-dead Carol in the post-final-boss cutscene. The lack of emotional punch I can live with (I find the scene quite funny actually; there's a hint of Sanka from Cool Runnings in Carol's "No, I'm dead." line), but when did she get hurt so bad? It's totally out of the blue!

• 10 months later...

TimmiT on Retro discovered this.

Congrats to the FP crew:
MgyeJwI.jpg

Gettin dat Nintendo advertising! if you want to see the ad check out the new Paper Mario case for an eShop ad.