Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

Just beat Super Metroid for the first time. I can't believe I ignored this gem on my favorite console for so many years.

I want more 2D Metroids.

(And the Prime collection for a price that won't make my bank account sob)

Prime Trilogy is out of print in the US and, as far as I know, only comes in the steelbook variant there which probably goes for some insane prices.

Finding it in Europe is considerably easier where it was still being printed for an extended time and some outlets will still have spare copies laying around. It was also only offered as a sleeve copy a la Borderlands here which decreases the whole collectors value.

I was rather lucky to find it for a rather cheap price at an electronics store years after release, despite living in Europe.

Here in the U.S., production of the game was cancelled after a month or 2. So people use that as an excuse to charge you up the ass for a copy in our format.

Ninja'd

Edited by Solkia-kun

How much did Prime Trilogy sell anyways? (the compilation, not the individual games) Was it really bad enough to stop production of the game? I think it is worth $150+ anyways :D

I'm not sure. Wikipedia doesn't say anything other than it was released in October 2009 and discontinued in January 2010

It does say that there was low production run, whatever the fuck that means.

Edited by Solkia-kun

It means it was intended to be a limited release from the start.

Judging from this game and Super Mario All-Stars, it seems to be a trend for Nintendo to release collections in low quantities. I'm just about tempted to pick up Kirby's Dream Collection now rather than wait until later.

But the article says it's only been discontinued in Australia (go figure) and the US. It doesn't say anything about other countries.

I want more 2D Metroids.

Same. I think it's time for a brand new, 2D Metroid game...in HD, no less. Can you just imagine a 2D Metroid using current graphic engines?

I had never intended to get MPT until I started searching for Echoes and Corruption after I played MP1. I searched all over town for copies of the two games but could never find them.

Then I decided to check the Family Video a half mile from where I was living for something else, and lo and behold, MPT was sitting right there in the game section.

I asked the clerk working if I could just buy the game instead of renting it, and checking the records, he found that the game was only rented twice in the year they had it in stock, not nearly enough times to warrant keeping it for their own profit. I bought it then and there for 35 dollars.

It was as if a Chozo Ghost was guiding me to it all along.

Edited by Hades

The last 2D game we got was 8 years ago and it was a remake of the first, reimagined completely, but still. I don't want it to be handholdy like Fusion though, I want it more like Super Metroid where you just find out what to do on your own. But knowing modern games and how they often treat you like a retard that has never picked up a controller, I think that's an unrealistic expectation :( I mean they could at least make the hand holding optional like Zero Mission, it sort of did it right...

I think the next 2D game should just have an optional hint system. Have it turned on? The game gives you objectives and points you in the right objection, Corruption style. Have it turned off? You figure out everything yourself, Super Metroid style.

This might be a bit difficult if the story has Samus dealing with several goals, like Fusion or Corruption. But if it's similar to Super Metroid's goal of "Go to planet, save galaxy," I think that would work well.

• Thumbs Up 3

The next game better be an RPG.

Not sure if joke or serious.

But if you're serious I wanna hear your idea of how that could work. Would we play as Samus or make our own character? What kind of setting would it be?

To be honest? I was joking at first, but I think if anyone could make it work, it's Nintendo. I'd be interested to see it happen. I don't know how it'd work. maybe kind of like Mega Man X: Command Mission?

Currently outside the Omega Hunter in Prime 1. is 7 tanks enough to take him on?

I find it slightly disappointing that Nintendo never bothered to remake Metroid II in a similar vein to Zero Mission. From what I can tell, it seems to be the most important to the series' plot due to introducing the Baby Metroid that was a rather key plot point for most of the series, yet so many people haven't actually played it due to it being an early GB title that hasn't aged too stellar. It sounds like such a missed opportunity that could have been relatively easy to accomplish.

Edited by gunthetra
  • Thumbs Up 2

You mean Omega Pirate? It depends, if you are asking that means you probably haven't gone against him before so...yeah good luck with that if you are playing the GC version or hypermode on MPT. 7 might not be quite enough for someone who's never fought him before.

I find it slightly disappointing that Nintendo never bothered to remake Metroid II in a similar vein to Zero Mission. From what I can tell, it seems to be the most important to the series' plot due to introducing the Baby Metroid that was a rather key plot point for most of the series, yet so many people haven't actually played it due to it being an early GB title that hasn't aged too stellar. It sounds like such a missed opportunity that could have been relatively easy to accomplish.

Is it me or does the Omega Pirate talk during his fight? I'm sure he said, "Finish her!" at one point, but that's probably just my mind playing tricks.

I don't wanna do more backtracking :/ should I watch a video on Youtube so I know what I'm getting into?
Man just get in there and try it. If you get stomped either try harder next time or go look for items.

Omega Pirate's one of the toughest bosses in Prime, but he's doable with 7 tanks. I can't imagine I had any better my first time, and it only took a couple tries to beat him.

So now I have to collect those stupid artifact things, right?

It's not as tedious as it sounds, but you might wanna get a guide.

You're gonna enjoy Prime 2.