Awoo.

Sonic Transformed in the Steam

Woun

There was no evidence of the PC exclusive characters when the Steam page first went up. It was only a few days later when the trailer and screenshots were uploaded and the description was updated to mention them. Hopefully it's just a fail on Sega's part, it's kind of odd how they don't list controller support for some of their games like Jet Set Radio and SA2, even though they do work. It's not listed on ASRT's page either.

Ooohohohoooo! That music! Awesome! :3

I might pick this up as it's going to be on Steam - but I get the impression it's one for playing with friends. I think most people I know who own this have the 360 or PS3 version. Waah. :(

I might pick this up as it's going to be on Steam - but I get the impression it's one for playing with friends. I think most people I know who own this have the 360 or PS3 version. Waah. sad.png

Well it does have an online mode but if you mean like sharing with actual friends in custom games,  u could pm me your steam account otherwise u could also convince your friends to get it. I managed to buy the 4 pack with 2 guys who I had to convince lol. I'm sure they'll like it though

Edited by Djawed

I might pick this up as it's going to be on Steam - but I get the impression it's one for playing with friends. I think most people I know who own this have the 360 or PS3 version. Waah. sad.png

There's a thread in the original Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Steam forum here where people are adding each other. I got about half a dozen new friends from there so it should be good. My Steam ID is in my signature if you want to add me too.

Interesting, Metal Sonic is one of the selectable avatars. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws but that could be a semi-official confirmation that him and Outrun Bay will be there day one. They could still sell them separately though.

Almost done with the PC version... Good job since it's out next week eh? Hence I've been quiet as we've had our heads down getting it sorted...

Fantastic! Perfect speed-run! Is that S0L? Ohoho! The graphics on the PC looks way smoother, and so is the framerate.

It's not me, it's Nick who went from being one of the Balance Team guys to joining up as a Designer. See sometimes it's worth applying when those chances come up. He was actually upset with that time as he felt he was running slow. I think it's acceptable :P

Interesting, Metal Sonic is one of the selectable avatars. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws but that could be a semi-official confirmation that him and Outrun Bay will be there day one. They could still sell them separately though.

Well I can confirm it will be available, but we're not sure how. We've created the DLC package and provided it to SEGA, but they control how it's made available. Might be premium content or it might be bundled. We don't know at the moment. But we've been too busy optimising and cleaning weird Alt-Tab bugs to harass them about it. I'll try and find out before the game hits though.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

So my friends have been saying neither Metal Sonic nor Outrun Bay are available.

I guess it'll be premium content then.

It's a pity that so many people have had issues with it on Steam (I dare you to look at the Steam Community forums, and then their spread to SEGA forums...). The game plays well on my machine that's a few years out of date though.

I mean no offence to the guys at Sumo, but there's a few things that have gone wonky. I've had a few crashes (ASN_App_PcDx9_Final.exe has stopped working), nothing has hindered me so far but it's been irritating, though apparently for some it is flat out prevented progress. The issue with multiple controllers not working properly, rendering the configuration screen useless unless you wanna stick to a keyboard. The online multiplayer seems to be regionlocked, which is fine for random matches for the sake of lag, however it appears no-one can invite people from other regions from their own friends list. Plus it seems to leave Steams inbuilt voice function on by default (unless you turn it off I assume. I can't see it working if people muted their mics >_>).

It's a real pity in the end, as this has grown to be more enjoyable than Mario Kart because it requires more skill for various things, music is great and the track design is interesting. Even if I suck at being in the air.

Plus this:

tumblr_mhiqo5oJ6r1r7rhzfo1_1280.jpg

Look at that smile :'D

• Thumbs Up 7

It's a pity that so many people have had issues with it on Steam (I dare you to look at the Steam Community forums, and then their spread to SEGA forums...). The game plays well on my machine that's a few years out of date though.

I mean no offence to the guys at Sumo, but there's a few things that have gone wonky. I've had a few crashes (ASN_App_PcDx9_Final.exe has stopped working), nothing has hindered me so far but it's been irritating, though apparently for some it is flat out prevented progress. The issue with multiple controllers not working properly, rendering the configuration screen useless unless you wanna stick to a keyboard. The online multiplayer seems to be regionlocked, which is fine for random matches for the sake of lag, however it appears no-one can invite people from other regions from their own friends list. Plus it seems to leave Steams inbuilt voice function on by default (unless you turn it off I assume. I can't see it working if people muted their mics >_>).

It's a real pity in the end, as this has grown to be more enjoyable than Mario Kart because it requires more skill for various things, music is great and the track design is interesting. Even if I suck at being in the air.

Plus this:

tumblr_mhiqo5oJ6r1r7rhzfo1_1280.jpg

Look at that smile :'D

OH LOOK THE DISCO GLOBE IS FIXED ON THE PC VERSION! Damn Sumo, why you lazy out with the textures on the console versions? Is not like they can't render it :S Pixelated textures piss me off so much :/

Edited by Jango

OH LOOK THE DISCO GLOBE IS FIXED ON THE PC VERSION! Damn Sumo, why you lazy out with the textures on the console versions? Is not like they can't render it :S Pixelated textures piss me off so much :/

If it makes you feel worse/better. This isn't even on high quality graphics =P

The console versions can't handle all these textures. PS3/360 are using 6-7 year old tech.

The console versions can't handle all these textures. PS3/360 are using 6-7 year old tech.

My PC isn't much better. They probably could, but it would cost resources that you'd rather be elsewhere more than likely.

My PC isn't much better. They probably could, but it would cost resources that you'd rather be elsewhere more than likely.

And still have a constant, stable 30FPS?

That's that the only added detail in the PC version.

Pay attention to the Hydra in Rogue's Landing on the Third lap.

The Disco Ball is only broken in the PS3 version. Or at least the Wii U version displays it perfectly.

Yeah, the disco ball shows in the Wii U version (it does have higher quality textures than the 360 and PS3 versions). Not quite sure about the effect in Rogue's Landing, though.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Yeah, the disco ball shows in the Wii U version (it does have higher quality textures than the 360 and PS3 versions). Not quite sure about the effect in Rogue's Landing, though.

I own the Wii U version and the PC version, and I never saw the effect in the Wii U one. The rock cave looked like it collapsed by itself, but in the PC version, you can clearly see it was the work of the

the Hydra's own moonstone cannon.

• Thumbs Up 4

I own the Wii U version and the PC version, and I never saw the effect in the Wii U one. The rock cave looked like it collapsed by itself, but in the PC version, you can clearly see it was the work of the

the Hydra's own moonstone cannon.

Man. See because I've not played any other version I didn't know that that wasn't in other versions. It's was so ace when I saw it :'D

I never saw that cannon when I played the Wii U version in my friend's house or any other console version. When I saw the cannon, it *also* caught me off-guard. I was thinking WTF?! Because I thought something new and strange is going to happen.

I'll look out for the disco ball the next time I get my hands on the Wii U version but I'm almost certain the textures are the same as the PS3 version.

EDIT: ...nevermind. -.-

Edited by Merry Ming Shana