Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) | A Cartoon Network Original - USA: April 4th, 2016 | UK: April 25th | Escape from Monster Island / Princess Buttercup

Ming Ming Hatsune

I can honestly see this being My Little Pony 2: Electric Boogaloo in terms of popularity. Of course, I have no idea...

Edited by Taokaka
  • Thumbs Up 8

What the fuck did I just watch? O.O

Cartoon network...what are you doing?...

Cartoon network...STAHP!

Genndy the director of Hotel Transylvania seems to be behind this. This reboot better be good or he will see a ragefest the like of no other human being as ever witnessed on this Earth.

I hope the characters aren't flanderized (loud and annoying) like they were in "The Powerpuff GIrls Rule!!!"

Edited by Rowdyruff Dazzle
  • Thumbs Up 2

kabfksa;euhf

I wish I could high-five Cartoon Network right now.

BTW, that picture isn't showing (for me).

Me neither.

Edited by Soma

Holy Fuck, yes. My childhood is slowly coming back. All I need now is a Courage the Cowardly Dog reboot, Johnny Bravo reboot, or a Dexter's Lab reboot, or for the shows to come back for a new season! I also hope some of the voice actors from the original Powerful Girls series come back.

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm just happy to see Cartoon Network doing one good thing after another every time I turn around this year.

They're trying you guys.

Honest EFFORT.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

Genndy the director of Hotel Transylvania seems to be behind this. This reboot better be good or she will see a ragefest the like of no other human being as ever witnessed on this Earth.

Genndy is a dude, just by the by.

w9qsP.jpg

Anyways, sounds interesting! Hopefully it turns out well. I'm guessing this is going to do a fair bit to differentiate itself from the old series, otherwise they could've just made more and called them additional seasons.

I don't know, but probably keep an eye on it. I mean I like the show, but it feels like it had run its course. Besides, don't want to risk it turning into something like the anime counterpart. I would rather have Samurai Jack come back and be completed or rebooted. With the addition of bringing back Megas XLR, but doubt it.

Edited by AdventChild

The Powerpuff Girls was Cartoon Network's Spongebob. PPG is the only Cartoon Network Original show that even got a theatrical film. So if they going to reboot one old show, this will be their first. If this reboot becomes successful, then maybe we will see more reboots.

This has to work Cartoon Network. I beg you, pleaseee don't screw this up!

Although Powerpuff girls is pretty much my favourite cartoon network cartoon, and quite possibly in my all time favourites list, I'm a little wary of how this will turn out. Like Advent child said, it felt like the show had run its course, and in a Powerpuff girls documentary, Craig McCracken himself said that the show running its course was the reason the show ended. I'm also wondering if Criag will be involved with the project in any way.

Then again, we do have a guy who was quite involved with Powerpuff Girls when it was in its prime, so I do have some hope that the new series will be good.

However, if they use that fast paced sense of humor from the 10th anniversary special, then I'm out. That sense of humor was cute Foster's Home for Imaginary friends, but it felt very weird and out of place in Powerpuff girls.

God, I sound so negative... I really do love Powerpuff Girls, and it was a part of my childhood, but whenever I hear about shows getting "uncancelled," I always feel a bit skeptical about how good it will be or how much the original creators are involved. Still, Genndy is a good friend of Craig McCracken and was one of the main forces behind the original PPG, so maybe the show is in good hands.

cool, PPG was great, but really, I'd rather see a Jack reboot honestly, show never got it's continue. And lead it up with that SJ movie he's been developing for years.

• Thumbs Up 5

Although Powerpuff girls is pretty much my favourite cartoon network cartoon, and quite possibly in my all time favourites list, I'm a little wary of how this will turn out. Like Advent child said, it felt like the show had run its course, and in a Powerpuff girls documentary, Craig McCracken himself said that the show running its course was the reason the show ended. I'm also wondering if Criag will be involved with the project in any way.

Then again, we do have a guy who was quite involved with Powerpuff Girls when it was in its prime, so I do have some hope that the new series will be good.

However, if they use that fast paced sense of humor from the 10th anniversary special, then I'm out. That sense of humor was cute Foster's Home for Imaginary friends, but it felt very weird and out of place in Powerpuff girls.

God, I sound so negative... I really do love Powerpuff Girls, and it was a part of my childhood, but whenever I hear about shows getting "uncancelled," I always feel a bit skeptical about how good it will be or how much the original creators are involved. Still, Genndy is a good friend of Craig McCracken and was one of the main forces behind the original PPG, so maybe the show is in good hands.

In the words of Yosemite Sam: "That's all I needed to hear!"

Could be quite interesting. All that I ask is.....

Return of the Rowdyruff Boys plz.

It's inevitable my friend.

Edited by Rowdyruff Dazzle
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's inevitable my friend.

Am I the only person who found them to be kinda... lame? Like, Mojo Jojo and HIM were such more interesting villains. Rowdyruffs were just kinda... there.

If we are requesting returns of old pseudo-Powerpuff Girls, though, then Bunny is somewhere near the top of my list.

PPG is one of my favorite (old) cartoons, so I feel like I'm betraying it when I say I'm not all that excited for this.

I rarely ever get hyped over revivals of old cartoons because more often than not, the later episodes of any given cartoon show seem to not be as good as the earlier or middle ones. PPG was one of them, and I really didn't feel that they had any ideas left once the show was over. Even the 10th anniversary episode didn't leave me feeling too satisfied, it was great just to hear all the old voice actors again but it was nothing more than a novelty episode.

And a reboot... huh? I really hope they don't actually mean they're throwing the old show out the window with this one, and that "reboot" just refers to the show getting started anew again. Chances are this show will be mostly aimed at fans so I think everybody else just wants something that takes place after the last show. If it really is a reset button then consider my interest halved, unless they take the show in a different direction for a new audience.*

Whenever I feel that a series has run its course, even if it's one I liked, I almost always prefer that the creators make something new (or continuing one of their lesser known work) rather than going back to their most famous and stretched-out property. While I never watched Symbiotic Titan, that would get my vote since it really was cut far too short, and it would interest me more in watching it. And I think if I had seen and loved Samurai Jack, I would not be asking for a continuation of that show either due to it running much longer, despite it having no ending - most cartoons don't have proper conclusions, so it really comes with the territory.

I know that 99% of everyone else feels the complete opposite though and think that this is amazing news, so I'll certainly watch it when it comes out to see if it really rekindles my liking for the show. PPG was and is great, it's just that I never really wanted more episodes after how much we got already, and because by and large I tend to prefer newer shows over old ones from my childhood.

*This doesn't mean I want them to completely rehaul the show a la PPGZ, but just make it accessible to newer fans without relying so much on the fact that it's a revival of a show that everyone adored back in the day. I would also be gracious if they didn't rely on this fucking tool of an attribute that so many people apply to the old greats such as Animaniacs, and even certain modern shows to justify their lasting quality.

• Thumbs Up 4

If this reboot doesn't scream "Cartoon Network is back!!" Then I don't know what does. Sometimes I wonder if an animated series of PPGD by bleedman will be made. Hey a guy can dream :P

If this reboot doesn't scream "Cartoon Network is back!!" Then I don't know what does. Sometimes I wonder if an animated series of PPGD by bleedman will be made. Hey a guy can dream tongue.png

If there was, it'd most likely air in Japan.

Genndy the director of Hotel Transylvania seems to be behind this. This reboot better be good or he will see a ragefest the like of no other human being as ever witnessed on this Earth.

I hope the characters aren't flanderized (loud and annoying) like they were in "The Powerpuff GIrls Rule!!!"

I really did like this show. The Rowdyruff Boys episode was the shit, my favorite among all. So yeah, this better be good.

Finally something GOOD is coming to CN. Hope it works out. I don't like anything on CN right now besides Regular Show.

Edited by Urban Flow