Awoo.

Which Sonic game are you going to play next?

Emmett L. Brown

For me, whenever I pick up a Sonic game to play it is almost always the originals on the Mega Drive. In my opinion, to this day these are the best Sonic games out there, which never get old. It may also be due to the fact I'm a retro gamer smile.png They are the only Sonic games I will happily play on a regular basis.

I'm the opposite to most people here. I cannot stand a lot of the titles post-Sonic Heroes, and very rarely will I switch 'em on and play. I will give them a try when I first purchase them and then, after a couple of days they go back on the shelf gathering dust. 

TBH, I'm actually playing through Mass Effect (for my third time) right now, so it will be a while before play a Sonic game.

I am hoping to play S3&K again next.

Edited by Mr.Snarf

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. What would I play next. I think I should probably finish playing SA2 HD, and I should also get to unlocking all the characters in Transformed (Just have Eggman left). I think I might go ahead and play some Unleashed and Generations some time.

I just started Unleashed (I know, I know! :D) and I just got Sonic Jump to lighten up those boring 9am bus trips.

Having said that I still haven't finished Generations, I'm stuck on Planet Wisp. :( The slight differences in the controls are throwing me a lot, I keep trying to use double A as a Homing Attack in Unleashed and messing up!

The next Sonic game I play will hopefully be the next main-series 3D Sonic game that SEGA releases...

Edited by Scar

Gotta be generations for me. I know its so dam short but its also so dam good. When I get bored of boosting through enimies, I can switch to some old-school spin-dashing. Modern and classic, best of both.

I'm having a blast with transformed and Sonic Heroes and I just finished a playthrough of Sonic Rush. The next games I'll play will be Sonic 06 (Yes, I like playing through that game occasionally) and Sonic Riders.

I haven't played Unleashed yet so I think I'll buy the digital copy for my Xbox 360 and check it out, if only to add to my experience with the series and so I can form an opinion of my own on what I think of the game. Also, I'll definitely be getting Transformed when it comes out on PC.

I was trying to 100% SA2 HD, but two days ago my computer got a virus and so we had dat memory WIPED! And you know I gotta be nuts if I'm gonna try THAT again! I've been considering re-buying Sonic Generations for my PC just because I love that game to death and have already 100%'d it in every way possible on Xbox and I need another reason to be able to play those beautiful levels. Man, I miss my chao...

I beat Big's story and got a little ways into Gamma's in Sonic Adventure. Fishing is alright, but took me a while to get the hang of the controls.

Also playing Rush Adventure after learning there's a level select - meaning backtracking is several times less annoying!

ATM, I'm busy trying to catch up with school, and generally organizing my life... as such, I'm mostly focused on one game: Kingdom HEarts Re:coded.

However, once I get more free time, I might go back and try to get through Sonic Unleashed... I've been stuck at Cool Edge Night 4 for a looong time. And of course, I still haven't bothered much with All Stars Transformed! Need to play that more... and I've just been reminded of Sonic CD 2011... I'd love to finish it someday! And NOW, THAT game reminds me that I haven't finished either episode of Sonic 4...

GAH!

I'm trying to make it my mission to not touch any Sonic games until Sonic After the Sequel is out. I wonder how that will go down. Though I'll probably end up playing Before the Sequel sometime this week anyway.

Finally got Generations for the PS3 thanks to gift card. All that's left now is 2 or 3 red rings in Planet Wisp. And some S ranks, but I'll worry about that as I replay the game casually, as I'm not far from perfect in most levels. Really fun game, some missed opportunities, but overall very enjoyable experience.

EDIT: Make that 0 red rings.

Edited by ThisMachine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna blame you. I know exactly why I like Shadow the Hedgehog - because it's hilarious. It goes to such absurd lengths to be EXTREME and BADASS that it goes way past what it's trying to achieve and into the area of straight-up comedy. And Black Doom is the funniest character in the series - watch and behold his humorous and funny inability to say something only once and not twice or more than twice. Comes to a great climax right at the end when it takes him four different lines to say "I'm gonna kill you" to Shadow.

I'm not sure which game is a worse attempt of trying to make a kid-friendly series "hardcore": Shadow, or Bomberman: Act Zero.

Which cover looks more ridiculous to you? This:

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

Or this?

281703-act_zero_cover.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Bomberman. At least Shadow was MADE as a dark character, instead of Sonic (the character) being grittified.

Bomberman. At least Shadow was MADE as a dark character, instead of Sonic (the character) being grittified.

At least Shadow didn't change the character design in a stupid attempt to make them "edgy".

At least Shadow didn't change the character design in a stupid attempt to make them "edgy".

Wasn't Shadows design already supposed to be edgy?

Shadow is his own character seperate from Sonic with an edgy design. He isn't literally Sonic with a new, edgy design.

I'm going to try to finish Tails Adventure. It seemed like a really interesting game and I prefer the more obscure and fringe media in general.

I've beaten it twice, if you have all the power-ups it the final boss is stupidly easy. I've been playing Transformed lately and bits of 06's multiplayer for shits and giggles. Maybe, I'll play one of the classics when I'm done with Transformed.

I wish I had someone who was willing to play 06 multiplayer with me. Well, there is someone, but she's in the east coast, and I live in the midwest.

However, sonic 06 single player is the next Sonic game I"ll play. I actually like playing that game periodically, as I do with almost all the Sonic games.

I'm currently playing Generations on the PS3 and might play the Adventure series during the summer due to school.

Replaying Adventure myself too. I got it on PSN when it came out because I thought it was a Dreamcast port and not a nerfed DX port and never played it much. But upon discovering my DX data on GC was corrupt  I decided to finish what I started here. All I need is the 5 Chao emblems now and I'm tempted to replay DX again to play Mission Mode as I refuse to sully my PSN version with that damn DX title screen. Also wanna get SA2 on PSN  to mess around with the Chao key glitch and play in widescren but it's not really a priority as luckily my SA2 data was free of corruption.