Awoo.

Application Error (0xc0000142) when trying to load Sonic Generations PC

First of all, I just got my new laptop (Toshiba Satellite S855D) that runs on Windows 8. It has AMD A10-4600M for the CPU and the GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7660G (which is integrated with the CPU; not dictated). Sonic Generations runs on my computer perfectly when playing with low resolutions (640 x 480, 800 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 600, 1024 x 768) and details.

Anyway, when CPKREDIR is enabled (which allows me to play Sonic Generations with mods), I tried running SonicGenerations.exe, and suddenly an error message shows up:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.

That error is fixed when CPKREDIR is disabled, but I can't use the mods! angry.png Is there a way to fix that error to  run SonicGenerations.exe properly with mods enabled? (If yes, can you come up with a solution?) Has anyone experienced this error mentioned above? I'm a noob BTW because I really can't figure out with the error.

Thanks in advance! smile.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faseeh

• Sean

• Da Blu Hedgie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Use Sonic GMI instead of CPKREDIR, then delete a very small file that's name starts with 'GraphcisConfig' in Program Files > Steam > steamapps> common> Sonic Generations. I forgot the file type. Finally go to the configurations tool and save the settings. Hope that helped.

Use Sonic GMI instead of CPKREDIR, then delete a very small file that's name starts with 'GraphcisConfig' in Program Files > Steam > steamapps> common> Sonic Generations. I forgot the file type. Finally go to the configurations tool and save the settings. Hope that helped.

I tried that method, but when I run SonicGenerations.exe it still gives me an error. sad.png

First of all, I just got my new laptop (Toshiba Satellite S855D) that runs on Windows 8. It has AMD A10-4600M for the CPU and the GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7660G (which is integrated with the CPU; not dictated). Sonic Generations runs on my computer perfectly when playing with low resolutions (640 x 480, 800 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 600, 1024 x 768) and details.

Anyway, when CPKREDIR is enabled (which allows me to play Sonic Generations with mods), I tried running SonicGenerations.exe, and suddenly an error message shows up:

That error is fixed when CPKREDIR is disabled, but I can't use the mods! angry.png Is there a way to fix that error to  run SonicGenerations.exe properly with mods enabled? (If yes, can you come up with a solution?) Has anyone experienced this error mentioned above? I'm a noob BTW because I really can't figure out with the error.

Thanks in advance! smile.png

I don't know reinstall sonic gmi and cpkredir huh.png , I don't have much to say to you, because A. I am a no good piratedry.png (with a legit xbox 360 copy biggrin.png  and a not so legit pc copysleep.png ) I can use mods fine thoughlaugh.png B. Generations runs at a snail's pace on my laptop C. I have windows 7 

I guess this error is caused by cpkredir.dll, extracted from the cpkredir040.zip file, so I replaced with the same DLL file from cpkrdir031.zip, run SonicGenerations.exe with mods enabled and runs perfectly without error. Problem solved. smile.png