Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

The way Amy's eyes decide to go mutant in SA2 is both freaky and funny. The following two images are swear-to-god not edited in any way;

25pny37.png

2d8o0tg.png

Oh my god, I never actually noticed that.

Maybe it only happens in the GC version?

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty much anything Eggman says during a boss fight.

Oh and what about the GUN commanders derpy face when he saw shadow getting created as a child?

And of course there are the primitive animations of Sonic's face in sonic adventure.

"Kick their Imperial butts" Looking back, that's an incredibly terrible line, but somehow freaking hilarious at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

The way Amy's eyes decide to go mutant in SA2 is both freaky and funny. The following two images are swear-to-god not edited in any way;

25pny37.png

[snip]

Um... I think she's also hugging the wrong hedgehog. Unless there are some serious graphical errors (color swapping), that's definitely not Sonic :P

Edited by Frogging101

Um... I think she's also hugging the wrong hedgehog. Unless there are some serious graphical errors (color swapping), that's definitely not Sonic tongue.png

That's not an error. She is literally mistaking Shadow for Sonic.

Yes, it is very stupid.

More on topic, Eggman's running animation in the Classic games is hilarious win. Seriously, it is absolutely ridiculous. And even more ridiculous is how, in Sonic 1 after the final boss when Sonic is chasing him, Eggman outruns Sonic.

Think about it.

Speaking of that scene, when you rescue her as Modern Sonic, she says this line;

"I was afraid I'd never be able to flirt with you again." That quote and Sonic's subsequent facepalm had me laughing. xD

• Thumbs Up 3

Shadow roundhouse-kicking Silver in 06'.

Yeah.....That scene alone made me enjoy that game.

Black Doom sounding like a pedo.

"You are awake, Shadow. From now on my eye shall follow you and you shall listen to me!"

It's something along those lines but it's funny!

Sonic Adventure 2... pretty much all of it but for now, lets focus on this guy.

2534239014_c6787a03dc.jpg

Oh Silver, I feel sorry for thee, you are a ridiculous character in a terrible game, yet theres some dude who drives around in a tank and motobike shooting aliens and somehow he gets a free ride and in some places of the fandom is worshiped as a good.

Shadow the Hedgehog is by far one of the most ridiculous and hilarious characters in Sonic, yet almost nobody seems to realise just how stupid and funny he is.

Assuming you play SA2 by doing the hero story first, which you probably should since all but one of the characters on the dark side are new to the series so why would you pick a team which has 66.66% less appeal than the other based on familiarity alone. The first time you encounter Shadow is in a boss fight.

Actually, the first time you encounter Shadow is in the cutscene at 2:16 in this video here:

[/media]

Sure, the writing isn't exactly stellar, but that's better than the boss fight, right?

What happens after the fight? He just sorta wanders off proclaiming how awesome he is, and you won't see him again for nearly one quarter of the game... . .. in which he returns and tells you how awesome he is.

Actually, he runs off because Eggman has just informed him that the island is about to blow up (I originally wrote "run off" here. This is why you shouldn't post at 5:30 AM) and he still has to save Rouge, who is trapped in Security Hall, but Sonic's little appearance sidetracked him. He returns at the end to stop Sonic from ruining everything with the fake Chaos Emerald, if I recall correctly.

In fact, for the majority of the hero story, Shadow is not in it, in fact it's not up until the end of the game does shadow bother to turn up. And whats his master plan thats going to make him into this bad ass villain. WELL IT'S... .. .. ... urm... .. .. run in a line... .. .. telling everyone how awesome he is.

"Before this is over...I'll show you the true power of CHAOS CONTROL!"

Okay, maybe technically, but still...

In fact, out of all the villains in this game. Shadow is the most usless he just does whatever Eggman tells him, it's only right at the end his master plan is to just... stand back and let the arc destroy everything whilst he comments about how cool and awesome he is.

Um...he doesn't...do this...in the last story. ...Does he?

shadowisadork.png

The island is gonna explode! Pull my shocked face!

okay that's kinda funny

Eggman opens a fridge and Shadow comes out, he says 'I'll be your slave' to eggman and does his work. he has no master plan, he is just Eggmans toy at this point. And again it's nothing but 'I'm the coolest! I'm so awesome! I am the ultimate power! BECAUSE I SAID SO!'

Actually, his agenda is to carry out his revenge on humanity by tricking Eggman into getting him the seven Chaos Emeralds for the Eclipse Cannon, which will, in turn, send the ARK hurtling towards Earth, thus fulfilling his plan to get revenge on humanity as well as Gerald's (though that's only Shadow's plan because Gerald reprogrammed him so that it would be). Either that, or he intends to use the Eclipse Cannon for his own purposes, but either way, it works. Also, he believes that he's the ultimate life form because he was created to be the ultimate life form.

You really need to replay SA2, mang.

The ultimate lifeform... needs rocket shoes.

He was built with rocket shoes...

Watch that video. Just look how quick the fight is over with, yet Shadows first line in the fight is 'I'm the coolest!' The fight ends in less than 20 seconds.

The "I'M THE COOLEST" line was kinda OoC for Shadow, anyway. 'Course, the Adventure games most certainly do not have the most stellar writing. I can admit that. Still, plot-wise, he is kind of a bad@$$, imo.

Some lines and animations aside, I really don't see how Shadow is unintentionally hilarious...

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 5

Also, am I the only one who finds it frikkin' hilarious how that fire tornado will chase Sonic in Crisis City and throw objects at him maliciously yet when you touch the goal ring, the aforementioned tornado will lull about in the background making no attempt to attack him or chase him as his score and grade is calculated?

wvs7b8.png

"Yeah....I'll just hang back here and make no attempt to kill you even though I was trying to about a second earlier if that's ok with everybody"

It's also amusing that there is only a few spots of slowdown during the entire tornado chase with so much shit flying around on screen, but the second you hit that goal ring, the game lags like a motherfucker. The results screen!

Also that silly little forward roll in 06 where you get hit on a board and the "OOUGH" noise, especially if it happens over and over.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Actually, the first time you encounter Shadow is in the cutscene at 2:16 in this video here:

[/media]

Sure, the writing isn't exactly stellar, but that's better than the boss fight, right?

*watches*

Shadow: I'm the worlds ultimate lifeform."

Me: Why?

Game: Because he just told you so!

Me: This is ridiculous. And how the fuck did all those heavilly armed police and robots get so close to Sonic without him even hearing them! Is that Shadows ultimate power!? He can remove sounds from the world!?

One of the things I loved the most about Sonic Generations was how they tried to make Sonic look like such badass. Every time he defeats a rival he utterly destroys them.

He blows Metal Sonic up. This is pretty hilarious in itself. Classic Sonic sure takes no prisoners! Here I was thinking he was everyone's friendly hedgehog but he shows no mercy to the wicked! It kind of makes sense though because Metal Sonic is blown up at the end of Sonic CD but still...man.

And then we get to Shadow. This is even more funny than Metal Sonic. Shadow gets absolutely owned in his rival fight:

See 2:12

I mean ouch! Not only does this break canon because Shadow is supposed to be such a super-villain but it is also incredibly funny because of the way SEGA are trolling the fans. The only appearance Shadow makes in Sonic Generations is to get put into his place by Sonic!

And then..

We get Silver. This is where Sonic's ultimate baddass-ery comes into play. Sonic doesn't defeat Silver he absolutely annihilates him. Watch this again:

See 2:33. It's like ouch! But not only is there the hilarious fact that Silver gets crushed in such a way. The other hilarious thing is you get an achievement: 'Silver got served'.

So the moral of the story? Don't mess with Sonic. He's basically Genghis Khan.

Edited by Bright Eyes
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's also amusing that there is only a few spots of slowdown during the entire tornado chase with so much shit flying around on screen, but the second you hit that goal ring, the game lags like a motherfucker. The results screen!

Also that silly little forward roll in 06 where you get hit on a board and the "OOUGH" noise, especially if it happens over and over.

Speaking of that section actually, something I find really hilarious is the fact that during the Mach Speed section of Crisis City, there is little to no lag despite the fact that there's shit flying everywhere and loads of stuff is happening. The lag happens once you beat the level and reach the results screen.

The fact that they thought Secret Rings was finished.

Seriously, what a disfunctional piece of shit. It's laughable someone thought it controlled good, let alone it was ready to be released.

Oh, and this.

The scene, but the music just makes it so much better.

Edited by Solkia-kun

The American Sonic design.

Also, how useless the friends have became. Not even SUMO wants to use then anymore.

Also, how useless the friends have became. Not even SUMO wants to use then anymore.

WELP

-finally puts miru on ignore list-

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how in Generations,Shadow,Metal Sonic,and Silver got themselves out of that time freeze and they just stand there as if they don't know what their doing at all.

Shadow;"Im just gonna stand here with my arms folded so Sonic can just kick my ass when he gets here.

Silver;"Is this my home?let me just do a feminist pose to get it over with".

But when you think about it, Maybe Metal Sonic wasn't froze in the first place but just brought there to stop Sonic.

I know right? They only used Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Shadow, Big and Metal Sonic, over half of the main cast, as starring characters, that's TERRIBLE. What they really should've done is have Silver the Hedgehog playable, am I right guys?

• Thumbs Up 2