Awoo.

Wraith

Yep, this does explain why Ozai always preferred Azula over Zuko. Makes me think this was another reason why he was going to kill Zuko when Azulon was close to passing on before Ursa did her 'thing.'

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so for a more analytical view of the comic, it's definitely an improvement over the last one. In The Promise, the troubles seemed to be frequently forced and out of character. That being said, I wasn't too much a fan of the twist. Two reasons: first because it invalidates much of Zuko's character arc in the series and comics; second because Ozai is

much more interesting as a villain if he condemns his own son for lack of perfection, than just not caring because he's not his own; not to mention is really undermines his preference of Azula since it's nothing more than a question of bloodline.

It's not terrible, but still quite an unecessary twist that doesn't fit the theme of the show neither its writing standards (or even to the rest of The Search itself). Ursa's note can be read pretty ambiguously, however, so we still have to check what events will unroll. I'm certain this is a new plot course because the writers didn't known that a comic series would be possible once the series was over. Something as important as Zuko not being Ozai's son would've been addressed in the main show if it had been planned from the start. Regardless of that, I still hope it's a fake twist, and at this point it's not unlikely.

Edited by Dr. Homem
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sneak Peek of The Search Part 2:

64217_359391507511562_73463890_n.jpg

It's most likely a hallucination or a dream, which makes me wonder if the letter found in Azula's boot wasn't legitimate. Otherwise, Azula wouldn't be hallucinating that Zuko still deserves the throne.

If it's not a hallucination, and this Ursa is the real one, then...the plot thickens further.

Edited by Joshua

I'm rather curious about if/how Azula develops during this story. On one hand, like Homem pointed out earlier in this topic, she has been much better written as a villain and for her to potentially to turn good by the end of this would feel really contrived. On the other hand, I do want to see her have some closure with her mother and not be stuck in 'delusional crazy' mode to which she'll never fully recover from.

I personally want to see Azula have a happy ending, the idea that she get booted out and turned into an outcast is way to cruel.

I think the best way for this to end would be to have her decide her own destiny by leaving, and never being heard from again. I mean she can be on better terms with Zuko I guess, but there should still be that feeling of sibling rivalry there.

Because yea, I can't see Azula pulling a full face turn, tragic she may be it doesn't really excuse all of the nasty shit she's done.

So Avatar: Legend of Korra (Book 1) will be available for purchase on July 16th. It's the first time a Nickelodeon series is going to be available in Blu-ray format. It even has exclusive commentaries!

KorraBluRayCover.jpg

I usually get DVD's when I buy television series (they're more portable) as opposed to Blu-ray, but if there are exclusive features I really can't resist.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Avatar: Legend of Korra (Book 1) will be available for purchase on July 16th. It's the first time a Nickelodeon series is going to be available in Blu-ray format. It even has exclusive commentaries!

KorraBluRayCover.jpg

I usually get DVD's when I buy television series (they're more portable) as opposed to Blu-ray, but if there are exclusive features I really can't resist.

God yes.

I've been waiting ages to get this.

Still waiting on the announce date for Season 2 of Legend of Korra.....

*sees spoiler tags from days ago*

OH MY GLOB!!!

• 10 months later...

The_Rift_cover.png

So a few days ago the new part of the ongoing ATLA story has been released titled "The Rift". I just happened to stumble across it in a Comic Book store and lept at the chance to buy and read the whole thing. Basically so far the story seems to revolve around Toph and Aang in different ways. Aang's role is that he wishes to take his disciples/acolytes to a statue where his people used to worship Yangchen (and hold a festival in her honor) though Aang himself has admitted he doesn't really know the details of the festival all he knows is that it's important to his people, this bother Toph, who takes issue with the fact that he's worshipping something he knows nothing about, and now a bit of strain is formed between the two.

Things get worse when the area that the festival is held has since been taken over by a mining town. Lots of deforestation, and a polluted river, which really bothers Aang. Him and the gang meet the head of the mining operation, a dude named Satorou. He seems to be very pro-tech based, inventing a ton of machines and even has built a Forklift. He is also a big fan of the Gaangs effort, especially Toph, who he takes…great interest..in, by end of the exchange there is even talk about  going into business together. 

tumblr_n24huiC5l91s55hiko1_500.jpg

Hmm possible candidate for Lin's dad? We will see.

As not to spoil everything, stuff happens, more people butt heads, some more welcomed insight on Toph's character, a crisis here and there, and a surprise visitor pops up.

tumblr_n2569nMhGT1qfmn7bo2_400.jpg

How will dear Toph deal with all of this drama????

tumblr_n25esj8OL51st2c1ho1_500.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Concerning the possible love interest;  considering how couples have been handled (not too kindly) lately in the comics, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends being a fake-out or break-up and some other main character gets the rebound ship treatment.

My support of the Teoph ship aside of course.blush.png

• 3 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5hRCaTbuRo

Oh god, why.

EDIT: Nvm, it's just a shitty trailer.