Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Getting back into Splatoon, haven't played it in a few months. So many new levels and weapons... im loving it! 

Tranformers Devastation is surprisingly fun. Of course, I love that corny 80s Transformers cartoon, and hearing that this was kind of a love letter to that made me interested. It's pretty faithful, though Megatron turning into a tank is a bit odd. Ah well.

I'm playing the PS4 version, if you wish to know.

Copped Bayonetta 2, along with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and Tomb Raider Definitive for my XB1.

All of them are pretty fucking fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smash 3DS and Project CARS have been getting quite a bit of playtime with all the DLC released for both games. MGS V: Phantom Pain and Skyrim are my next largest time sinks.

Been playing some Sonic Generations, finishing some challenges and whatnot. Still fun.

I've also been playing some Mario Kart 8, getting a hang of 150cc since I've usually been playing in 100cc before now.

I finally bought Majora's Mask 3DS and I'm waiting it to arrive. I can't wait to play it, I loved Ocarina of Time and The Link Between Worlds. I'm currently playing Sonic 1, 2, 3&K and CD. I did also buy both Adventures for PC and play some Generations occasionally. Dang it, I have too much leisure time on sick leave. xD I only play on evenings, though. You gotta find a good balance between working out, family, video games and sleep.

I'm still playing Tales of the Abyss, already finished the game and just going through Very Hard mode. I'm just actually starting to get back in to it after a bit of a lengthy break and try for the optional bosses and extra stuff. After doing that, I might actually play Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon some time later, just when I get the chance to that is.

Transformers: War for Cybertron.

I've been interested in this game, but until now, I never got around to nabbing a copy. It's a fun game, and while dark, it remains faithful to the characters all the same.

Graphics are kind of drab, but given the location, what it's known for, and the fact that the game lives up to its name, it works in this scenario.

I'm still on the Decepticon campaign, though; I'll get to the Autobot campaign once I'm done.

I won a download code for the Indie Game, Freeze Me, in a twitter give away, and have completed the first world

I'm really enjoying it so far, it's a huge throwback to Super Mario 64 and other similar 3D platformers of that era. The thing setting it apart is the protagonist's camera that freezes things in place for a time. I still have some way to go, but I'd recommend it to those who miss that style of platformer now that Mario's gone a bit more linear and Yooka Laylee is still several months away.

• 3 weeks later...

After putting in major time to storm through Shin Megami Tensei IV this week, I finally finished it... sort of.  I was given the option to return the world to nothing, and took it.  I... wasn't entirely sure if it'd be a real ending or just something that'd throw me straight back to where I was, but no, it fully cuts the game short of what I know the real endings are and requires me to play through the whole game again to get a proper ending.  Well, quite apart from the fact that I really don't have time to, then... it took only a moment's reflection for me to accept this ending as the game's true ending for me.  I wouldn't have chosen it if I didn't mean it.  To me, this is a good ending.  I'm happy with it.

A rom hack of Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen known as Ash's Quest.  Basically all the graphics and geographies from the base game, but with a few tweaks to make it resemble the Indigo League saga from the anime.  Just made it to Brock.  You'd think that he would open his eyes after 20 years.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, excellent game and music, my problem with the game is that it has the Sonic Adventure camera. You know what I mean.

Recently been playing Sonic Adventure DX on Steam. I've been doing two other character stories last night and did a few of the missions so far.

2 hours ago, ebongrey23 said:

Recently been playing Sonic Adventure DX on Steam. I've been doing two other character stories last night and did a few of the missions so far.

Ha, I did start playing that, too. ^_^Never played the Adventures before. Only 3D games I have touched are Unleashed, Generations and Lost World.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Final Fantasy VII, with MODS - The Beacause re-translation, the Anxious Heart soundtrack fixerupper, and updated models, 60FPS battles, etc.... I've never played it before! It's kind of incredible how madly ambitious the whole thing is for the PS1. And whilst I've only got a few summons so far, they are all hilarious. I mean, look at this guy - he's just staring down at yr enemies like 'You done fucked up'.

maxresdefault.jpg

Because I seem to be RPG crazy, I am playing Zelda - Spirit Tracks as well. Chosen over Phantom Hourglass because I like trains more than boats. Joe Intellectual...

I've interrupted Lufia: The Legend Returns (a.k.a. the world's slowest game owing to its unimaginably boring dungeon system) and Dementium Remastered (...that second boss is really tough) to play a couple of other games.  One was Parascientific Escape: Cruise In The Distant Seas, a very short visual novel / escape type of game, a combination I really enjoy.  It's not amazing by a long chalk, but it has just enough going to keep me satisfied, and its clairvoyance/telekinesis gameplay is actually quite a clever idea that keeps things interesting.  (Edit: It's also worth noting that the same developer has a whole bunch of "Escape Adventure" titles that I've been wanting to see localised forever, so I hope we'll see more of those now.)  I've also started on Bravely Second and keep on being distracted by grinding through its bizarre minigames, like the supremely pointless idle clicker Chompcraft, and the reconstruction of Fort-Lune that prevents me from ever turning my 3DS off.  The latter is less interestingly-designed than I remember Norende Village being, and the plot in general so far is kind of uneven, beginning with a rather abrupt opening and a fairly dark set of subsequent events but which has now taken a bizarre turn for the comedic and light-hearted.

I've been playing Street Fighter V, which I really like alongside two JRPGs- Earthbound on 3DS and Trails in the sky on PC.

Started playing this on my 3DS a few days ago. Got it off the eShop.

1433524620-popolocrois.jpg

Hot D@MN is it good to play one of these again. This series went on a painful hiatus for the LONGEST time.

First one I played was the original on the PSP and that was by far the best game on the PSP to me.

Going back to Skylanders SuperChargers. After months of pacing myself in order to savour the experience, I completed the story.

Man, what a great game.

Currently playing Tom Clancy's The Division. Some pretty good stuff, it'll work as a game that I can waste a lot of hours. I like the loot grind and it's really well-done atmosphere, visuals, world-building, and level design.

I'm taking a break from Fates so I got Pokemon Yellow last night and I've been going with a Cardfight Vanguard theme with Aichi and Kai being the names of the main characters respectively and generally trying to name my team after the cards in the series. So my team looks like...

Pikachu (Blaster): Lv 16 Thundershock/Double Team/Quick Attack/Thunder Wave

Butterfree (Kami): Lv 15 Tackle/PoisonPowder/Sleep Powder/Confusion

Mankey (Ezel): Lv 17 Scratch/Leer/Low Kick/Karate Chop

Pidgey (Altmile): Lv 14 Gust/Sand Attack/Quick Attack

Bulbasaur (Venus Trap but I made the mistake of not using Muse, her actual name): Lv 11 Tackle/Growl/Leech Seed

Charmander (Overlord as in Dragonic Overlord): Lv 10 Scratch/Growl/Ember

I just got Bulbasaur and Charmander and I need to grind the former because I have yet to battle Misty and I want to be ready for her. I was lucky to even made it through Mt. Moon with minimal items cause my Butterfree was the last pokemon left with 1HP. Geez I never got put into a corner like that before. This playthrough of Yellow is putting me on edge.

I've also been playing Nier, Jak and Daxter, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. Nier is an alright game. I like its story and visuals but for the most part its pretty weird. And oddly enough it reminds me of Zelda with RPG elements tacked on. The characters and how they interact with each other is my favorite part. What to say about Jak and Daxter other than its fun and it reminds me a bit of Banjo and Kazooie? Though I'm not liking the plane level since I can barely control it. And finally Ken's Rage is a surpriser for me. It looks really good, it looks more than cinematic. They didn't make it anime styled too which is surprising but they made it look so cool. Its hard to explain. The game itself is Dynasty Warriors with Fist of the North Star characters that abridges the manga since you get straight to Shin in the second level. Its fun and very pretty.

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam has shown me that I really hate the direction the series is going, so I decided to wash the bad taste out of my mouth and replay Partners In Time. I know people say it's the weakest in the series (or at least they did before Dream Team came out), but I'm having a blast. It's so much simpler and doesn't overblow everything like later games in the series have.

After this, I'm gonna check out the indie game FreezeMe. Looks like a great Mario Galaxy-esque platformer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually have been playing Paper Jam the past week or so. It's good... but that's all it has been, and it's all I think it'll ever amount to. I'm not the biggest BIS fan in the world, but it's a shame that we haven't had a Mario RPG reach that consistent level of quality since.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much constantly playing Xenoblade Chronicles X. As of this writing, I've clocked in somewhere around 340 hours since launch day on my main file. At this point, I'm mostly either recruiting other player characters to help me farm for gear (I look exclusively for people with Treasure Sensor augments), trying to kill Tyrants, or taking on the Global Nemeses. I also burned through most of my reward tickets to get myself an Ares 90, which is pretty useful for the gear hunting, as well as Nemesis battles, though the downside is that all its gear is unique and therefore not customizable (you can place augments on it, but I haven't messed with Skell augments much, yet--working on my ground gear loadout). I'm honestly amazed I still don't find myself bored with this game, even though I've cleared all story-related content at this point, but I think its biggest strength is how it encourages you to experiment and try things, with little punishment for it. While I've found myself occasionally going to the e-manual, or even online, for clarification on things, I have a much better understanding of the game and how it works, so it's a lot of fun to try new things and see what happens. I'm currently playing around with a regular Full Metal Jaguar set up (the same as Elma's), after bouncing around other melee weapons like the Longsword and Photon Saber (my second favorite), but I'll probably try some other styles and weapons soon--I just really like dual guns and they pair extremely well with most weapons.

I have created another account on my Wii U and started a second save file, but I only mess with it once in a while. Having a much better understanding of the game has helped with things that I admittedly had difficulty with before, and it's fun going back to square one with that knowledge.

Besides X, I've bounced around a few other games. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride on my DS; it's a bit slowgoing, but I think I've finally found some appreciation for the Dragon Quest series. I think as I'm older and more patient, these games finally make some sense to me, but I can only play these games in bursts anyway. Right now, I've just raised Zenithia castle, and I've just been hunting for some monsters to recruit (it takes a while...) but I'm going to go back into the main story because I really want to see how this one ends. I might eventually go back to Dragon Quest VIII since I've been enjoying V as I have, and I might pick up the 3DS re-release of VII this Summer.

Also been playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. I've never actually completed a game in this series, so I'm trying to change that. I enjoy the M&L games' style and humor, and it's quite a bit different from Paper Mario's. I'm up to what I assume is the last boss (Bowletta), so hopefully I'll get around to finishing that up and crossing this one off my list. The game's writing has had me laughing at several moments, and I'm charmed by the setting and the cast of characters. The battle system's fast pace is also enjoyable.

And speaking of Paper Mario... all the talk I've been seeing about Color Splash has encouraged to pick up the older games again. I've beaten the first two years ago when they first came out, and loved them, and while I REALLY enjoyed Super Paper Mario I somehow never finished it (mostly because I get easily distracted) so I intend to change that this year. My current plan is to play and complete the first three, at least (Paper Mario 64, Thousand-Year Door, and Super Paper Mario). Right now I'm playing PM64 on Wii U Virtual Console, completed the first two chapters. I've had a lot of fun revisiting this one, and I'm amazed so much of it is still pretty fresh in my mind. Granted, I did play it on Wii VC a few years ago, but I don't recall playing it to finish or anything (I want to say I was quite close to the end, though).

I've always enjoyed the style of the first Paper Mario, and while the story is that simple "Bowser kidnaps Peach" scenario, a lot of its appeal comes from the writing and characterization--everyone is just really funny and interesting, and I enjoy just walking up to characters and using Goombario's tattle to shed some light on minor little details about them. It's not important, obviously, but little things like that just make the world more enjoyable. I remember being surprised the first time I saw friendly Goombas and Koopas, and it's another thing I've always loved about the series and would like to see return one of these days. While I'm not a big fan of Princess Peach, I think her portrayal in these games softened my opinion on her (mostly because she's just there in the main series and kind of a boring character--unless she's playable, then she's quite fun), and even when she's holed up she still manages to be active and useful on Mario's adventure. Looking back, she had moments like this in games like SMB3 where she'd occasionally send you P-Wings and 1UPs, but here we get to see her doing things and helping out in her own way.

I'm currently up to Chapter 3, "The 'Invincible Tubba Blubba," which was one of my favorites, especially for the unique enemy type and seeing the Boos.

Whew, that's... kind of a lot actually, but I've been meaning to post something in here for a while, so now y'all know what I'm up to game-wise.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, I'm playing Pokémon Yellow on my 3DS as well. I'm just outside Rock Tunnel. Currently shuffling around my team a bit, but the ones I'm using the most currently are Pikachu, Charmelon, Ivysaur, Wartortle, Gyarados, Nidorino and Drowzee. Haven't decided which starter I want with me to the end, but I know I'll have Pikachu (may ask someone to help me evolve him into a Raichu near the end) and probably Nidoking. Maybe I'll add Mew for the hell of it, not sure yet. I'm trying to replicate a playthrough I was working on last year before my internal battery up and died.

Edited by Zaysho