Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I know Civ's got 3 more iterations but here I am, being an old yote and playing Civilization III again. The Age of Imperialism mod just has a magic to it.

I played as Austria-Hungary with the plan to roleplay as Franz Ferdinand if the previous Emperor was assassinated in 1898. ... I've tried to limit my conquests on the idea of real world diplomacy (e.g. the French and Russians would not appreciate me just eating half of Europe), but it's been hard because military alliances in Civ 3 are, in a word, stupid, and we have insanity like Japan declaring war on Uruguay, Ethiopia declaring war on the USA, and some logical wars like Germany declaring war on France. 

At present I'm holding onto half of Europe anyway with plans to give a lot of it away... once things settle down. 

Currently messing around with F-Zero 99. Even though it wasn't the new entry in the series I had wanted, it's actually pretty decent and surprisingly addictive.

I now play classic Sonic games that available online, like Sonic CD or Triple Trouble. Currently trying to beat STH 8 bit!:gofast:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:00 PM, Phoenix said:

Playing WoW Classic Hardcore, and wow, it's a totally different experience. I actually like WoW again.

wow this is very cool!! I also played WoW for a long time, there were 3 characters of level 90. There were times when through work I used this service to pump my account. Perhaps you will be useful now or in the future if you meet with something difficult) I wish you good luck!! announce your achievements!):ok:

Tears of the Kingdom.

4 and a half months (and probably well over 300 hours put into this beast overall) and I still need to actually beat the endgame.

There's so much in this world to enjoy and mess around with, I'll never be done. <3 

• 1 month later...

Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch) - I just wrapped this up.  Fingers and wrists still stiff and aching from a final-final level that I think went a bit too hard on the difficulty.  But that's not representative of the rest of the game, which is easy-going and, when difficult, still pretty breezy and fun.  Super Mario Bros. Wonder may not be quite as epochal as some reviewers promised, but it is a very good and very original Mario game, the first in a long time to make 2D Mario feel new and fresh and more than a little bit weird.  It's a shame, but I think in terms of pure fun it trounces Sonic Superstars pretty handily.

There are just a couple of aspects in which it fails, aspects I'm a little surprised not to have seen alluded to in more reviews.  One is that the world and map interaction is extremely limited; truncated, even.  Many area maps have free-roaming areas where you can pick levels in whatever order you like, and World 4 has a lot of fun little secret interactions, but overall the worlds broadly feel rather tediously linear, and the explorability of the world map isn't really used for anything.  They're beautiful maps and they feel great to wander around, but it all feels very aimless when there isn't really anything to discover.  The second is bosses.  Some people don't really think they work in the Mario formula, but I really like bosses and, however poorly some of them may have been executed, Sonic Superstars really delivered in that respect.  Wonder does not.  It cuts them way back to the bone, possibly beyond.  There are so few bosses in this game that it feels like they're only there at all out of a sort of obligation.  This is a real shame as I think there is all sorts of potential fun to be had by combining past Mario bosses with Wonder effects, or using Wonder effects to come up with new ones altogether (and what are the bosses of Yoshi's Island if not de facto Wonder effect bosses?  The bosses of the original New Super Mario Bros., even?).  Related to this is the fact that some of the game's worlds are sort of... bite-size?  They're barely half the size of their counterparts.  I appreciate that maybe the intention is to have breather worlds, or to experiment with the format, but I left those worlds feeling short-changed, as if they were incomplete.

It's actually been quite a few years since I last bought a Mario platformer.  But overall I had a great time with Super Mario Bros. Wonder - enough to hope that there will be a sequel in a few years which pushes the concept further and addresses the areas where I think the title fell short.  It's been an enjoyable couple of weeks for playing platformers.  Well, back to the RPGs...

I've just got RoboCop Rouge City for my Xbox Series X today and will be playing that later on. I love the movies 🎥 too.

Edit: Just played the first hour of RoboCop Rouge City been enjoying the game so far It captures everything from the movies.

Edited by sonicclaasic

• 2 weeks later...

Currently playing:

Slay the Princess, been playing that since I bought it a few days ago. It's pretty good.

Placid Plastic Duck Simulator, very chill game. Nice to just leave it running and watching my duckies floating around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing my favorite Turok game, Turok 3! It got a remaster and it was released about a week ago. I've already beat the game as every character, and on every difficulty level too.

On my bus trips to work, have been replaying Devil May Cry 5 on my Steam Deck. The fact that I'm playing this game portably still blows my mind, fr. But there's no better game to get stimulated, and shake the sleepiness out than mashing some buttons, absolutely love it still.

• 2 weeks later...

My backlog is so F- up i can't really tell what i'm currently playing anymore

What I last played this morning was Bayonetta 1 on the switch. Good game, preparing myself for Bayonetta 2.

• 1 month later...

Bouncing around a few games; currently on Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Spirits, but I've gone to Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate as well.

I'm currently playing ROCKET KNIGHT (2010) and I'm ready to have Sparkster back this year in the compilation (of his three first adventures) entitled ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES : RE-SPARKED!!...

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the gaming I've done has been in my vain attempt at streaming on Twitch, which the last games there were Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore (fun game, though the sudden serious scenes in a game inspired by the Zelda CD-i games REALLY threw me off) and Batman: Arkham City (a classic; finished the main game and will try to wrap up a few loose ends before taking on the DLC.) I'm taking a break for a week, but I'll likely continue the Arkham series as well as resume my I.M. Meen playthrough and start a Commander Keen series playthrough /shamefulplug

Otherwise, I caved and got the final three DLC episodes for Dragon Ball Z: Kararot. Tempted to stream them but I figured I'd play something for myself. Finished the Bardock chapter... can't say how I feel about it. The endings was kinda depressing, but you also played through two planets (three counting the Prince Vegeta episode afterwards) basically committing genocide, so maybe it should be a fitting end...?

Literally just started the Tournament DLC. Wasn't expecting to start by fighting King Piccolo, which I actually do like.

I'm binging Sonic Superstars ATM. Trying to max my rank in battle mode so I can unlock everything. But I'm also bouncing between Mario Wonder, and Sonic Origins Plus because 17 Sonic games in one place is hard for me to resist so I keep coming back to it (I count Sonic 3 & Knuckles as two games because they were initially released separately).

I’ve been playing In Stars and Time. Picked it up because the premise was interesting to me and I’m really enjoying it so far. I’ve got a long way to go in terms of the story, but the characters are so charming. I also like that the premise gives me the incentive to experiment with the characters abilities. Not something I generally feel like doing when I play RPGs after a certain point.

Glad they had a demo too, so I could see if the black and white colour scheme would cause any issues for me. Luckily the game is mostly “simple” in appearance.

I’ve also been playing a lot of Side Order. Trying to break to play other things because I’ve definitely been overplaying it.

Edited by Kittea

Since Sonic Heroes and Sonic Battle recently turned 20, I'm replaying both of those. Just blitzed through all of Team Sonic's missions with the Chaos Emeralds all A Ranked. The Gamecube version feels so much better and more enjoyable to play for the very first time after being stuck with the PS2 port.

• 3 weeks later...

GTA: SA, im around halfway through the game and im really enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Final Fantasy Rebirth and Mario Wonder. Been 100%ing Mario Wonder with a friend as far as Fluff Puff Peaks,

and Not sure the best way to tackle the elephant that is Rebirth. I'm doing quests in the grass lands. Trying to figure out how to gain AP for my weapons.

Since it came out (on Switch) last week it’s been all about Freedom Planet 2. An incredible sequel that was well worth the 10 year wait.