Awoo.

Freedom Planet: coming to a Wii U near you! Indie Assault starring Spade is also a thing!

Coral

Eh, their reasoning is sound, and it's not like it's a particularly huge delay. I think I can handle a mere two weeks as long as this is the last one.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Candescence

• Blacklightning

• Coral

tumblr_m09pl9AtPi1qi7deco1_400.gif

I know the wait isn't as long as last time, but goddamn. Tryin' to get mah fix here of this awesome looking game.

At the same time, I don't want it to bomb, so it's either get it early and let it sell poorly, or get it later and let it sell like hot cakes and inspire other gamers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uuuuugh it was SO close!

Eh. I can understand why they're releasing it later, even if the original release date was right at the end of Summer Sales it probably still would've been overshadowed by other games with their epic deals. I can wait another two weeks after June ends, I guess. D:

I've had a chance to play more of the newer demos now, and I'm starting to warm up to the game quite a bit more. The loss of Lilac's Sonic-like spin was sort of jarring at first, but she's still a very fun character to play as. I was watching a gameplay video of Milla (thats the rabbit character's name, right?) in a level called "Aqua Tunnel", and I'm really digging the music from that.

I'll likely snatch this up when it drops in mid July, especially with all of the compliments being paid to it in the last page or so of this thread. It looks like its worthy of not waiting for a sale.

Just curious: have the creators expressed interest in releasing Freedom Planet on consoles or even the 3DS eShop if it does well?

I'd really love to play it, but I only have a MacBook and even the demo lags on it.

Just curious: have the creators expressed interest in releasing Freedom Planet on consoles or even the 3DS eShop if it does well?

I'd really love to play it, but I only have a MacBook and even the demo lags on it.

They're using Multimedia Fusion 2 to make it, and that has extra exporters for Flash, iOS, XNA (Xbox 360 Indie Games), Android, and HTML5.

I dunno if the PS4 and Xbox One support HTML5, but I could theoretically see a Wii U version being possible through the Nintendo Web Framework.

Just a heads-up, a new version of the demo will be out very soon. It's currently backers-only at the moment, so Strife can catch any bugs. I initially posted the link by accident because I didn't realise it was. Whoops, my bad.

Yeah, remember when I said the opening cutscene is rather daring for a game like this? Now everyone will be able to see why. Oh, and it also has the first half of Relic Maze.

Edit: That being said, if anyone wants a link to the maybe not entirely stable version of the new demo, just ask.

• 8 months later...

Excited for this. I finally get the chance to try the game out.

...what was stopping you before? FP can practically run on a toaster. :huh:

...what was stopping you before? FP can practically run on a toaster. :huh:

I just prefer playing stuff on consoles. That and Steam always having issues for me, anyway.

I just prefer playing stuff on consoles. That and Steam always having issues for me, anyway.

Same more or less for me, I also don't have a gamepad for my laptop, and I like my consoles

Damn. I finally bought this during the Steam sale not too long ago, should've just waited for the Wii U version. Oh well, still awesome all the same. =D

So there was DLC for this game right?

There's going to be a free expansion with Torque and Spade made playable with their own stories, along with Milla getting her story mode, but there's been close to radio silence on the matter. They've said it's coming in a few Steam Discussion posts, most recently in January from memory, but that's kind of it.

News about the Wii U version is fantastic; easily earnt a double dip! An old-school SEGA inspired game of this caliber on a hybrid handheld-console Nintendo system is like some kind of amazing fever dream.

And more of a reason to get a Wii U.

I already have this game on steam. But I love these guys so much I'm gonna give them my money for Wii-U...

...first I need to get a Wii-U. Too bad money's tight.

Is it going to be coming to 3DS too at some point? I never participated in the kickstarter so im not really sure if they had it as a stretch goal.

I read a comment from them recently on this; it's clear that they'd like to put it on 3DS, but there are "big obstacles," so I dare say it's not a priority.

Is it going to be coming to 3DS too at some point? I never participated in the kickstarter so im not really sure if they had it as a stretch goal.

Well based on the TSSZ article, they're using Chowdren to port it to Wii U. Apparently Chowdren is also capable of porting to 3DS, Vita and PS4. That's not to say that it will happen, and no one has given any reason why they would want to put it on 3DS, but the potential is there if the Wii U version does well enough I guess. The kickstarter didn't have any promises for any consoles beyond the game being released for the PC with some dlc (and strangely enough a webcomic!), so I'd like to think it's selling well enough that Strife's getting more ambitious in bringing the game to a larger audience.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo not really new news but it hasn't been posted here yet so here we go! Spade from Freedom Planet is apparently gonna star in a crossover indie fighting game called Indie Assault. It has been successfully greenlit on Steam.

Some work in progress shots and artwork are in the spoilers below. (Warning: they are huge!)

Spade concept artwork

212B8eC.png

Work in progress images of the game

bgWgWRD.jpg

HTK7Hfv.jpg

How dare they put a smile on Spade's face. How dare they.

In all seriousness, though, general impressions on Indie Assault haven't been very positive so far, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I already own this game on Steam but after reading up on the extras included in the Wii U version I think it's worth purchasing again :D