Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

How many € are 800 MSP? 10, right?

In the Marketplace it says 500 MSP is £4.25 and 1000 MSP is £8.50, I'll try to Google a converter up so I can work out the Euro amount.

EDIT:

SuperCarl at the SEGA Forums says 800 MSP is £6.80 so it'll be easy to translate that. BRB

£6.80 is 7.73738 EUR whatever that means, all I get back is all of those numbers everytime I try to convert it so I hope it helps.

Ah I just converted it. It would be 9.70 7.76(sorry didn't see your edit)... Anyway, though, the price sucks :-/. I have 100 points left on my account so if I buy the 1000 points card I'd still have 20 points too little to get Metal Sonic and Forklift Ryo >_< I might have to get a 500 points card thing too,and just save the rest..

Edited by MarcelloF

Ah I just converted it. It would be 9.70... Anyway, though, the price sucks :-/. I have 100 points left on my account so if I buy the 1000 points card I'd still have 20 points too little to get Metal Sonic and Forklift Ryo >_< I might have to get a 500 points card thing too,and just save the rest..

I had to buy 1000 MSP's too to get this Metal Sonic and Egg Hangar pack as I only had 210 so buying 500MSP would have left me still needing another 90 >_< Oh well, I'll probably just use the 410 left to get a film for me and my wife to watch the weekend.

EDIT:

WARNING: DO NOT BUY THE DLC YET!!

AAUK has just informed me that the DLC has gone up at the wrong price and should be cut down shortly.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, first they put it up and take it down. Then they put it up at completely the wrong price? I can't imagine this could've been any more of a train wreck! ASR may be 'built for DLC', but SEGA (or whoever is sorting all of this out) certainly isn't!

No way I'd pay 800 points for that, but people are bound too. This 'mistake' has only made SEGA more money. I'm sure they're delighted about that much. I bet there's no rush at the SEGA offices to get it fixed. Until they fix it I wont be bothering anyway.

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Are you kidding me? And here I downloaded the DLC already... Ugh...

Oh well, it's a cool track and Metal Sonic ain't a bad one to race as in my opinion. :)

Whew! I was just about to buy it! Good to know that 800 will be (hopefully) cut in half. $10 (800msp) is too much. That's roughly a fifth of the price of the full game. :P

EDIT:

WARNING: DO NOT BUY THE DLC YET!!

AAUK has just informed me that the DLC has gone up at the wrong price and should be cut down shortly.

Oh, thank god. I was wondering what was up with the price..

SEGA just isn't lucky when it comes to internet, huh? First the leaks of Sonic 4, then the putting this DLC up too early on PSN, now the wrong price. And theres so much more.

This 'mistake' has only made SEGA more money. I'm sure they're delighted about that much. I bet there's no rush at the SEGA offices to get it fixed.

Such sincerity. If that was the case would we have bothered to let you guys know? :P

I'll hopefully have more about this soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

Such sincerity. If that was the case would we have bothered to let you guys know? :P

I'll hopefully have more about this soon.

Good point. I'm sure you would though AAUK, because you're always doing so much for the community inside and outside your job. I feel sorry for all the people paying £6 odd for it now though, will Microsoft be able to refund the lost points or something? =X

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems I wasn't the only one who already bought the DLC, just did an online race with DLC enabled on the Egg Hangar. But I did saw something weird when I was waiting in the lobby for the current race to end, the little icons which shows how far they are in the race were wrong... Instead of Metal Sonic it showed regular Sonic.

Well at least you informed us AAUK. :D

*waits till DLC price goes down*

Anyone who has already got Metal, care to tell us how he handles? What's he like to play? Advantages/disadvantages to using him?

~Dai

I'd bought it too but I won't be fussed if I can't get a refund, it's not a huge amount lost. The DLC has gone back up on the Marketplace but still at 800 MSP so don't buy it yet, wait for the info from AAUK.

I only played one race as him yet, but he handles quite nicely for as far as I know. His turning wasn't what I was used to when playing with characters as Opa-Opa and Forklift Ryo, but after a lap or so I already got the hang of him. :)

Egg Hangar is a great track in my opinion, and I just love the music track Never Let It Go.

If I can't get a refund for it then I actually don't care much... It's not a fortune that I lost, and it's a nice DLC pack. :)

The only thing that's a bit of a letdown for me is that the announcer has no lines for Metal Sonic.

Edited by KillingRaptor

Re: Refunds - Yes I'm asking about that, don't worry. My first concern was that.

I can confirm no PS3 DLC today... when the blog goes up (its being delayed by waiting for the price to change and getting some confirmation on the above) it'll have the date/prices for PS3.

Good point. I'm sure you would though AAUK, because you're always doing so much for the community inside and outside your job. I feel sorry for all the people paying £6 odd for it now though, will Microsoft be able to refund the lost points or something? =X

Last year Braid was discounted as one of the first Deals of the Day they now do for Gold account members but it was actually priced wrong as I recall. Microsoft sent an email to everyone who brought it at wrong price and refunded the points back into their accounts so its certainly possible.

Re: Refunds - Yes I'm asking about that, don't worry. My first concern was that.

I can confirm no PS3 DLC today... when the blog goes up (its being delayed by waiting for the price to change and getting some confirmation on the above) it'll have the date/prices for PS3.

Aww bugger, is this true for all regions or just EU?

In theory, how long would it take to get this fixed? Is it something that could theoretically be repaired within a few hours, or would we have to wait a day or two (or, heaven forbid, another whole week?) The sooner, the better...

Also, I find it interesting that the pack can only be gotten from the in-game marketplace menu, and not the marketplace itself...

Edited by Cyberlink420

I'm hearing reports via the Retro boards that the price has gone down - can someone else confirm please?

On the official Xbox site here in Belgium (Europe) it sais 560 MSP now. :)

Edited by KillingRaptor

I'm hearing reports via the Retro boards that the price has gone down - can someone else confirm please?

Still 800msp for me AAUK :/

So it reportedly dropped to $7 (not at the US or UK marketplaces yet). Still a little $$$ IMO, but I'll buy it. Sumo just better release more DLC!

Obligatory DLC wish list:

-Space Channel 5 Track Pack

-Streets of Rage racer

-Hornet racer (no need to reference Daytona, which carries $$$ licensing fees, just give us the car... and Tom Brown!)

-Hang-On motorcycle (maybe bundled with the Hornet in an AM2 themed pack?)

-Vyse and Aika racer

-It's Ridge Racer! Riiiiidge Racer! <-Joking.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Well, I might aswell post my wishlist here too then. :lol:

- Joe Musashi character or cameo (I wouldn't care which of the two, but it would be cool to have him in somehow)

- Vyse character

- Wonder Boy character (preferably the Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap version)

- Alex Kidd in Miracle World tracks

- Fantasy Zone tracks

- Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap based track (would be awesome to race through the castle in the beginning of the game, maybe with a cameo from Meka Dragon)

- Out Run track

Edited by KillingRaptor