Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Nah.

tongue.png

Actually, I quite like this new Kai opening. I got tired of "Dragon Soul" after a while and this one actually sounds pretty good and fits very well with what Dragon Ball's all about. I think I like the feel of "We Gotta Power" more, dated as it is by today's standards.

^ Completely agree that We Gotta Power is the best opening by far. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like theatrical listings for "Battle of Gods" are starting to come out, details over at Kanzenshuu.

Apparently the theatrical run will probably be the original theatrical version and not the extended version. Though I understand Sean Schemmel had taken a photo while he was recording that showed Goku on Kaio's planet that was only in the extended version. The photo was removed from his twitter though, probably because he was told to take it down. My guess is that the theatrical premiere will be the 85 minute version and then the extended version will get the home video release.

Damn that blows, wishing it was the extended version.

That isn't the complete showing list right?

Damn that blows, wishing it was the extended version.

Hmm, doesn't seem like it. I think these are just the listings that have already popped up. I expect more to show up eventually.

Yeah, not sure why they're showing the shorter cut, unless it's just to boost sales for the home release. Could be Toei told FUNimation to run it like that; wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, that's not the complete list. FUNi confirmed that it'd be in over 300 theaters and that list only has 26.

Edit: Whoops! Just saw that they linked to a list that includes even more theaters, but it's still much less than 300.

Probably going to be the first time I Double Dip on a movie. Gonna watch it with some friends in one town on one day, then turn around and watch it with others in another town the next day.

Yeah, we're surprisingly DBZ-enthused. tongue.png

A shame that this movie isn't coming to my area, but it's still exciting stuff.

It's happening again! New DBZ movie coming in 2015

The September issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that a new Dragon Ball Z movie will open during the Golden Week string of holidays next spring. Dragon Ball manga creator Akira Toriyama is personally credited with the original concept, screenplay and character designs of the new movie "that the entire universe eagerly awaits."

Toriyama confirmed in the magazine that this new film, like last year's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, will tell a new story. He had intended to have this story during his manga's original serialization. Although he did not plan on it, he is not only putting a lot of effort in drawing the art, but also "fussing over the smallest dialogue lines." He also promised more action scenes. He teased that the story is still secret, but will be "utterly funny."

To emphasize the effort he has put into this new film, Toriyama said that even his first manga editor praised him on the work he has done, even though this editor rarely ever does that. Toriyama is confident that fans will be able to thoroughly enjoy the movie. He is currently drawing up new character designs, and asked his fans to look forward to the movie.

tumblr_mf3ac9zi4I1rtyru5o7_500_zpsdb7f41

• Thumbs Up 5

Movie 15?!

Wow, Toriyama found his fire for this series again! I'm shocked and I'm eager for the hype thats coming.

• Thumbs Up 2

Toriyama has definitely found his fire, and it's certainly different than what it was before, I can easily say that. Ever since his return to DBZ, it's been more like Dragonball, and seeing as how I enjoy Dragonball more than Z, can't say I'm complaining. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, it's just bizarre seeing the man this into working on Dragon Ball again. After the series ended, you can tell he was burned out (the interview from the first Daizenshuu definitely sounds like a guy that was tired of that kind of work); he did some parodies, but he wanted to get away from it and heavily serialized work in general, and honestly, I can't blame him either. This sounds awesome though.

He did say he wanted Vegeta to take a bigger role right? I hope he still wants that to happen, because I'd love a Vegeta-centric film, even a really funny one! Let's just hope 20th Century Fox isn't going to sit on the English language release rights as long as they did with Battle of Gods (assuming they still have movie rights at all).

I wonder if the fact that this movie's based on old plans means that it's going to be set sometime during the series rather than being a direct sequel to Battle of Gods.

Anyway, this is awesome news; I'm really glad that Toriyama seems to be having fun with his creation again after so long. I just hope that maybe the characters who aren't Goku will last longer than a second each against the bad dude this time around.

Question about Battle of Gods: The English release is coming to theaters (In a limited run?) right? Is it like a typical movie where it comes out in theater and then months later on DVD/BD or will it come out at the same time on DVD/BD and in theaters? I'm guessing the latter, but clarification would be nice.

Question about Battle of Gods: The English release is coming to theaters (In a limited run?) right? Is it like a typical movie where it comes out in theater and then months later on DVD/BD or will it come out at the same time on DVD/BD and in theaters? I'm guessing the latter, but clarification would be nice.

It's going to be in theatres for a few days. I'm not sure they've announced a DVD/BD (I haven't seen anything, yet), but I figure it won't be too far behind.

Here are the lyrics to the international songs of Kai, and to be frank, they're so stupid. XD (He's singing the whole thing in Engrish if you're wondering.)

Fight it out:

The dark cloud’s getting closer to me 
in every moment
I'm so excited 'bout this feeling
even if it’s dangerous

OK. Bring it on! Right now!
I’m the strongest of the universe
All I do is show you my unlimited power
Go! KAMEHAMEHA!

( Get ready )
Fight it out, Fight it out till the end of world
( Beat the Spirit Bomb )
Look around and you know that you’re not fighting by yourself
( Get ready )
Fight it out, Fight it out for the dream of world 
( Fusion, You & me )
Let’s gather the power of our friends
Never gonna give up
Fight it out and do our best
To save our planet earth
and I say, Go! KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Fight it out, wow wow 
Fight it out, yeah
Fight it, Fight it out!!!

Never Give Up:

Get up and let’s go! We were born to save our universe
Stand up and move on! Don’t forget the words our fathers said

We are unbeatable! ‘Cuz we have families who love us
We are unbreakable! ‘Cuz now we have our chain of hearts, we are always one

Never give up on your dream you believe 
Never give up on your days you conceive
Gotta be tough,gotta make it together
Don’t you know,I’m the one to stand by your side

Better to try than to make no action
Better to cry than to fake your emotion
Gotta be us, gotta fight them together
Don’t you know, you’re the one who make my soul complete

So pretty much like the terrible English versions of some of the game themes?

I wonder which part of my brain arbitrarily decided that all-English songs sung by Japanese singers are embarrassing (though for some reason rap is exempt), but songs in Japanese that have tons of English in them are awesome.

So pretty much like the terrible English versions of some of the game themes?

I wonder which part of my brain arbitrarily decided that all-English songs sung by Japanese singers are embarrassing (though for some reason rap is exempt), but songs in Japanese that have tons of English in them are awesome.

It's just bad. His pronunciations, grammatical usages, and emphasis are just the weirdest. The fact they only made it in English so they can advertise this artist just makes it sound like a money-grab. 

I liked the song better when I thought it was Japanese too, but when I understand what he's saying, I'm just groaning. 

The idea that Toriyama is getting to finally use an idea originally planned for the manga makes me wonder if we will get a what-if movie timeline with Majin Piccolo, since he wanted to do that before.

The idea that Toriyama is getting to finally use an idea originally planned for the manga makes me wonder if we will get a what-if movie timeline with Majin Piccolo, since he wanted to do that before.

Is there any truth to this? I kinda feel this is just wishful thinking on the fans' part... I've heard similar rumors, but I don't recall ever seeing a source, and I don't think Piccolo was as easily corruptible as Vegeta was at that point in the story. I mean, it could be cool, but I just don't see "evil" Piccolo ever resurfacing (and I'm happy about that, but that's me). I wish he did drop some more details though...

I just realized something, is the term, "Spirit Bomb" a correct translation of "Genki-Dama"?

I think the Genki part means energy.

Dama means ball, I think. There was that GC Feudal Japan pinball game called Odama and I recall reading that Gintama meant "Silver Balls".