Awoo.

Where's Sonic?

Autosaver

Personally, I don't actually regret buying this at all, if only because this might be the first time I've seen Espio's render in large-sized detail. I honestly didn't know his textures were so intricate.

Plus there character grouping choices were...favourable.

Edit: And more pasta/copy from the LCA topic.

-Omega isn't in this at all. I do have to wonder why Omega is so absent in all these things even when the whole point of the book is to stuff the pages with as much shit as possible.

-All the art is just character/enemy/object renders plonked onto a background. Some of them thus don't hide at all because they naturally stand out. [Not that you can't tell by now, this was written before the scans]

-There are 11 different settings; nine of them are just the Generations levels, one of them is Stardust Speedway, and one of them is Sylvania Castle (which is placed between Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary, a nod to the fact it's partially based on Aquatic Ruin?).

-Sonic only really hides on one of them. The rest of the challenges are a doddle. You can tell this was aimed at the younger bracket of the demographic.

-Surprisingly, Silver doesn't get a page where he's made the 'big' character of the page. Others that don't are Cream, Charmy, Wave, Storm and Rouge but they aren't surprising (Cheese counts as a separate character in this. And he DOES get a page).

Edited by Wally Gator

Tch, this one was superior.

51W6U5Nu0ZL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Had hand-drawn artwork and everything.

I have this book and I love it. There is so much going on in the pages that it keeps you at each page for minutes to take in all that is going on...some funny things are happening too within the pages. Everytime I look through the book I always see something new.

Anyway, as for this new book, I have to say I'm intrigued, and I want it. Issues aside I think it still looks nice, bright and colorful. I think my 7 and 5 year old nephews and my 5 year old niece will really like this book as it has the modern game characters, which they are more familar with and really like anyway. I can see them really having a blast with the book...So it looks like I'll probably be buying this book 4 times when I get the chance. Three for them, and one for me, as the Sonic collector (and little kid) in me wants to have this book, especially to compare it to the other one I have and have fun with it too. smile.png

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 1

...I will probably buy it if I can find it.

I'm not complaining about Sega expanding its merchandise efforts, finally. Shirts / plushies just wasn't cutting it. Due to their plan to try and usurp Hello Kitty, I am eager to see what they churn out.

That Sonicmerchandise.com thing is to help greatly in this pursuit. I shall promote.

This is going to be hard.

I can only see a blue blur.

Well played, good sir. Well played.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tch, this one was superior.

51W6U5Nu0ZL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Had hand-drawn artwork and everything.

Bitch, please- it's all about this one;

(speaking figuratively of course, not actually calling anyone a bitch. This is just the one I grew up with, none of that SatAM-based malarkey! Honestly, kids these days... or those days... or something!!)

3515793438_a83d32b191_z.jpg

If nothing else it's much more clearly based on the games and seems to have a much nicer art style than your usual early-90s Westernised Sonic. Admittedly though the SatAM one does look a bit more like it has actual scenes rather than just a clusterfuck of stuff everywhere.

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 2

I want to play through that Green Hill Zone.

Eggman's Robots got that place on lockdown.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus
  • Thumbs Up 2

tbh, this Where's Sonic thing has the same quality of something fan made. I would really like it if, like all of the other "find the crap books", if it was hand-drawn, as just pasting CGI models all other the place.

Great, just realised I sound like a CGI hater...

They call Motobug Motora. Ha. And Eggrobos Egg Robots.

Are those new Knuckles (The waving one) and Big renders I see?

Both of Big's renders are pretty old. I think at least one of them is from ASR, if not both.

Knuckles is old, albeit more obscure; so far, the only other place it's been seen is on stationery.

Bitch, please- it's all about this one;

(speaking figuratively of course, not actually calling anyone a bitch. This is just the one I grew up with, none of that SatAM-based malarkey! Honestly, kids these days... or those days... or something!!)

Huh...the new book seems like a spiritual successor to this book in particular, right down down to having Sonic and his allies (uh, ally) on the cover with a whole pack of robots. The only difference is that the former is handdrawn...likely because it was easier doing that than using computers that were still in their infancy and couldn't even do a copy/paste job. :/

Edited by Wally Gator

They call Motobug Motora. Ha. And Eggrobos Egg Robots.

Both of those renders have been around for a while. I've got a poster behind me with the Big render, and Knuckles is on some of the school supplies and wrapping paper. Don't think we have clean rips of either though.

Got the book today after Amazon sent it to my parents house instead of my flat ¬_¬

It's a pretty poor effort, all the images are such clusterfucks and it's not uncommon to see exactly the same image copied and pasted right next to each other 4-5 times.

The original ladybird book was completly superior. The hand drawn artwork was completly original, no copies there, a genuine treat.

Still, for £2.99 it could be a lot worse. It's for little kids,not nostalgic 22 year olds :P kids'll like it

• Thumbs Up 1