Awoo.

Man shoots his Girlfriend in the back...for not taking a possible zombie apocalypse seriously

Abominal SnowTaz

First off, what the fuck.

So my instructor posted this news on Facebook and when I read the headline fully, I had a mental facepalm moment. Check this out.

An argument over the likelihood of a zombie apocalypse becoming a reality ended with a woman getting shot in the back by her boyfriend.

According to Nassau County Detective Lt. Raymond Cote, 26-year-old Jared Gurman of Long Island had an "ongoing debate" with his girlfriend Jessica Gelderman, 27, about whether AMC's The Walking Dead could play out in real life.

"He feels strongly about the possibility that some military mishap could occur. She thinks it's ridiculous," Cote told reporters. "She was not taking him seriously or taking the show as seriously as he does."

In the early hours of Monday morning, a text exchange between the two became heated, and Gelderman went to Gurman's apartment to calm him down.

However, Gurman, who greeted her with a .22 caliber assault rifle, refused her efforts to defuse the situation, and as soon as she entered the apartment, Gurman shot her in the back.

"Her injuries are a shattered rib, a pierced lung, a pierced diaphragm and she is in serious, but stable condition," Cote said, noting that Gurman drove Gelderman to the hospital himself.

Police arrested Gurman at the hospital and charged him with attempted second-degree murder.

http://gawker.com/5965883/man-shoots-girlfriend-in-the-back-for-not-taking-the-possibility-of-a-zombie-apocalypse-seriously

Now how goddamn petty do you have to be to do this? All because somebody doesn't believe in zombies being the end of the world as hard as you do? Jesus. What next? Someone doesn't take milk and cookies seriously? 

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes no sense whatsoever. I mean The Walking Dead, if you're so into that stuff that you believe zombie attacks will happen, ok, more power to you. Does that call for you to try and kill someone because they're not as big a fanboy as you are?

1567794_o.gif

When I saw this thread, I sighed and literally facepalmed because of how unbelievably and embarassingly stupid this is. And also, if this shit-for-brains dumbass actually believes in a potential zombie apocalypse I'd think that he would know that every human survivor is an asset, which just makes this whole thing even more retarded.

What's that, NRA? You still think everyone should have a gun and everything will be better? A lot of good that'll do someone if their back is turned while their boyfriend pulls a gun on them. I'm sure you'll tastelessly use this incident to continue to attack mainstream entertainment soon enough; it's clearly a threat to the country with their encouragement of gun violence, and I'm sure that it's The Walking Dead's fault that this happened.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 2

What's that, NRA? You still think everyone should have a gun and everything will be better? A lot of good that'll do someone if their back is turned while their boyfriend pulls a gun on them. I'm sure you'll tastelessly use this incident to continue to attack mainstream entertainment soon enough; it's clearly a threat to the country with their encouragement of gun violence.

Ex-fucking-actly dude! The make sense thing to do here is pull guns entirely so shit like this doesn't happen but, no they have to pull a "two negatives = a positive" bullshit play and say more guns will fix guns.

This is what happens when you take a TV show too seriously inb4saysthebrony

What can I say, this news doesn't phase me anymore, though That's not to say I don't care. Idiot probably had a plethora of mental problems

Our fellow Americans seem to be getting more retarded by the days, aren't they? I mean it's common knowledge that he doesn't represent every American, but the news just love point out someone who deserves a Darwin Award these days and the most common recipient are Americans.

• Thumbs Up 6

The sane thing to do when someone refuses to take a zombie apocalypse seriously is just to leave them behind to fend them off on their own. That'll show 'em.

Of course, when someone has to beg the question of "what zombies?", then it also begs the question of who's not taking what seriously enough.

Shit like this makes me wish that there were mass suicides yesterday. That way with all these loonies gone, mankinds IQ could increase by a fraction.

• Thumbs Up 3

*facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* what the heck is wrong with the world today, I seriously need to start taking meds from how stupid some of this stuff is, but atleast the girls okay. On a side note im afraid to say sonic unleashed is my favorite game in the world now.

And you wonder why I hate arguing with people who say the media we watch or play is related to shooting and stuff, its your fault for thinking that is real or just taking it too seriously.

You know, even if he WAS right and there WAS a zombie apocalypse, the last logical thing to do would be to gun down what could potentially be your only companion in the coming outbreak.

So he'd fail in a zombie apocalypse about as much as he already fails in normal society.

• Thumbs Up 4

Tune in tomorrow to see the NRA blame the Walking Dead instead of the availability of assault rifles. Seriously, I don't see why assault rifles are needed. Really, the only causes for this are mentally instability and access to weapons; nothing else.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hasn't Cracked already made a point that a zombie apocalypse of any sort wouldn't last five minutes? Between environmental hazards, the military, bites being a terrible method of spreading a virus, among other things, the likelyhood of any zombie apocalypse going anywhere is ridiculously slim.

Hasn't Cracked already made a point that a zombie apocalypse of any sort wouldn't last five minutes? Between environmental hazards, the military, bites being a terrible method of spreading a virus, among other things, the likelyhood of any zombie apocalypse going anywhere is ridiculously slim.

It really depends on how far the virus is permitted to spread (and indeed where it also begins), before world governments take notice and send in the military.

Tune in tomorrow to see the NRA blame the Walking Dead instead of the availability of assault rifles. 

If they want to shoot themselves in the foot and ally Video Games with Television and Movies against the War on Violent Media even more, I'd love to see them try.

You left out the most important part: Your assailant is a rotting corpse.  Even under the best conditions that's not going to last long.  

Although that article does only seem to take into account on type of zombie, but then the more realistic "airborne agent that makes you a zombie" style scenario really just make the pathogen or whatever the greater threat and then it's hardly different from any other plague.