Awoo.

Danny Phantom

scourgeandfionafan123

I don't think there was a Danny Phantom thread on here so I am starting one.

Danny Phantom was Released in 2004 by Butch Hartman(the same guy who did the Fairy Odd Parents). It had 3 seasons worth of episodes and it ended in 2007 with 53 episodes aired on Nickeloden. The animation style is similar to the fairy odd parents.

roflfuck.jpg

Edited by scourgeandfionafan123

What a funny coincidence, I managed to watch the entire series and I did enjoyed it despite me snarking at the show. I really like the characters and the continuity it had, not to mention it was genuinely funny unlike that other show.

Also OP you should add more to your opening post. Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 4

Also OP you should add more to your opening post. Just saying.

Funny because Sean made a post in his last thread.

You know what, you really need to put more effort into your topics. You're required to at least write a few sentences explaining the topic you're making as well as your own thoughts. I am closing this, so if you want to remake it with a better introductory post, then feel free.

Oh and fix your grammar. We require members to actually use proper capitalization and spelling here. Failure to adhere to this warning will net you a strike.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I watched Danny Phantom from the beginning to season 2. When it began, I thought the show was pretty average in terms of most action shows, but I really got into it when season 2 came around. Unlike a show like, Fairly Oddparents, Butch's humor didn't stagnate so much as get better. Not to mention, the animation really jumped between Seasons 1 and 2. However, when Season 3 came around, I stopped watching tv at that point since Nick was getting pretty bad. However, when watching reruns I find myself enjoying season 3.

The older enemies are treated like friends at that point in the show, and I always enjoy moments like that when enemies act pretty much like friends. Then there are the newer enemies which I found great. They were drawn well and actually posed a significant threat to Danny. I hope to watch the finale someday.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember this was like, my favorite show during the time it was airing. Although I didn't like it too much during the first season, but starting with the second season it really grabbed my attention. The first season was mostly unrelated episodes of Danny just fighting a random new ghost villain every episode, but starting with Season 2, rather than constantly introducing new villains, it developed on the villains introduced in Season 1 (but there were still new villains introduced, of course), and by Season 3 we felt like we knew all the villains pretty well. I also think the slight change in Danny's ghost outfit starting in Season 2 was to symbolize that the series is going to be more complex at that point (and I'd like to point out, rather than suddenly changing Danny's outfit, they actually explained how his outfit got changed, basically it was Sam's idea)

There was definitely a lot of character development, and the episodes actually had a continuity. Danny's powers during Season 3 are significantly more developed during Season 1, and by Season 3, many of the Season 1 villains were basically Danny's backup-friends at that point. And Vlad Plasmius, oh my god, Vlad Plasmius. Coolest villain in a cartoon ever. He actually got increasingly threatening as the series went on, and by Season 3 he practically appeared in every episode, and basically became the series antagonist by that point.

The only thing that disappointed me was the series finale. While it tied up all loose ends, the plot didn't seem as interesting as "The Ultimate Enemy" (a two-episode length special from Season 2).

I found Danny Phantom to be an....interesting show, albeit, I never could really get into it when I was younger. (I more or less was into Cartoon Network during the time Danny was on). I found it interesting...as in, the ghost aspect of it. Protagonists with Super powers almost ALWAYS have some rather cool Character Development (take Virgil Hawkins from Static Shock, or Raven from Teen Titans as examples if you will). In both Virgil and Danny's case, they developed as innocent teenagers who develop their strange powers, and have to learn to not only adapt to the powers, but manage to hide their powers from all but those they could trust. In Raven's case, she has no regular life; she's a full time protagonist, so she won't have to deal with hiding her powers, She has to deal with controlling hers, for she knows that if her full wrath is unleashed, all Hell would break loose with...well, I'm not going to spoil it.

Strangely, my favorite character from DP, wasn't Danny, nor Sam, nor Tucker, But Ember. Ember McLain. My god, she was, and still is, one of my favorite villains of all time. She's basically NOT insane, or Evil like most of the other villains in the series, but rather, she's just an influential teenager looking to have fun.

...and somewhat tragic. Basically, she was an unpopular teenager who fell in love with the wrong guy. The "Boy Friend" stood up Ember, who was waiting for him at a movie theater all night. This is where the thing kinda gets into Crack-pot theory's. Either Ember, being tired from waiting for him, goes home to sleep, only to die in a house fire, OR, Ember, having her boyfriend abandon both her and her unborn child, writes the song "Remeber", and in an act of heartbroken rage, lights her house on fire, and commits self cremation, killing both herself, and her unborn baby.

Oh, and she made Danny fall in love with Sam in that one Episode.

Besides that, her theme song (Remember) is also catchy

• Thumbs Up 1

Its been a while since I watched that.

I have good memories of it, spending summer afternoons watching it, ah good times...

I thought it was a pretty good show, such a shame it went through the executive meddling that it did.

Oh and Dark Danny is a bastard. Enough has been said about him.

I liked it, but there a few things about Butch Hartman's works that irk me, that I don't feel like going into right now.