Awoo.

Disturbing things you found in Sonic?

Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx making my first topic, I hope this goes well and doesn't get locked.

So, we find funny things in Sonic, we find strange things in Sonic, now let's find disturbing things in Sonic. They don't have to be frightening, but can be about things that creeped you out somehow.

To start off, in Sonic Triple Trouble, the first fight you have with Eggman is in a Pogo Mobile. The yellow triangles on his cape make it look like he's fighting you in the nude...

Any other things you found creepy one way or another, please post it!

inb4 Tails Doll.

One of the only things I've found somewhat disturbing in Sonic is the way Dark Gaia dies. I don't know why, the way he just like...melts away...

It's a little creepy.

Edited by Haden

sonicnf2_8681.jpg

And the

he makes... fuck, people, Spinball should have been a light game, not a nightmare fest. Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 1

SonicCDsega.png

This thing right here. I don't know what the hell it's supposed to be other than a demonic looking Sonic telling you that "Fun is Infinite with Sega Enterprises. Signed....Majin." Depending on how you translate it, Majin can mean "Demon" which could represent the Devil. Is Sonic trying to tell us that Video Game Characters like him are the root of all evil?

Doesn't help that this is what plays in the background with the US soundtrack...

• Thumbs Up 6

sonicnf2_8681.jpg

And the

he makes... fuck, people, Spinball should have been a light game, not a nightmare fest.

Though the image won't show up (and I'm too lazy to click the link), I assume you're talking about Scorpius?

Also, how bout the US game over music?

In G Major, it's downright Giygas level creepy.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Frenzy Sonic and Void Sonic.

Creepiest Sonic forms ever.

It's pretty difficult to believe that these...things are actually Sonic if you don't initially know that they are;

Purple-Wisp.pngViolet-Wisp.png

The way he behaves in these forms is downright freaky. The way Frenzy Sonic mindlessly rampages about eating anything in his way and growling in an rabid animalistic way makes you honestly wonder how much of his mind is intact whilst the way Void Sonic actually consumes Frigate Skullian at approximately 1:30 into this video...

Is incredibly strange.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've always found that the mirror section of Amy's Twinkle Park is rather creepy because of the music. The baby laugh doesn't help either.

Edited by Haden
  • Thumbs Up 4

Void Sonic actually looks like Spiritomb, come to think of it...

... ah. You saw my earlier post about it, didn't you?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Just listen to this. It is already a very unnerving song, and then there's a sudden stop of all sound whenever the snares pop up... very creepy.

My sister hates Carnival Night's music because it reminds her of clowns. Can't say I blame her.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds Sonic's struggling for breath during the underwater countdown seriously unsettling...

• Thumbs Up 2

This; specifically, look at the center:

rouge.png

This is just... wow. Seriously, Sega, there is such a thing as being too detailed...

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 7

In the cartoons, Sonic did not have eyelids. This is what he is supposed to look like with eyes "closed":

shot2r.png

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 6

I was just going to put the Sonic Adventure drowning because you can actually see his eyes roll backwards when he dies.

• Thumbs Up 5

Knuckles in Twinkle Park

If you actually manage to get past the first section (racing track) and climb down to the second.. a red myst covers the screen

I was just going to put the Sonic Adventure drowning because you can actually see his eyes roll backwards when he dies.

In the DC version they do that in a cutscene too.

Well, one of them does.

• Thumbs Up 1

[Ninja Edit to be being Ninja'd]:

Mephiles' Whisper anyone? It's that Piano that gets me....it sounds so unnatural...

Edited by Sly-in-a-stocking
  • Thumbs Up 3

So imagine this: you're enjoying a wonderful afternoon at Twinkle Park. After having a go in the bumper karts, riding on the merry-go-round, and spending some time lounging by the pool, you decide to go off and see what other fun attractions the day has in store. With the sound of laughter and joy ringing all around, you pass by a bowling carnival game and roller coaster, and eventually find yourself wandering into a mysterious castle. Suddenly, you look around and see nothing but your own reflection. "Oh, how fun!" you think to yourself. "A hall or mirrors!"

You venture further into the hall, and as you journey deeper you begin to have trouble navigating. You take a step, only to find what you thought was a path was simply a mirror. You turn and take another step- but again a mirror. Step once more- mirror. Step-mirror. Step-mirror. Step.

You hear a noise. Your heart stops. The joyful sound you heard outside the castle walls ceases. In it's place, a simple melody. You run deeper into the halls, desperate to find your way out. Step-mirror. Step-mirror. Step-mirror. Everywhere you look, everywhere you go, a mirror. You call out for help. No one answers. The music continues. You run faster. Step-mirror. Step-mirror. Step-mirror. You reach a corner. The mirrors surround you, but you do not run anymore. You know running is useless. You fall to the ground. You succumb to the mirrors, you succumb to the music. You no longer hear anything but the sound of a baby's laughter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6IbOrTo_pE

edit: Ninja'd DX

Edited by Blazing Yule Log
  • Thumbs Up 4

Thinking about Alf Layla again...I never considered it anything but a generic weak point before, but are you pounding on his fucking heart to damage him?

1mQ2E.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Everything in Sonic 06. But special shout out goes to 06's pregnant Eggman with bottlecap nipples and blue eyes that belong to serial killers.

Thinking about Alf Layla again...I never considered it anything but a generic weak point before, but are you pounding on his fucking heart to damage him?

1mQ2E.png

Yep. It's even pulsates and you can see the veins covering it.

Darkspine is vicious blink.png

• Thumbs Up 6