Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) | A Cartoon Network Original - USA: April 4th, 2016 | UK: April 25th | Escape from Monster Island / Princess Buttercup

Ming Ming Hatsune

Are they going to make another Femme Fatale episode and set feminism back another decade?

I hope for a return of the muscular convicts disguised as the PPG and no one being able to tell them apart.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sounds amazing, though I DO wonder, since it will be a reboot, how many character will stay on the show and leave?

...Suddenly I'm now hungry for more on that..

On an unrelated note..

..Didn't the guy also say he's working on the Samurai Jack ending? CONSIDER HYPE FROM ME.

Edited by Godot

My brain cannot comprehend that awesomeness of this! =D

THEY BETTER HAVE TARA STRONG AS BUBBLES OR I'M GONNA RAGE!!!!!

But until then, I'm going to get excited, I loved this cartoon to bits. I just hope the reboot doesn't turn out similar to The Powerpuff Girls Z. That show was terribad. There was a reason why it never aired in the US.

What's wrong with Powerpuff Girls Z?

I always figured it was the same as Sonic X; take a popular idea that's been around a while, make it crap and then add a "hip" letter to the end to add "cool factor". Sonic X!

• Thumbs Up 1

What's wrong with Powerpuff Girls Z?

I always figured it was the same as Sonic X; take a popular idea that's been around a while, make it crap and then add a "hip" letter to the end to add "cool factor". Sonic X!

The Japanese version was fine, but.. the english dub is what killed it.

Oh hell yes, I loved PPG as a kid.

Also, I just found this on youtube and can't stop laughing:

And yeah, Jack need to return.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope the characters aren't flanderized (loud and annoying) like they were in "The Powerpuff GIrls Rule!!!"

Amen to that. I personally am looking forward to it especially if Craig MCracken isn't involved. He completely butchered his own creation in the 10th special so i want him away from them from now on. If anything the new Beavis & Butt-Head season proved that it is possible to revive an old show and retain the magic. In fact if you ask me i think the new episodes are smarter and funnier than the old ones

Now if they actually brought back David Feiss and Michael Ryan to revive Cow & Chicken or I Am Weasel i would instantly forgive Cartoon Network for everything. Unlike the PPG, those shows were cancelled right when they were at their peak.

Edited by pppp

I'm not a huge fan of cartoon reboots, but seeing that this is a show that I watched (and was a then-current show) as a kid I suppose it will be interesting to say the least. The PPG was never my favourite (unlike, say, Johnny Bravo, I can't just spend an entire evening watching PPG episodes, I can only stand a limited amount at a time) and I thought the 10th Anniversary special was pretty awful (though it's probably one of the more convincing uses of flash, which is a plus). As for things like a Dexter's Laboratory reboot, so long as they go out of their way to forget series 3 and 4 ever existed, and hire some of the old writers (and get Genndy as the director again!) I'd like to see something like that happen.

Kinda weary about what will be changed in this reboot, who will be behind it, how it would ultimately turn out, and if CN would try screwing it over again like they did with Gennedy's Sym-Bionic Titan...but I'm rather interested nonetheless, the PPG was one of my favorite childhood shows.

While I would rather see a revival of shows like Courge and Cow & Chicken, PPG coming back would be nice. The original series was great and fits well into cartoon network. With a reboot, I can see it start a trend that brings back other classic shows like Time Squad, Courge and Cow & Chicken.

Supposedly, he's working on an ending for Samurai Jack.

In regards to the Powerpuff Girls reboot, as interested as it sounds, the other half of me thinks "Why?" since it was finished a while back and Genndy Tartakovsky moved on to other projects. If it does reboot, hopefully it'll be just as good as the original series.

Am I really the only human on the planet that did not see the final episode of PPG? I feel like the biggest noob alive right now.

Meh, I never got around to it either...

I'm alittle skeptical on reddit being a source for all this, I mean how do we really know its Genndy even with the picture? Just being tricked with really good hoaxes over the last 10 years leaves me of being skeptical of everything until its official and such.

Iwanttobelieve.jpg, but I don't want to get my hopes hyped up by this either! D:

Edited by goku262002

• 1 month later...

Looks like Ringo Starr of Beatles fame is involved with this and will be playing a character called "Mr. Finonacci."

This casting choice isn't too surprising, seeing as how Craig McCracken is a HUGE Beatles fan (Read: Meet the Beat Alls.), but it should be interesting to see what kind of role his character will play. Looking forward to hearing more on this.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Seeing news of this makes me wonder if they'll get new voices for the original cast (ie Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion) or use the original voices seeing that we had the likes of Roger L. Jackson (Mojo), Tom Kane (Prof. Utonium), Tom Kenny (The Mayor/Narrator) and Jim Cummings (Fuzzy Lumpkins) in the cast.

Looks like Ringo Starr of Beatles fame is involved with this and will be playing a character called "Mr. Finonacci."

This casting choice isn't too surprising, seeing as how Craig McCracken is a HUGE Beatles fan (Read: Meet the Beat Alls.), but it should be interesting to see what kind of role his character will play. Looking forward to hearing more on this.

We probably won't hear anymore about this until the near launch of this reboot.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

• 2 months later...

Mystery solved! It's another special, this time a CG one!

The Powerpuff Girls Special: “Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice…plus a dash of mysterious Chemical X” were the essential ingredients that created Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup—also known as The Powerpuff Girls. This groundbreaking and Emmy®-winning series, created by Craig McCracken, ran on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will soar again as a brand-new, redesigned and re-imagined CG special coming in 2013 where the trio of pint-sized super heroines will be called upon to rescue not just the city of Townsville, but the USA and the world! Featuring an original song “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl” performed by Beatles legend Ringo Starr, who also portrays Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician, “Fibonacci Sequins,” this all-new original special comes from a powerhouse creative team featuring animation talent from around the globe including acclaimed director Dave Smith and award-winning art director Kevin Dart and is produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with UK’s Passion Pictures. The special also features the original voice cast reprising their iconic roles and will premiere later this year.

Should be interesting to see how the PPG world will look in CG.

Ugh, seriously with the CGi? Why? What could it possibly add that regular animation can't add and more?

Im still interested I suppose, but this killed a good chunk of my hype do honest.

• Thumbs Up 5