Awoo.

Your Ideal Sonic Game?

Crystal Slave

A full 3D game with everyone playable, including Wave, Storm, Big, Chaos, Tikal, Nega, Mighty, Fang, Bean. Bark, Ray, and maybe even the unused chars like Tiara, Honey, Rocket Metal, Mr.Needlemouse, etc.

But...

Mr. Needlemouse IS Sonic...

I think he meant Classic Sonic?

Maybe?

Then why didn't they name him like that in Generations?

Mr. Needlemouse never publicly existed, only Sonic.

Shipping hell or not, I want a sequel to Sonic Rush Adventure.

I've been waiting for a third Rush game for a long time, until Colours DS. It was... bittersweet. I wanted the continuity with Sonic and Blaze to continue, and the crazy level tropes and stuff.

Shipping hell or not, I want a sequel to Sonic Rush Adventure.

How about a Why-The-Fuck-Is-Blaze-In-'06 game?

How about a Why-The-Fuck-Is-Blaze-In-'06 game?

How 'bout we pretend like that never happened....

How 'bout we pretend like that never happened....

It didn't happen. None of it happened.

@Lelouch, IT. DIDN'T. HAPPEN.

Edited by Balding Spider

LOOK AT ITTTTTTTTT

IT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPE-okay we should probably stop, and attempt to put this thread back on track.

IT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPE-okay we should probably stop, and attempt to put this thread back on track.

So about that Game-That-Explains-Blaze-In-'06.

Sonic generations modern gameplay with some tweaks. And it needs too have enough replay value and length to have me coming back for months. Bonus items, secret pathways,longer levels, multiplayer, more of that stuff. And maybe some other playable characters like Tails, Knuckles,Shadow or something.

So about that Game-That-Explains-Blaze-In-'06.

There is no need to explain it. Sonic Team just fucked up and it should be left at that. Bringing it up really does nothing to move the series forward. What exactly would be the benefit of making a game specifically to address a writers fuck-up?

There is no need to explain it. Sonic Team just fucked up and it should be left at that. Bringing it up really does nothing to move the series forward. What exactly would be the benefit of making a game specifically to address a writers fuck-up?

Not directly, of course.

But a game that simply explains exactly what was going on in the sidelines.

Perhaps a spinoff with Blaze or Silver?

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

Not directly, of course.

But a game that simply explains exactly what's going on in the sidelines.

Perhaps a spinoff with Blaze or Silver?

Like I said, there isn't a need for it.

There was no canonical reason behind it, Sonic Team just fucked up. In such a catastrophic way that trying to explain it would do nothing but remind people of that fuck up and probably make things even more needlessly convoluted than they need to be.

Its not so much a plot-hole, more of a plot-canyon - no amount of human intervention can fill that up, its best to just leave it alone and make a new game with a completely new plot.

• 1 month later...

I'll respond to this here because the other topic was locked.

Verte Said,

- The degree of lovingly detailed world-building prevalent in Unleashed.

- The high standard of characterization the Storybook games had combined with the vibrant and more down-to-earth mannerisms of characters exemplified in Colours and Generations.

- Interesting stories that actually push the boundaries of characters and result in character development that sticks. - The Hedgehog Engine's potential being more realized and utilized.

- Complex level design that embraces Sonic's speed rather than is set against it. Possibly taking Colours' formula by introducing new Sonic forms that give prominence to emergent gameplay?

What do you mean by this exactly? Do you mean level design lacking platforming like Unleashed Day or am I mis-understanding you?

Start with Unleashed. Replace the Werehog with one or a few more recurring characters developed directly off of Sonic's base, but with enough differences in movement style, abilities, and in-stage gimmicks to justify their campaigns within the design boundaries of a standard Sonic game- in short, take a note from 06's book. Make medal collecting optional. Create new levels, hubs, acts, missions, and NPC arcs. Write a more relevant story that won't peter out during the second act. Optimize the overall game better. Do that and I'll be happy forever.