Awoo.

Ryan Drummond Almost Returned

TheDanimator

I usually try not to ever get involved with situations with voice acting in video gaming but I do wonder if his Sonic voice even is good after around eight years? Maybe that's why he did not get to be the voice again? Perhaps his voice for Sonic is not good anymore to others and SEGA and that's why someone else got the voice. I would think someone would lose that edge to a voice after years later.

Except Sega was apparently impressed and wowed by his performance when he tried out for colors.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't say the other guys don't care, but it does seem like Ryan is the most enthusiastic about it.

Basically this. The other two may care, but certainly not as much.

I also remember watching an interview with Mike Pollock where he said he doesn't care for the series and has no interest in the games at all. He's a fantastic voice actor, but if you're just doing it for the money and don't care for the craft, then I'm not interested. No matter how good you are.

I also remember watching an interview with Mike Pollock where he said he doesn't care for the series and has no interest in the games at all. He's a fantastic voice actor, but if you're just doing it for the money and don't care for the craft, then I'm not interested. No matter how good you are.

I'm pretty sure that he does care about the series and his role as Eggman but had said several times that he's not a gamer. I don't see why that's a bad thing cause he don't play videogames.

• Thumbs Up 2

Being a VA who only voices characters that they're interested in doesn't get the bills paid. (Heck, being a VA in general doesn't even pay the bills by itself unless you're in Japan or something.) As Pollock himself said in a chat once: "It'd be crazy to turn down work."

Except Sega was apparently impressed and wowed by his performance when he tried out for colors.

So impressed infact that he apparently got the job, according to XD375.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good riddance. xD I'll miss such well crafted lines such as:

4JJvV.png

But seriously, Roger is way better. Not saddened by this at all. xD

I'm pretty sure that he does care about the series and his role as Eggman but had said several times that he's not a gamer. I don't see why that's a bad thing cause he don't play videogames.

No. I suggest you watch the SAGExpo interview. He said he doesn't.

Being a VA who only voices characters that they're interested in doesn't get the bills paid. (Heck, being a VA in general doesn't even pay the bills by itself unless you're in Japan or something.) As Pollock himself said in a chat once: "It'd be crazy to turn down work."

Very true. However it just doesn't flow well with me.

Link, plz..?

www.google.com

I agree. Good thing the voice actor is gone, since he apparently also wrote the script.

Serious meter is off the charts fuuuuuuuuuuuu

So another "Fuck you Sega!" thread. Nice. After creating the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise that we all love, this is how you repay them.

• Thumbs Up 3

So another "Fuck you Sega!" thread. Nice. After creating the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise that we all love, this is how you repay them.

Yes. When they screw over passionate voice actors who worked there for years, we will respond like that. We also do spend hundreds on the series when you consider they dish out 3-4 games per year. We have a right to voice our opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, what they did to Ryan really was nothing short of dickish on their part.

• Thumbs Up 2

Where insulting them due to their generally dickish behavior regarding Ryan Drummond, them creating Sonic isn't even relevant to our gripes with them in this instance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whoa dude, I've never heard Mike say that about the franchise. In fact Eggman has become one of his favorite roles. The man has done more fan interviews than any other actor ever involved with the franchise.

Mike even attended Summer of Sonic a few years ago, and he wasn't even invited as a guest. That's sounds like someone who cares about the character to me.

I'll give my thoughts on the actual subject later.

Edited by Kamina
  • Thumbs Up 8

Two hectic asian guys created Sonic, and they aren't even part of the team anymore. Your point is rendered null in any instance xD

Please don't turn this into a Roger vs Ryan over who has better/cheesier lines, please. sleep.png

No I'm turning this into there's more people who take things way too seriously. I was making a joke........

Edited by DJScriptify

(Heck, being a VA in general doesn't even pay the bills by itself unless you're in Japan or something.)

Just a side note, but I hear the VA industry in Japan is even more brutal. All of those drama CDs, music CDs, live-action and stage gigs from them exist for a more blatant reason than just expanding their artistic horizons. Dig even deeper and you'll find VAs sometimes having completely different careers just to get to a livable income (I hear Junichi's actually done a stint as an English teacher), and who knows of those who have dropped out altogether because they couldn't even get their foot in the door, even after actual schooling for it. Unless you're Takehito Koyasu or someone like that who's ridiculously popular and can get a role just by showing up, I would think the market is more favorable elsewhere. xP

• Thumbs Up 3

Just a side note, but I hear the VA industry in Japan is even more brutal. All of those drama CDs, music CDs, live-action and stage gigs from them exist for a more blatant reason than just expanding their artistic horizons. Dig even deeper and you'll find VAs sometimes having completely different careers just to get to a livable income (I hear Junichi's actually done a stint as an English teacher), and who knows of those who have dropped out altogether because they couldn't even get their foot in the door, even after actual schooling for it. Unless you're Takehito Koyasu or someone like that who's ridiculously popular and can get a role just by showing up, I would think the market is more favorable elsewhere. xP

Oh dear..

• Thumbs Up 6

Whoa dude, I've never heard Mike say that about the franchise. In fact Eggman has become one of his favorite roles.The man has done more fan interviews than any other actor involved with the franchise.Mike even attended Summer of Sonic a few years ago, and he wasn't even invited as a guest. That's sounds like someone who cares about the character to me.Ill give my thoughts on the actual subject later.

Then look up the SAGExpo 2012 interview. It doesn't matter what he does, he directly said he doesn't care/has no interest.

My god there's more of them xD

>Makes statement everyone's tired of that was begging to be corrected.

>"Why so serious you guys?"

Then look up the SAGExpo 2012 interview. It doesn't matter what he does, he directly said he doesn't care/has no interest.

How did he say it? Calmly, casually, and respectfully, or "screw this franchise- RAWR!"?

You can't not care about a franchise in any capacity and simultaneously fly to a different country to attend a fan convention of said franchise with no compensation involved. Cognitive dissonance of the highest order.

^This too.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1