Awoo.

Should Silver be in the select screen again?

Carlos Tyler

Hey, that's actually not a half bad idea! He could just make a pad of pure psychic energy and I could see it being a main mode of transportation and it could function similar to grinding.

Flying around at high speeds rarely works. Have you ever played Iron Man? Flying controls are ass. It's just hard to fly really fast in a fully 3-D environment, with access to every direction without having either confusing or terrible controls.
You mean like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keS0Hts2LpQ? Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnManFre-g? They did it just fine if you ask me.

Hey, that's actually not a half bad idea! He could just make a pad of pure psychic energy and I could see it being a main mode of transportation and it could function similar to grinding.
OR, he could just, y'know, fly. Edited by The Cheese

Anyway a new floating trick for Silver could be that he puts his arms under his sneakers and throws himself instead of rocks and cars. He could do a huge up dash to gain air time and speed.

=) I like this idea, actually. I could see it being similar to the homing attack, but for Silver. It could be like an air-dash, and it could potentially work in all directions too. It'd be nice for a double jump as well!

• Thumbs Up 1

To

The Cheese:

But if he could fly the levels would be too easy. I say keep his short hover that he does but allow him to use objects as psychic skateboards.

Edited by Carlos Tyler
  • Thumbs Up 1

Flying around at high speeds rarely works. Have you ever played Iron Man? Flying controls are ass. It's just hard to fly really fast in a fully 3-D environment, with access to every direction without having either confusing or terrible controls.

If someone can present a counterpoint, and shut my ass up, though, go ahead. I'm all for it.

No I haven't played Iron Man, but honestly it looked interesting and I was planning to get it soon when I have enough money for it. :U But anyways, I don't know about other games, but the flying in Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is quite fun, and works in a 3D environment. Not sure how well that would translate into a Sonic game though. (Green Lantern couldn't move things around with his ring either, so I can't properly determine how telekinesis would factor in.)

I wouldn't mind.

If he's not fast with his feet, Sega showed that he at least can go fast flying (or levitating). And the idea of lifting objects to throw at enemies or create platforms sounds cool (Whenever it's not in a game as broken as 06 was, taking away almost all the fun that could produce)

To

The Cheese:

But if he could fly the levels would be too easy. I say keep his short hover that he does but allow him to use objects as psychic skateboards.

Only if his levels aren't built with flight in mind. It goes without saying that freeform flight dominates levels built only for Sonic, so the obvious solution is to design levels specifically to accomodate that possibility. To be honest I'm more confused that you'd even suggest a "psychic skateboard" in the first place though - for one thing it's functionality that can easily be folded into flight mechanics to eliminate redundancy, and for another he does basically the exact same thing with grabbable objects in his debut game anyway, so if anything letting him just summon one would break balancing more than anything else. Edited by The Cheese

Well if you can make Silver fun to play as then yes, make him playable again. Mephiles however, No, just no.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, first off, welcome to the Sonic fandom! :) It's nice to hear the perspective of the people who grew up with the 360 games, as it's definitely not something you encounter very often around places like these. (Wow-- am I really that old now!?)

Although a word of caution: Although many people your age at the very least kinda sorta like the 2006 game, many of us older people don't. Which isn't to say that you guys are wrong, just that some people are going to be mean about it.

I never really had a problem with Silver; then again, I never really played a game where I could play him. However, I will say that I really liked his boss fight in Generations. He has a lot of potential, and I'm also one of the people who feel that the other things from 2006 can be used in a much better way than they were in that game.

To everyone else: Guys, go a little easy on him. He's nine. xD

Also, why do so many people dislike Mephiles? o_0

Thanks meowthecat. Ok guys here's my diagrams, my older bro helped me submit them to www.imgur.com

LjbrT.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Carlos Tyler: You're welcome! I think I see what you mean by "tricks." You mean stuff like Sonic's boost and homing attack, right?

Those are what we call "moves." The stuff we call tricks is what Sonic can do when he jumps off a special ramp. Moves are basic things your character does in the game, like how Sonic uses the homing attack to fight enemies and stuff.

Edited by meowthecat

I'm imagining that "upside down smash" playing out in a actual game and the images I get are fucking hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm imagining that "upside down smash" playing out in a actual game and the images I get are fucking hilarious.

Also, we may need to clean up our language a bit in this topic. >.>

Also, we may need to clean up our language a bit in this topic. >.>

We don't have a swearing rule here. You can basically curse however you want.

We don't have a swearing rule here. You can basically curse however you want.

Oh, of course! Hence why I said "may." I'm just thinking of being courteous to our newest member. ;)

...Although if he starts posting regularly, this may present a problem. Hmm.

I like the idea you had! It's definitely make Silver's moves more varied, and allow him to move around a lot quicker! =)

I don't care if people want to cuss, that's their responsibility. I hear lots of people at school doing it. In life we just have to do the right thing we can't change other people.

You know, this is a bit off topic, and I apologize, but I just wanted to say that I think the world needs more mature kids like you. I just wanted to thank you for being such a mature, well spoken, and levelheaded guy, and not taking any of the rudeness from earlier to heart. Thumbs up. =D

(God I wish I was as mature as you when I was your age. xD)

Edited by Travcodad
  • Thumbs Up 5

Thanks Travcodad I appreciate it. I'm just doing what my Mom taught me so give her the kindness. :) I'm glad you like my idea. If the creators of this website let me I might make a Sonic and Shadow version of this. Or just a whole forum for new moves.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care if people want to cuss, that's their responsibility. I hear lots of people at school doing it. In life we just have to do the right thing we can't change other people. So I hope my ideas are more forward now that there's diagrams. If you guys have any other ideas for Silver's tricks/moves let me know.

Ah, okay, phew! xD Makes me feel a lot better. And your mother sounds like a cool person. :)

Not a problem!

I think maybe you could ask a moderator to change the topic title here to "Ideas for new movesets", and then we could use this topic for everybody's moves and tricks. =D I'd like to hear your ideas for Sonic and Shadow, and even Tails, Knuckles and Blaze too! We could try to think about how to make the other characters fit into the "Modern" style! (Like Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generations)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok the website boss can call this the new Sonic moves and tricks forum. I just finished an idea for Sonic and Shadow's team fire attack. Shadow uses his rocket sneakers to turn Sonic into a fireball.

C8GNW.png

Topic wise. No. Why make him playable if characters like Shadow and knuckles aren't? That's stupid. If he is anyway playable again, sega better let Knux or Shadow join in too.

Carlos, I think the main reason people are jumping on you is because this topic has been made more times than Activision has release a Call of duty game. (FYI that's alot) And we on this forum are kinda bored of seeing it. Hope that helps a little kid.

Edited by Eternal X

Start with a simple yet versatile control scheme, like Analog Stick, Jump, Attack, and Crouch. Give Silver the ability to move at a decent speed, preferably by having him switching to levitation when he builds up enough speed. Use the jump and crouch buttons to give him all the basic Sonic series moves, like rolling, spin jumping and spin dashing, and perhaps tie the psychoshock to crouching in midair. Keep the levitation ability for his air jump move, perhaps even keeping the momentum canceling effect for precision landings?

That just leaves Silver's actual bread and butter, the psychokinesis, which can pretty well be compacted into the attack button. Start by adapting Sonic's homing attack targeting cursor to indicate what his PK will affect. Scrap the useless push move, and make the other abilities context sensitive. Use on crates or rocks to lift them and throw them, perhaps with the limitation of only being able to lift one object at a time, just so you don't have to worry about the meter. Stand on a liftable object to use it as a controllable platform, use it on bars to bend them out of the way. And of course you could use it to trigger the effects of those fancy patterns.

Annnnnd...I think that's about it. That's how I'd salvage Silver, and I even threw some groundwork for translating classic Sonic gameplay into 3D while I was at it. The only thing left to add is that I believe Silver's psychokinesis could also be used to propel himself at high speeds, making him compatible with the modern boost gameplay. Unfortunately I don't think you could incorporate any of his object manipulation into that, but he could be useful if Sega ever wants to try some kind of boost race multiplayer.