Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

I was making a statement at how everyone is overreacting to something so minor. It's stupid children show, get over it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was making a statement at how everyone is overreacting to something so minor. It's stupid children show, get over it.

I do agree with some overreacting, but as Sean said before, it's pretty clear as to why this disappoints fans of the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

So people who don't like the show should just shut up and not say anything? That's not really fair at all, but there's no point in arguing this further because I sure everything about this show has been said already.

• Thumbs Up 6

im not overreacting though. I have my reasons as to why the show isn't appealing to me at all. I even said I'd give the thing another chance. And honestly,the whole "it's a children's show" thing to me is equivalent to the whole "it's just a video game" argument, which I just find bs.

I think this thread is really showing that we're Sonic fans.

Funny enough, the replies (and the show) are drawing many similarities to threads I've seen pertaining to Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Right down to people crying their childhoods "ruined forever," people responding "it's just (a/n) ____, you're overreacting, get over it," and even people "complaining about people complaining about complainers."

lol at this thread. laugh.png

popcorn_yes.gif

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm on the side of "Who the fuck cares, watch something else."

• Thumbs Up 4

lol at this thread. laugh.png

popcorn_yes.gif

Hey! That's my gif reaction!tongue.png

Well, some are hardcore fans, I can understand it. I like teen titans, not to any extreme though. Especially not to shout rape.

Edit: Neyah. I have 666 posts. I am evil now...

Edited by Abominal Taz

When someone both enters and posts in a thread, they are automatically agreeing to "care" about whatever subject is being talked about.

If you don't give a shit about children's cartoons then don't post in the thread to begin with.

It's just condescending to tell other people their interests are lesser than yours, especially when you like furry animal videogames made for children.

• Thumbs Up 4

I almost wonder how people would react to this show if it came first or if the original show never existed.  Of course, this would have never happened without the success/popularity of the original, but you know what I mean.

After watching the first episode again, I still stand by my original opinion... nothing great, nothing horrible.  It's just... THERE.

• Thumbs Up 3

So people who don't like the show should just shut up and not say anything? That's not really fair at all, but there's no point in arguing this further because I sure everything about this show has been said already.

Once again, you have every right to complain about this show, but saying "Oh, it raped my childhood" or "Aww, all of the characters are SHIT, ruined forever" isn't critiquing anything.

im not overreacting though. I have my reasons as to why the show isn't appealing to me at all. I even said I'd give the thing another chance. And honestly,the whole "it's a children's show" thing to me is equivalent to the whole "it's just a video game" argument, which I just find bs.

That wasn't really directed at anyone tho.

Is this on in the UK yet? If so, where, because I actually like it. I like stories where the heroes do normal (well, I say normal, but considering the cast...) things - it's interesting to me. That and the art style is very appealing to me.

After the "shock" effect of the first episode out of the way, I have to admit, this show is slowly growing on me after a few more episodes.  I still want old TTs back, but I can settle with this... for now.

Well I got a chance and saw the show. I thought it gave out humor for the Titans in a whole new way that I can understand daily life. Though I grew up watching the original Teen Titans. I still find this one however hilarious. I'm not saying the old one wasn't funny, I'm saying Teen Titans Go is trying to bring hilarious back with internet jokes and what life is now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm giving this show a 5 episode policy like all things, but I can tell my mind isnt going to be changed by episode 5 unless they do something mindblowing like make all this a dream from 1 of the titans and they go back to original animation.

I'm giving this show a 5 episode policy like all things, but I can tell my mind isnt going to be changed by episode 5 unless they do something mindblowing like make all this a dream from 1 of the titans and they go back to original animation.

If they were gonna do that, they might as well have just continued the original series. Pulling the whole "Oh, it's all just a dream thing" would just seem like arbitrary backpedaling that would lead to questions like, "Okay, well, why didn't you do this in the first place?"

The show has improved on its humor...but I still consider this a regular CN comedy series just slapped with the titans characters and name on it. It's become better than some shows, but that's still not saying a lot. I still don't like its direction, but it won't kill me or anything.Kids will regardless eat this shit up though.

I still consider it a crap show. Just FYI. It hasn't still got me to "enjoy it" like its trying. I'm just saying they've improve slightly on areas since the first one. But it still comes out as below average. It still in no way to me aside from the voices feels like teen titans, which will set it back a large amount. It's just now it's not doing all this stuff as badly as the first episode.(but good god the second episode came close with ravens dad!)

It's just now it's not doing all this stuff as badly as the first episode.(but good god the second episode came close with ravens dad!)

Yeah, it felt like they were ripping off the Adventure Time relationship between Marceline the Vampire Queen and her father Lord of the Nightosphere Hunson Abadeer in that one.

Whereas Raven and her dad are either supposed to be enemies or she is being controlled by him. 

Edited by Get Over Here

Oh hey, so some episodes are out now? *watches*

...I...

I dunno.

Some bits are just funny enough to get a chuckle or two from it, but then again I have the 'privilege' so to speak of not being attached to the original series, so considering I hate Raving Rabbids immensely... a bias of sorts I guess.

The art is... worse than I was expecting. I really hoped they were going for something more like Rayman Origins - just with more of a plot, and being a cartoon, yadda yadda. Still, there's something even worse - the writing. Really looks like those writers up there don't know how to write humor-inducingly-intendedly-written plots without being overly cheesy and not that funny anymore, with the recent influx of said shows.

Still a better show than Pac-Man: The Ghostly Adventures, though. I should get to writing a topic about that...

• 2 months later...

Ah, Señor Silkie was my favorite one this far, and I hope they do an episode of Batman interacting with the titans because I've wanted that to happen since the original series.

Oh hey just noticed this topic and I'm glad I did because I was going to make one. Anyway being a die hard fan of the original show, I have to say I love this spin off series too. Like Starfire said in the second episode "haters gonna hate." This isn't supposed to be a contunuation of the original series, so to those complaining about how "it ruined their childhood" well this didn't ruin your childhood. You can forget about this show and just watch the original on Youtube or if you own the complete series on DVD like I do just watch it there. Anyway the only thing that completely bothers me about this is that stupid horrible redesign for Raven. They got her look right in promo art, but in the show itself they redesigned her. Her hair style and color is not correct. Apparently in the up coming episode she's not going to have her hood on again and lo and behold she still has that bad hair style. I thought maybe just maybe they had messed up in "Laundry Day" but nope. >_< She looks like Ingrid Third from Filmore! xD But my favorite episode to date is definitely Girls Night Out. I still get a laugh from that episode when I re-watch it. (Especially when Raven says to Jinx "Haha you're in jail." xD) Also Greg Cipes apparently had stated that since this show is getting enough viewers that there is a slight chance that the original show could return, but we've heard that before and it would be a dream come true to see the original return. (However I'm extremely happy TT is back in some form. I scared my gf when I first found out it was returning because I was screaming and jumping for joy. xD)