Awoo.

Great Job Staff Team!

Autosaver

yay-fluttershy.jpg

I will be honest, this was way unexpected for me but it's really appreciated. Good job staff, you all get Fluttershy costumes.

Edited by Blue Wisp

Popular stars are back? But they have always been there for me..

Depending on the skin you are using, certain features have been missing up to this point. ^^

That's awesome! I like these new (well, restored) enhancements a lot. I was always wondering what people meant when they said "popular star". I knew what they were talking about but I never actually saw a star. But yeah, awesome job staff.

A few days ago I actually sent a message to the mods about how much I appreciate what they do. Not all of them replied, but as long as they read it and got something from it, I'm happy :)

EDIT: And I just noticed the new stats section in the profile. As a stats whore (lol), having stats on this forum makes me happy.

Edited by Frogging101

Not gonna lie, I'm not liking the profile rating concept.

It's been there since SSMB was created. Several years at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not gonna lie, I'm not liking the profile rating concept.

It's been there forever. Just not on Sonical. Granted, it might upset some people to know that thy only get one star, but it's no reason for them to flip out or anything. This is the internet, these things happen.

I'm plenty aware that it's been around on IP Board, but that doesn't stop it from seeming like a bad idea and I'm not flipping out.

I'm saying I don't think it fair to me or anyone else that they be potentially judged by what is more often than not an inaccurate rating, and I don't think a user should even be rated in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm plenty aware that it's been around on IP Board, but that doesn't stop it from seeming like a bad idea and I'm not flipping out.

I'm saying I don't think it fair to me or anyone else that they be potentially judged by what is more often than not an inaccurate rating, and I don't think a user should even be rated in the first place.

I forgot that I was even rated, let alone the rating system.

Does... anyone actually use the profile rating even as a guide?

You would have to be a particularly bland person to judge someone as a person out of 5.

...and you can work someone out perfectly well through interaction generally anyways.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

Probably not, but when someone sees a One Star Rating, they may think that user is Bad News Bears.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't mean you were, just saying some people might do at the thought of having one star, and it's nothing to even pay attention to, it's people that you've never have met and may never have had a conversation with, so why should anyone even pay attention to it? It's just a little gimmick for show.

Anywho, I'm very glad about the update. Makes the place even more great and expansive. Fantastic work, guys! Bravo.

Edited by Debug Ring

Any chance of reinstating the ability to look up a member's posts in a topic? We had it for a short while and then one of the updates soon after removed it.

It would also make topics such as the 30 days of games topic much easier to browse through.

• Thumbs Up 5

Are the post breakdown by time in local time or board default time?

Edit: I made a status about it, but it's just so meaningless that I have to post it here (and this is why I'm asking the above anyway):

Looking over the stats of the top ten SSMB posters, 6 AM is by far the least popular time for posting. Unless you are Patticus.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Probably not, but when someone sees a One Star Rating, they may think that user is Bad News Bears.

Completely understandable.

To those taking issue, if I can take a moment to drop my sarcasm shielding and tag it up because I would hate to ruin the mood with hamfisted attempts at neutrality :P

I personally couldn't avoid someone unless they were being needlessly belligerent or filled their profile with intentionally inflammatory reading. Having severe anxiety in real life, I can understand how it could be viewed as judgemental (It is, of course but isn't representative of any single viewpoint) being perceived in such a way could effect someone and I guess that could factor into my unwillingness to let a handful of stars veer me away from something but yeah... I suppose it could with others but if that were the case on my own profile I would probably feel better off without such contact.

With that considered, it isn't by any means a system that is concrete and if it worries you then try and remember that people can change it on a whim and some may do it if you just disagree with a simple point. If it's just a pride knock then I can't really help because bleh.

I probably didn't get across what I meant here so feel free to dispute or whatever is required. I hope it made sense outside my own head tongue.png

I probably just sound like a pussy here ^^

Edited by Andrew Albacia

* Lazy loading of images (images load when they appear in the visible part of the window, not when the page loads)

Is this not proving to be annoying for anyone else?

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually like it that way. Think of it this way - the page will load faster if it will load as you scroll down instead of loading all at once.

I actually like it that way. Think of it this way - the page will load faster if it will load as you scroll down instead of loading all at once.

I'm finding that as I'm scrolling down, the page shakes around due to the pictures being loaded after everything else. The pages never did load slowly before either.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1