Awoo.

Sonic Transformed in the Steam

Woun

EDIT: Actually forget what I said. We still don't know if the game has online play or not.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

EDIT: Actually forget what I said. We still don't know if the game has online play or not.
I thought S0L confirmed online play on PC this time around? Also the Mac version of ASR was released a while ago with online play in tow, unlike the PC one.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I thought S0L confirmed online play on PC this time around? Also the Mac version of ASR was released a while ago with online play in tow, unlike the PC one.

The steam page just says multiplayer. Doesn't say anything about online play.

I hope there's online play this time around.

The steam page just says multiplayer. Doesn't say anything about online play.

I hope there's online play this time around.

Multiplayer on a PC usually means online play or at least LAN, mostly online.

The PC version has online play, according to S0L. When asked about the challenges of developing the PC port, he said the following. 

And we need to rewrite the whole online side so you still have online play, achievements, voice chat and more. 

Full post here. 

The Steam store page not mentioning online play is likely an error. It's suspiciously blank and will probably be updated in the future. 

This is probably the version I'll most likely get, mainly because of the TF2 racer. Hopefully the voices will be more consistent from the vid we saw.

Also, just an fyi,

INFECTED

It's not original, but it's true. I love brains.

This is probably the version I'll most likely get, mainly because of the TF2 racer. Hopefully the voices will be more consistent from the vid we saw.

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure who's voicing the TF2 mercs in this. Some clips sound like they could be the original actors, and others sound off. There's also the possibility they were placeholders, although that seems rather unlikely. 

It's worth noting, however, that both the Pyro and Heavy go through voice filtering in the actual game, so if that were missing here, it would make even the normal actors sound different, especially if they're doing character voices based on memory, or are being directed differently.

Speaking of Team Fortress: if there are promo items in TF2, people getting the retail version of the PC game won't get them, since they'll have to wait for the release day, right?

The Heavy goes through voice filtering?

At the very least, we can hope for mods that allow you to change the sound files.

People say he does, and that Valve actually gave Telltale the settings needed to alter it for Poker Night at the Inventory. I think it's probably just making it slightly deeper but I don't know the specifics.

On the other hand, he sounds quite natural giving the voice in person.

S0L said it's standard in the game like with the Wii U version, if I'm remembering correctly. If so, that means people can actually race Outrun Bay online.

I know it's probably a bit of a long shot, but I'd love for Manager Man & Shogun to appear in the console versions. Mainly because my laptop or PC wouldn't be capable of running ASRT anywhere near smoothly enough :(

Actualy We havent heard anything about metal sonic/outrun Bay, S0L said that stuff is up to Sega Not Sumo :(

Yeah, the PC version will not get Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay on release.

Provide a source please unless you are lying through your teeth.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

Provide a source please unless you are lying through your teeth.

Stop being such an idiot. =/

First of all, I never said it was CONFIRMED. Second of all, S0L said it's still under discussion with SEGA meaning at this time, the Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay DLC will not be included in the release. And we are a week away from release. Besides, wouldn't it say in the Steam description that Outrun Bay and Metal Sonic will be included IF it was included?

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Not necessicarily, it could still be under debate, I am hoping that we do get it this time, unlike last time :( . on another note, I got something new to put up, so keep your eyes out